ReadySetGoForIt

The Trials of a Newbie - Chapter 2

23 posts in this topic

Newbie here - but not totally inexperienced.  This screening business is hard work!  I don't mean Provider screening Hobbyists (a whole other Oprah), I mean Hobbyists screening Providers.  I can't help but notice some review chains start out glowing, then devolve into "Rip Off", "No", "No Show", etc.  I'm learning to check the reviewer's details, like when did they join (day before the review?), how many reviews have they written (many or just one), do they just review the same 4-5 Providers?  Sometimes the review language is very similar to their others (how many ATFs can you have, dude?).  I even noticed one Provider on my wish list with several reviews whose picture and stats suddenly changed into a very different woman; it's almost funny to read the old descriptive reviews while looking at the profile's new stats.  I'm so glad TOB has many data points to work with.  It's still an adventure, of course.

"It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

23 minutes ago, turtlerabbit said:

True on all points. But kudos for quoting Lord of the Rings.

Love those books and the movies are also incredible!!❤️

Welcome in!

First decide all the qualities you are looking for in a provider, contact those hobbiest who seems to seek your style of provider. Investigate the male side of why he chooses any particular provider. Go from their perspective to make your choices if it sounds reasonable enough for you? May I also suggest to find the ones that are newbie friendly providers also especially if you have no reference. 

16 hours ago, ReadySetGoForIt said:

a whole other Oprah

giphy.gif

Edited by daaacz
Oops. Bad link.

2 minutes ago, daaacz said:

giphy.gif

Oprah is hot .......... Turn around so I can see that curvy butt.........

19 hours ago, ReadySetGoForIt said:

Newbie here - but not totally inexperienced.  This screening business is hard work!  I don't mean Provider screening Hobbyists (a whole other Oprah), I mean Hobbyists screening Providers.  I can't help but notice some review chains start out glowing, then devolve into "Rip Off", "No", "No Show", etc.  I'm learning to check the reviewer's details, like when did they join (day before the review?), how many reviews have they written (many or just one), do they just review the same 4-5 Providers?  Sometimes the review language is very similar to their others (how many ATFs can you have, dude?).  I even noticed one Provider on my wish list with several reviews whose picture and stats suddenly changed into a very different woman; it's almost funny to read the old descriptive reviews while looking at the profile's new stats.  I'm so glad TOB has many data points to work with.  It's still an adventure, of course.

"It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

OP, 

There are PLENTY of ladies on TOB who have LOADS of positive reviews and NONE that are a NO or So--So review. So you are just super picky, or you just aren't looking hard enough ;);)

Oh yes, I found them and have been quite happy :):)   Just sayin' homework is important - but it can be fun, too. 

Yeah, need to do your research. Deep dive those reviews. And look for reviews other places. But if hoping an Instagram model just suddenly showed up in CO, be really leery.

Lots of legit, pretty ladies on here.

Hi as a  newbie to this site I'm looking for someone who will help me out damm how I miss backpage !!!!!!! . I've only been on a few months this site is trying my patients a lot I'm going thru a lot I've lost both my parents to cancer and my moms death is 2 maybe 3 years is coming up next feb on the 17th 2019 can anyone help me out ????

Thank you kandi apple I can't wait for that 

3 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

What about getting off your help me trip and go out and get laid. 

Us ladies are patient but DAMN your posts are all over the place.

I have no problem helping you out.

When you leave my place you'll have a new pair of big boy pants and whole new pep in your step.

Then you can be a perfect hobbiest. All of your newbie nonsense will disappear.

Big boy pants lmao 

3 hours ago, Sexy Francesca said:

And please know random daily texts with two letters like this: gm

Then no response till the next morning it’s quite annoying... just saying 

If you have something you would like to say feel free to text otherwise it comes across as quite bothersome xo

If you’re going to message a lady and say “gm”, you might as well text a lady and say “sup”.  You’ll get the same response.

Guys, if you’re going to contact a lady, put some coherent thought into it.

Believe me, you’ll get a far better response and more responses when you put some effort into your messages.

The ladies on TOB do appreciate it when you approach them with clear, concise sentences.  It doesn’t need to be a paragraph or a book, but always show some thought and of course respect.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

If you’re going to message a lady and say “gm”, you might as well text a lady and say “sup”.  You’ll get the same response.

Guys, if you’re going to contact a lady, put some coherent thought into it.

Believe me, you’ll get a far better response and more responses when you put some effort into your messages.

The ladies on TOB do appreciate it when you approach them with clear, concise sentences.  It doesn’t need to be a paragraph or a book, but always show some thought and of course respect.

Yes, courteous, coherent communication and above all RESPECT go a long way towards a successful encounter. 😊

5 hours ago, Sexy Francesca said:

And please know random daily texts with two letters like this: gm

Then no response till the next morning it’s quite annoying... just saying 

If you have something you would like to say feel free to text otherwise it comes across as quite bothersome xo

You might be looking at this all wrong.  Maybe he’s got inside info and is sending you a stock tip as in: Buy GM.  Does he ever text you AAPL or MSFT by chance?🤣

On 9/20/2018 at 4:37 PM, AmberLynn720 said:

OP, 

There are PLENTY of ladies on TOB who have LOADS of positive reviews and NONE that are a NO or So--So review. So you are just super picky, or you just aren't looking hard enough ;);)

Lol. Give him some slack. He is new and a bit overwhelmed.

Back in 1970, one of my Army  buddies asked me if Inhad ever heard of Texas Instruments. He worked there and told me about TI.

He also told me to buy stock in TI saying they would be huge. I figured he full of it.

Sadly, I did not listen to him 😩😖

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

Back in 1970, one of my Army  buddies asked me if Inhad ever heard of Texas Instruments. He worked there and told me about TI.

He also told me to buy stock in TI saying they would be huge. I figured he full of it.

Sadly, I did not listen to him 😩😖

About that same time I was playing the stock market with play money.  I followed a bit of TI and thought it stood for "Texas Institute", but did some more research and discovered what it really stood for.  I asked my dad if I could invest real money (I had a couple hundred dollars saved from my summer lifeguard job) and he would not let me invest it, saying it was too risky.  Truly a regret on my part that I listened to him.  Though he offered some other good life advice, he missed the mark on this one.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:20 PM, Kandi Apple said:

When you leave my place you'll have a new pair of big boy pants and whole new pep in your step.

Where do I sign?!

On 11/12/2018 at 11:38 PM, Desperado said:

You might be looking at this all wrong.  Maybe he’s got inside info and is sending you a stock tip as in: Buy GM.  Does he ever text you AAPL or MSFT by chance?🤣

:lol:

5 hours ago, The Wise Old Owl said:

Orca? Sorry, No.

Wow, nice douchebag-type post!