Jez UaBriain

Any one have a good ghost story?

53 posts in this topic

Who believes in ghosts?  Well, I do. I grew up in an old farm house that had a old lady ghost who did not like kids. If you pissed her off, the air would get real electric. You touch anything and you would get a shock.  Then I rented a house off of Wadsworth by Crown Hill. I think the ghost there had parties with the ghostties from the cemetery. It was a strange place.  So if you have a good ghost story, share it.🍀

I recently spent the night in a b&b in Boothbay Harbour, ME. It had been the home of an 18th Century Sea Captain. I thought, how cool, historic, with the most amazing views out of like seven windows, overlooking the harbor and out to Sea. Well, we checked in, went out for supper and slept soundly until morning. When we came down for breakfast, everyone was looking at us kind a funny. The innkeeper asked how the night went. We said fine. She said, “well, I didn’t want to tell you but” and she handed me a book called “The Hauted Houses of Maine”, sure enough, our room number 5, was listed there as Chapter 5 in the book. It had been the Captain’s reading room. His ghost has been seen in that room in a long black cloak with a large fedora. I turned to my girl and said, “see Honey, it wasn’t me snoring after all!” ,”It was the Captain. He must have fallen asleep in his reading chair”

I stayed at the Stanley in King’s room and NOTHING happened.😕

I love paranormal activity! It’s all energy work to me (Reiki)!😁 all things that go bump in the night I live for that! I feel see and live it. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

I went on a ghost tour today here in Colorado with a group! It was fascinating. Another fun thing to do in October, but I can admit I enjoy it all year long :) 

Actually have a ghost at work, several people have seen her. Recently a picture was taken of a person there at work and you can scan to the very left and there is a figure in a long white dress, you can see through her.  Some say it was photo shopped, now here is where it really gets weird if you scan to the right there is another less noticeable figure. Even more wild, an engineer was really into this, he contacted the local town librarian and asked if any female spirits were ever reported, she said yes they had one in the library, they would come to work and there would be open books in the middle of the floor. They continued to talk about this, and the female spirit was believed to be a lady that passed away quite awhile ago. The librarian jokingly asked the engineer if our ghost had a name, they were talking on the phone, he told her the name that was given to her and it went quiet on the phone for awhile, she then said that was the ladies name. Actually seen a pic of the lady that passed, long hair, long white dress. That is the description that everyone who has seen her describes her. By the way that is what the figure looks like in the recent photo, long hair, long white dress. 

Flashback 03/17/1978. My best friend at the time Jose, for purposes sake here, had met bee at a buddies house for 1 beer. Then off to Aspen for skiing. Him and our buddy yimmy, for purposes sake here, took off say 7pm if I remember rightly. He was a Great Man and Friend. It happened in Basalt, head-on. I vividly remember the dream that night, he simply said goodbye. He passed away. Next morning I received a phone call from another buddy, no cells, rotary. Said he heard there was trouble. Called up to Aspen hospital and had to lie that I was his brother, they put with his sister Katrina for purposes sake here, and she explained what happened. I lost it, still do. I can remember my Daddy, a Strong Man, dropping to his knees, immobile in Prayer, it was yesterday. He cried, never seen him do that...Ever. We were a tight group , still are. Visited his gravesite every year and tipped one (more) to him for a number of years, until someone got a DWI leaving the cemetery. Been at least 20 years since I've been there. Will go tomorrow cause I'll be in that hood anyway. I believe in a lot of things, and yes ghosts is certainly one of them. Obviously I think of him. Peace. 

7 hours ago, Laci French said:

ghostFT1.jpg

I recently moved out of Colorado and purchased a mid-1940's movie theater. It is said to be haunted but I have not seen anything that would convince me of that.

There have been two independent psychics who don't know each other have reported seeing the same young man standing outside the building, They describe him wearing the same cloths (like a early days newspaper boy) and both claim he said we was the "just the look out".I find it interesting that two people told of the same experience. A team of investigators and a psychic come to investigate the property next month.

When I worked in Central City as the lone night security guard there where many times I had the weebie jeebies scared out of me, but after further investigating the experience, I could always find an earthly conclusion.

You betcha! My last apartment in DTC was haunted for sure. I could feel someone sit down next to me in bed when i would read at night. My cats would watch things I couldnt see. I finally started using my cell phone and have a few videos of dozens of orbs up on youtube under drconnilingus

They were not dust particles etc.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:05 PM, Laci French said:

Technically not true, I seem to remember pictures being posted through out the evening. 😂😂😂

About 15 years ago I used to have a cat named Smoky.  Smoky was a house cat but after several years, he decided he needed to go outside. For several weeks he stayed very near the house and always came when called.

One day, Smoky disappeared and was never found.

Smoky always loves  jumping in to bed after I went to bed at night.

After he disappeared, for about a year, we could feel a jump on the bed just like when Smoky did it for real.

I believed it was his spirit jumping up in bed with us.

Had a friend in college that grew up near Leesburg, VA in a mid 1800’s farm house.  Every year in early to mid October they would hear men on horseback across the corn fields. Twice she saw what looked like six men in blue military officers uniforms on horseback, galloping across the fields, and vanishing into the trees. No big deal, right?  Problem is, the corn was easily 6 feet tall and the riders were in full view, riding above the dry corn stalks. 

A little history research revealed this....The Battle of Ball's Bluff in Loudoun County, Virginia on October 21, 1861, was one of the early battles of the American Civil War, where Union Army forces under Major General George B. McClellan, suffered a humiliating defeat.

Makes you go, hmmmm.

OK my turn,

My ex rented a house for a while that a school teacher committed suicide in.... When they were all moved literally packing into the moving van, nothing left to take outside... out she said "see you later Lindsay" and the light in the basement turned on right away.... I know first hand three people witnessed this. Weird!

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

About 15 years ago I used to have a cat named Smoky.  Smoky was a house cat but after several years, he decided he needed to go outside. For several weeks he stayed very near the house and always came when called.

One day, Smoky disappeared and was never found.

Smoky always loves  jumping in to bed after I went to bed at night.

After he disappeared, for about a year, we could feel a jump on the bed just like when Smoky did it for real.

I believed it was his spirit jumping up in bed with us.

I for one have had several pets that are gone that visit me in a similar manner. I have to tell you, my past and present pets are like humans to most people, and loved as such..Spoiled to say the least... I really can not explain why but they visit me in a similar fashion....My Wonder Dog My Bailey... rest her soul......has visited both myself and my wife on several occasions in the last couple of years. She was something very special! We both loved her more than most people wold relate to.

When she passed, we were heart broke to say the least.

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I for one have had several pets that are gone that visit me in a similar manner. I have to tell you, my past and present pets are like humans to most people, and loved as such..Spoiled to say the least... I really can not explain why but they visit me in a similar fashion....My Wonder Dog My Bailey... rest her soul......has visited both myself and my wife on several occasions in the last couple of years. She was something very special! We both loved her more than most people wold relate to.

When she passed, we were heart broke to say the least.

I wish the rainbow bridge had visiting hours😕

29 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Speak to Heimdallr about that.

A couple of years ago my SO's mother passed. She lived down stairs until almost the end.

I have a bathroom in my basement laundry room and I was pulling out clothes from the dryer.

The damn toilet flushed by its flipping self!!! I have no explanation but every one in the house thought I was crazy because I flew up the stairs whiter than a damn ghost.

I know, not to scary but it scared the hell out of me.

On 9/30/2018 at 8:15 AM, Laci French said:

Me too Sweetie. Bailey was our "Wonder Dog" in so many ways as well in name.

We miss her to this day and will till we meet her again.

My wife and I talk often about how much she and now 2 year old "Matteo" would get along. Matteo is the "Mighty Mutt" to the "Wonder Dog"

He is such a good dog, loves other dogs and people he meets! If he thinks my wife is in danger..Oh God you better hope it's a mistake! He is VERY protective of my wife. A good thing. If she talks to you, he's off guard 100% and comes in for a visit "pet me"  He's so smart about that it's kind of unnerving! Me? Not as much. I think he knows I'm the alpha....As is his breed, he loves his extended family and especially small children no matter if he's met them or if they are family members.

I hope "The Rainbow Bridge" is more than a poem, if it's not, I for one am going to be very depressed.........

Thank you for you insightful response!

When I was a kid, if you were in the basement of of our house you could distinctly hear footsteps when people were walking around upstairs. The problem was that several times I heard very distinct footsteps upstairs when no one else was home and all our animals were accounted for.  The pattern was always the same.  Someone(thing?) would start walking from my parents room at the end of the hallway upstairs, walk the length of the hall, then go into the kitchen and disappear. There were no exterior doors to my parents bedroom and only one door to our kitchen so no one could have gotten in or out without making more sound.   It was terrifying but I never told anyone because I didn’t think anyone would believe me ( I wasn’t sure if I believed it myself) and also I didn’t want people to think I was just scared to be home alone.  Then one time I was gone overnight and my mom was home alone.  The next day she asked me if I had come home early the night before because she heard someone walking around upstairs.  I told her about what I had heard previously and she confirmed it was the exact same pattern. We moved shortly after that.

16 hours ago, Desperado said:

When I was a kid, if you were in the basement of of our house you could distinctly hear footsteps when people were walking around upstairs. The problem was that several times I heard very distinct footsteps upstairs when no one else was home and all our animals were accounted for.  The pattern was always the same.  Someone(thing?) would start walking from my parents room at the end of the hallway upstairs, walk the length of the hall, then go into the kitchen and disappear. There were no exterior doors to my parents bedroom and only one door to our kitchen so no one could have gotten in or out without making more sound.   It was terrifying but I never told anyone because I didn’t think anyone would believe me ( I wasn’t sure if I believed it myself) and also I didn’t want people to think I was just scared to be home alone.  Then one time I was gone overnight and my mom was home alone.  The next day she asked me if I had come home early the night before because she heard someone walking around upstairs.  I told her about what I had heard previously and she confirmed it was the exact same pattern. We moved shortly after that.

Damn, that would have scared the shit out of me. Do you fear the darkness sometimes? I do, and have no idea why. I feel like something happened that I don’t or won’t remember.

Many years ago I was in a friends house with my girlfriend making out on a couch. The house we were in was from the late 1800's and was a big beautiful victorian home. I heard something and had my back to the room. I turned to look and saw a cat. I commented to my gf, i didn't know Elison had a cat. My gf said she doesn't. Scared the heck out of me. 

I would be willing to walk through anyone’s home and do a reading for them. Just hit me up and yes you will need to come get me. 😊

Just something reiki teachers/practitioners can do. No big deal. Other than to say I do enjoy real paranormal activity. 

On 9/29/2018 at 6:47 PM, CandiO said:

You betcha! My last apartment in DTC was haunted for sure. I could feel someone sit down next to me in bed when i would read at night. My cats would watch things I couldnt see. I finally started using my cell phone and have a few videos of dozens of orbs up on youtube under drconnilingus

They were not dust particles etc.

You are not kidding. That place was strange!