Turtle138

Guilty and Ashamed

11 posts in this topic

There are times when l just wish l was not so quick.

In this fast paced swipe and look l have sent requests out and if l dont get a response Text, PM and Call l move on.

Problem is at times l will get crickets then all of a sudden 2 or 3 ladies will respond.

How do you tell the other 2 sorry without coming across as a jerk.

Not to mention that at times the one you committed to flakes. Companionship is difficult to plan.

Thoughts

52 minutes ago, Turtle138 said:

There are times when l just wish l was not so quick.

In this fast paced swipe and look l have sent requests out and if l dont get a response Text, PM and Call l move on.

Problem is at times l will get crickets then all of a sudden 2 or 3 ladies will respond.

How do you tell the other 2 sorry without coming across as a jerk.

Not to mention that at times the one you committed to flakes. Companionship is difficult to plan.

Thoughts

If you can plan ahead, 1 or 2 days, you have a better chance to connect, without making multiple requests. Patience is key.

I do realize that won't work for many, though. 

Nobodies fault except for the ladies who don’t respond, you just choose who you want to see the most. Just let them know sorry but you took so long to respond and I chose a different lady but maybe next time

5 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Nobodies fault except for the ladies who don’t respond, you just choose who you want to see the most. Just let them know sorry but you took so long to respond and I chose a different lady but maybe next time

What ^he^ said, but my policy was always “1st response wins the $s.”

These day’s I have more leisure time, so I wait for that 1st call to respond.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

What ^he^ said, but my policy was always “1st response wins the $s.”

These day’s I have more leisure time, so I wait for that 1st call to respond.

If I am on short notice, I will usually send out three "I'm not totally sure I can get away, but if I can, are you available at 1:00 pm for a one-hour appointment?" texts to ladies that I would like to see.

Usually, I get nothing for 10-15 minutes and then the responses come in.  Usually it's not a problem because two out of three send "sorry" texts, and I just go with whichever responds positively.  If I get two positives, which is a bit rare, I am with Bit, I go for the first responder and tell the other lady, "Sorry, I didn't hear from you, so I made other plans.  Hope to see you soon, though."  If I get no responses for 15 minutes or so, I send out another inquiry or two (the P411 "Available Now" list is invaluable in these situations), and respond as indicated above.

I haven't created any hard feelings, since I indicated it was a tentative inquiry in the first post and no one therefore feels stood up if it doesn't work out.  I think the key to staying on everybody's "nice" list is to get back to them immediately with a yea or nea, so that no one goes out of their way to get ready for a date that doesn't happen, or is left hanging.

Works for me.  A much better approach, of course, is to schedule ahead with a favorite, but even those fall through sometimes and you are once again in the short-notice scenario.

31 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I haven't created any hard feelings, since I indicated it was a tentative inquiry in the first post and no one therefore feels stood up if it doesn't work out.  I think the key to staying on everybody's "nice" list is to get back to them immediately with a yea or nea, so that no one goes out of their way to get ready for a date that doesn't happen, or is left hanging.

This response looks like a very good method for short notice! Thanks, BadBoy!

47 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

This common courtesy goes a LONG ways.

I never expect a lady to get back to me immediately, because I assume she's working! But I do hope for a response within a couple of hours.

I have been waiting for 8 years for one well known (at the time especially) and reviewed lady to get back to me.  I know it is just a matter of time!  Any day now!  And I really wanted to see her too!  :cool:

2 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I have been waiting for 8 years for one well known (at the time especially) and reviewed lady to get back to me.  I know it is just a matter of time!  Any day now!  And I really wanted to see her too!  :cool:

A man of patience