airamericavet65

Love

25 posts in this topic

A very versatile word depending on what you want. As a noun or a verb it can be use both physically and mentally with true meaning and emotion or casually to signify little or nothing. 

I know I'm going to love the massage I just signed up for. What does the word mean for you.

2 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Love has always been an action, and not a feeling for me. It's easy to say the words I love you, and it feels good when you hear them, but the proof is always in the pudding. Who's there with you through your struggles, through your celebrations, when life really matters. Who are the people you can count on, that put in the time and energy regardless of what's going on. That's real family and real love...at least for me.  Great topic. Cant wait to hear the input on this one. 💙💙💙

P.S. I also love Beer 😂😂😂

Thanks for a great response

Love is a complicated word.  So many pieces of literature, so many movies, so many TV shows and so many songs written about it.  There are shades and textures to the word.  For me, it an emotion, but unless it includes actions, it can feel empty.  And I love can be expressed in so many different ways, depending on circumstance.  I've loved my last two dogs.  I've loved my ex-wife.  Those forms of love included many actions over a long period of time.  Sometimes love can mean "truly enjoyed", but that love is different from sentimental or romantic love.  I have friends that I love, but that love is also different from my love for some family members or past spouse.  I don't always know how to properly express love, but I work hard on expressing kindness through actions.  I can express kindness to the people I encounter, but is it a form of love?   Don't know.  We humans are complicated, with complicated minds, complicated thoughts and complicated relationships.  Way too complicated for me to wrap my head around.  So I do the best I can to be open, pay attention to the people I meet, practice listening deeply and acting in ways that try to add to the "plus side" of the column of life.

Whoa, quite a heavy, but interesting topic for a Thursday night when I am also thinking about trying to arrange something fun to do this weekend.   Whooda thunk that TOB would inspire such rich and rewarding topics.  That is part of why I "love" it here.

I agree with Hunter, that love is more of an action.  Like she said, it's the people that are there for me through thick and thin. No judgment, they just accept me for who I am. Likewise I try to accept the people in my life for who they are, especially when life takes those nasty turns. Its easy when life is good, but when life hits a pothole, or quickly derails, that's when it matters most. I've been blessed to have a few good friends from my neighborhood growing up, and from school, that I can honestly say there is mutual unconditional love. Action speaks louder than words.

On another note, I love TOB, and the outlet it provides me!! Oh yeah, and beer Hunter 😁

One of the world's in which I travel makes a sharp distinction between love and attachment. The former is giving, accepting, empowering while the latter is clinging, constricting and selfish.   In my practice today, love is a feeling of immense connectedness, which gets expressed as caring but not possessing; supporting not directing; for examples. 

For me it begins with John 15: “Greater Love Hath No Man Than This That a Man Lay Down His Life For His Friend.”

Love is an active verb describing sacrifice.  It can be small acts of kindness or larger acts of putting another’s needs before your own.  It’s about acting without expectations of reward other than your own feelings of fulfillment.

8 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

A very versatile word depending on what you want. As a noun or a verb it can be use both physically and mentally with true meaning and emotion or casually to signify little or nothing. 

I know I'm going to love the massage I just signed up for. What does the word mean for you.

Love has so many meanings...come to think of it so does fuck you❤️❤️😂😂

This really is an inside joke😉

Any and every kind of love is beautiful and precious.  Life should be filled with giving and receiving love daily. 

9 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Love has so many meanings...come to think of it so does fuck you❤️❤️😂😂

This really is an inside joke😉

Any and every kind of love is beautiful and precious.  Life should be filled with giving and receiving love daily. 

Laci you really know how to turn a phrase

Edited by airamericavet65
Miss spelled

We are young

Heartache to heartache we stand

No promises 

No demands

Love is a battlefield 

2 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Love means never having to say you are sorry. 

😂😂😂 don’t ya wish😉

You were the first and so was I We made love and then you cried so many songs about love in all its forms. So many good points are being made

Edited by airamericavet65
Miss spelled

16 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Love means never having to say you are sorry. 

Since when? I have had to say I am sorry even more after those three little words were used than I ever did before. Haha😀

13 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

... Love is an active verb describing a willingness to sacrifice.  ...

Perhaps this statement is better than my first attempt. (Changes in bold)

12 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Here is one of the 1000 meanings......

Another Genya fan ? Cool. First saw her long ago with "Ten Wheel Drive." 

4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

My true love...

hf8B8ho.jpg?1

Good advice

Wow that's a great idea.

Love all of you!

Now pick me no me ok all are welcome!

Love live Laugh.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, airamericavet65 said:

It's the meaning of life. it's to care about somebody else's happiness more than your own.