Veronicaturbay

What do you prefer? photoshoots

35 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2018 at 9:59 AM, Bit Banger said:

Exactly!  A mix of glamour shots & casual.  Perhaps suggestive, but not risqué.

agreed!

On 9/26/2018 at 10:59 AM, Topnotchflicks said:

Completely agree!!

However you are gonna look when we meet, that is the style your photos should be!

well depends... some clients request specific outfits, like casual clothing" instead of the nude shot haha

9 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

As the saying goes, "It's the Indian, not the arrow". 

No, I'm not offering my services but just wanted to dispel the myth that good equipment will automatically give you great photos.  It's a pet peeve of guys/gals that take photography seriously.

^^^^ This is well said.  When people tell me "your camera takes great photos" I tell them that's like saying Babe Ruth's bat hit alot of home runs. The camera is just the tool.

It’s all about capturing the right pose, the right moment.

Professional photographs show great detail, but not necessarily who the real person is.

Selfies can be very difficult to show who the real person is and definitely does not capture the moment.

An amateur photograph can show the real person and capture the moment. It may not be the same quality as a professional photograph, but is can be a better photograph because it shows the real person.

21 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

The cameras on phones are very good but it does not replace a good photographer at all.  As the saying goes, "It's the Indian, not the arrow". 

I've belonged to photography forums for many many years and you constantly see even people spending 3 to $4,000 on camera equipment and not understanding why their pictures don't look great.  It was the same with all of them, their pictures sucked because they didn't learn about photography.  The biggest problem with camera phones is you're stuck with a large depth of field, which doesn't allow you to isolate the subject from the background.

The point is, you stick me in a room with a beautiful naked woman for a half an hour and then the amateur guy with a camera phone gets his shot forhalf an hour and my photos will look magnitudes better.  

No, I'm not offering my services but just wanted to dispel the myth that good equipment will automatically give you great photos.  It's a pet peeve of guys/gals that take photography seriously.

Except if you have some of the simplest photo editors out there for use with your phone camera you can duplicate the things you referred to.  Isolated certain areas of crystal clear focus with blurred backgrounds, tweeting the contrast or exposure or cropping for composition.  I look through the photos here and they serve their purpose but could be improved upon very easily as well with the lovely subjects.