Joanna Jaxxx

Spoiled

16 posts in this topic

It’s evident that we all have been spoiled. Back in the days you’d open a phone book or newspaper and call for a lady you were looking for. No photos or reviews required. Now-a-days there’s a “menu” and reviews with photos. Providers never had to contact other ladies for a reference,which most ladies don’t even respond to.  This hobby shouldn’t be so difficult with a million questions. A menu to me is cheap, I’m not a restaurant. No offense to other ladies who have one. But what happened to having fun and going with the flow safely ? I say we are spoiled with today’s technology. I  understand you want to know how you’re spending your money but it shouldn’t be so drab with uncomfortable questions. Just my opinion. What are your thoughts? Delete if not allowed. Thx xo 

53 minutes ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

It’s evident that we all have been spoiled. Back in the days you’d open a phone book or newspaper and call for a lady you were looking for. No photos or reviews required. Now-a-days there’s a “menu” and reviews with photos. Providers never had to contact other ladies for a reference,which most ladies don’t even respond to.  This hobby shouldn’t be so difficult with a million questions. A menu to me is cheap, I’m not a restaurant. No offense to other ladies who have one. But what happened to having fun and going with the flow safely ? I say we are spoiled with today’s technology. I  understand you want to know how you’re spending your money but it shouldn’t be so drab with uncomfortable questions. Just my opinion. What are your thoughts? Delete if not allowed. Thx xo 

I agree totally with you! I remember my old paper ads in the Oyster just a little ad. Very small and definitely very limited description about me too. No menu because all that was understood and not necessarily needed. 

3 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I agree totally with you! I remember my old paper ads in the Oyster just a little ad. Very small and definitely very limited description about me too. No menu because all that was understood and not necessarily needed. 

I recall vividly the first day that I delivered an article to the Oyster.In those pre internet years ,with no email, we were required to hand in our materials ,instead of mailing them,so that the story would be "fresh." An article on a event at a strip club on Saturday,had to be in by 9am Monday . (example )

I saw the publisher and her staff opening envelops with a dollar inside,to forward mail from a gentleman to a lady. and vice versa . Obviously the ladies received 99% of the mail. Took a few years before their was an ad with a phone number in it. (Have no idea why it took so long to do something so obvious,I was a stringer then ).

Yes , we have come a long way since those days.

PS : I'm grateful for the days that I dropped by the office while ladies were placing their ads. Made it much easier to decide who to contact and who NOT to contact.

6 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

As a hobbyist, I'm very happy I wasn't in the game during those times.  No photos....nope, wouldn't have even started.  Reviews and being able to talk with other hobbyists is great.  The ladies think that men care about everything on the menu but mostly, if they care, they only usually ask about GFE, MSOG, and DATY.  The other things just aren't that important, unless you have a certain fetish or really like Greek.

We did have WISIWIG and immediate gratification in those days - street trade and the occasional stripper.

No photos, not a chance I will see a lady.  I like knowing what is available rather than finding out that my favorite activities are not “on the menu”. Plenty of opportunities for spontaneity still exist.  

5 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

I recall vividly the first day that I delivered an article to the Oyster.In those pre internet years ,with no email, we were required to hand in our materials ,instead of mailing them,so that the story would be "fresh." An article on a event at a strip club on Saturday,had to be in by 9am Monday . (example )

I saw the publisher and her staff opening envelopes with a dollar inside,to forward mail from a gentleman to a lady. and vice versa . Obviously the ladies received 99% of the mail. Took a few years before there was an ad with a phone number in it. (Have no idea why it took so long to do something so obvious, I was a stringer then ).

Yes , we have come a long way since those days.

PS : I'm grateful for the days that I dropped by the office while ladies were placing their ads. Made it much easier to decide who to contact and who NOT to contact.

Just corrected my sleepy early morning typos as another memory popped into my head.   Back in the envelope years,the responses were sent back to post office boxes. Always wondered how often the gentlemen and ladies were checking their po boxes at the same time,without knowing it.

7 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

As a hobbyist, I'm very happy I wasn't in the game during those times.  No photos....nope, wouldn't have even started.  Reviews and being able to talk with other hobbyists is great.  The ladies think that men care about everything on the menu but mostly, if they care, they only usually ask about GFE, MSOG, and DATY.  The other things just aren't that important, unless you have a certain fetish or really like Greek.

Unfortunately  though the term GFE has been blurred to the point of almost being meaningless.  Some providers claim GFE and then go into a long litany of NOs.  When done you are left with a 3G experience.  I don't approach a date with a checklist but I do have a preference for a relaxed sensual Date.  Like with a RW Girlfriend/Lover.  No I am not talking about BBFS but if the Provider claiming GFE and then only allows CBJ and some CFS how is that GFE?  So yes we ask questions trying to determine if the date style will meet our desires.  As far as pictures, Guys are visually stimulated.  Guilty as charged.

Edited by BeenHereDoingThis

1 hour ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Some providers claim GFE and then go into a long litany of NOs.  

Sounds like the WiFe Experience...

1 hour ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

No I am not talking about BBFS but if the Provider claiming GFE and then only allows CBJ and some CFS how is that GFE?  So yes we ask questions trying to determine if the date style will meet our desires.  As far as pictures, Guys are visually stimulated.  Guilty as charged.

I don't mind if a gal is safe for everything, even CBJ, but if she isn't a good kisser, and doesn't allow DATY, then it's not GFE.  If she does, then it's like a girlfriend.

13 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Modern technology is certainly an advantage can remember when the brief description in an ad was all you had to work with sometimes things were exactly what you were looking for sometimes they weren't but still was always an experience that you could remember and learn from. In reality with all of the modern technology it isn't much different than it used to be the object is still to have fun and enjoy the person you happen to be with

Sophia, I totally agree with you.

But that was then and this is now.

With you on the menu it must be a buffet.

I have not been in the biz as long as our dear friend M.S. who is now retired. However, in 14 years I have seen quite a few changes. D from the Oyster used to call me “the shy one” funny thing is I don’t believe I am that shy? 😂😂 Those were great days and yes I was under the raider for the most part too. 

I agree that we are spoiled.

I used to call from the Oyster ad, on a pay phone. Schedule a time, and get a 2nd pay phone location, where I had to call from, again. Once at the 2nd pay phone, I'd usually get the address, and a time to arrive (10 minutes, 5 minutes, etc.). Cell phones didn't exist.

I had no idea what she looked like, or what the menu was. 

Still had fun 90% of the time!

I do love being spoiled now, though! :D

20 hours ago, SophiaDeLaRue said:

I want pumpkin pie and a side of ice cream. :D 

8 hours ago, IMNobody said:

Sounds like the WiFe Experience...

Oh yes, the WiFE experience. Too funny ,this cracked me up.  I needed a good chuckle and you came through.                                        I also don't like the menu options.  It just cheapens the whole experience. Most ladies in this business go well beyond the wife experience ,er, vanilla type event.             In a true GFE event, many things can happen within the event.                             And with advertising being so limited these days as to how much info can be listed makes it hard for both parties involved to convey what they will do /and/expect in services. We are not spoiled anymore. You gentlemen really do have to make us comfortable in the knowledge that they are not LE before any services can be discussed.🍀

Edited by Jez UaBriain

2 minutes ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Oh yes, the WiFE experience. Too funny ,this cracked me up.  I needed a good chuckle and you came through.                                        I also don't like the menu options.  It just cheapens the whole experience. Most ladies in this business go well beyond the wife experience ,er, vanilla type event.             In a true GFE event, many things can happen within the event.                             And with advertising being so limited these days as to how much info can be listed makes it hard for both parties involved to convey what they will do /and/expect in services. We are not spoiled anymore. You gentlemen really do have to make us comfortable in the knowledge that they are not LE before any services can be discussed.🍀

This posting was done on my sucky little 'droid phone. Which makes things like paragraph breaks, and other such edits next to impossible. So read between the lines and ignore the structure of this. I do know they are there.