easytimes81006

Musings of an old man

30 posts in this topic

OK, I have received good advice here and taken it to heart. I have reached out to a number of providers, following their instructions for contact (website, email, text, phone, etc), always providing plenty of time so that screening can be done and schedules arranged. Most recently I have been arranging a trip to Denver for two nights, to take place next week, with a schedule that allows plenty of free time. Every attempt at contact was done with courtesy and respect, no demands or rudeness of any kind.

Results?

1. Phone calls: 11 attempts, zero call backs.

2. Texts: 14 attempts, two responses (both coming more than 5 hours after initial message, neither one was interested in future appointments, only immediate response).

3. Website contacts: 4 attempts, no responses to 3 within 3 days, one automated response directing me to reply via email, with no response to that email.

4. Email and personal messaging: 12 attempts, 3 responses (one requesting a deposit via on-line payment service to secure an appointment, two indicating no interest because I wasn't ready to appear within an hour).

I was in business for 42 years and retired quite successfully because every customer inquiry was handled promptly and courteously. Now I'm retired, plenty of time on my hands, and plenty of cash to make things happen.

Wondering just what a nice old retired guy with a pocketful of cash has to do to entice an attractive lady to schedule an hour of her time for my enjoyment.

I suppose I'll just enjoy a good book or two.

Just out of curiosity, when you make contact via website, do you include all the required information, references etc? 

Curious also, are they established and well reviewed ladies?

Getting laid sometimes is not always easy...for the guys or the girls. There are a lot of girls waiting around for their matches too. I hope you have some better luck in the future.💙

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Getting laid sometimes is not always easy...for the guys or the girls. There are a lot of girls waiting around for their matches too. I hope you have some better luck in the future.💙

Getting laid is always relatively hard...no pun intended. Hence guys hobby, where it becomes easier, but somewhat expensive. I think OP's frustration is the realization that nowadays, getting laid via hobby is often expensive AND hard.

2 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Getting laid is always relatively hard...no pun intended. Hence guys hobby, where it becomes easier, but somewhat expensive. I think OP's frustration is the realization that nowadays, getting laid via hobby is often expensive AND hard.

I know what the OP was saying.  I aknowledged it's hard. That's why I wished him better luck in the future, and I meant it. He seems to be doing everything right. That's just how it goes sometimes. I also added it's equally as hard these days for alot of providers.  It's too bad these providers and these gentlemen who seem to be doing everything right aren't able to connect.  ???

5 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I know what the OP was saying.  I aknowledged it's hard. That's why I wished him better luck in the future, and I meant it. He seems to be doing everything right. That's just how it goes sometimes. I also added it's equally as hard these days for alot of providers.  It's too bad these providers and these gentlemen who seem to be doing everything right aren't able to connect.  ???

Change is hard for everyone for sure. These challenges are just the way it goes now. I sometimes run into similar situations and only hobby a fraction as much as I used to\want too. If it's too much hassle and inconvenience, I lose interest. Being part of the new normal, it tends not to frustrate me, and I just figure in cases where I lose interest it's for the best for both me and for the provider. Like you said....it's just harder now for folks to connect. The upside is that it will likely thin both the provider and client herds in the long run.

3 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

....Wondering just what a nice old retired guy with a pocketful of cash has to do to entice an attractive lady to schedule an hour of her time for my enjoyment.

easytimes, Your story sounds a lot like my first two months on tob.  Until you get some references it can be hard to meet anyone and you can’t get references without meeting someone.  But hang in there my friend, patience and persistence will pay off.  Search for a reputable, “newbie friendly” lady and see where it goes. There are some great ones here. Most importantly, be a gentleman and use complete, intelligent sentences when you communicate with her. Good luck.

11 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It makes me appreciate you guys that much more when we do make a connection, and have a good time. I understand everything you go through just to get to our doors.  You definitely deserve to be treated like a kings. 💋

It can be harder to make a connection these days, but when  you do, it can be pretty amazing and it makes the effort soooo worthwhile.

and a good king always appreciates his beautiful queen.

That blows - sorry you experienced that - but as others have said the tides just ebb and flow - not matter how hard you try to make it different...

But.  Good news for you is the massage parlors in denver are abundant and if you do your homework you can no doubt find one that will rub you the right way:)

Awww geez, again?  First you come on here with first post acting like newbie but wanting people to give you information on "under the radar" ladies even though no one knows anything about you.  Then when you are given good constructive info on how to identify and contact well known ladies you proceed to say you have seen many in Pueblo previously that were all not good and claim none in Springs will get back to you or make an appointment blah, blah  Basically insulted every regular south of Monument.  And then claim a helpful (imho naive) dude supposedly gives you a bunch of leads you wanted.  Now you come on with a litany of how you are just sweet old guy following all the ladies' screening requests and nothing.  If every lady in the south half of state (many who do extremely light screening imho) is reluctant to see you, the odds are high it is you not them!  But continuing with the woe is me, I am just new to all this, somebody help me schtick gets quite tiring given the prior posts.  Search the listings for "newbie friendly", contact one politely with no bs, don't act shady, give her the info she asks for and move on.  Or if you want NO screening then do a search on lesser and less reputable boards and roll the dice and work your way up.  Not rocket surgery.

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Awww geez, again?  First you come on here with first post acting like newbie but wanting people to give you information on "under the radar" ladies even though no one knows anything about you.  Then when you are given good constructive info on how to identify and contact well known ladies you proceed to say you have seen many in Pueblo previously that were all not good and claim none in Springs will get back to you or make an appointment blah, blah  Basically insulted every regular south of Monument.  And then claim a helpful (imho naive) dude supposedly gives you a bunch of leads you wanted.  Now you come on with a litany of how you are just sweet old guy following all the ladies' screening requests and nothing.  If every lady in the south half of state (many who do extremely light screening imho) is reluctant to see you, the odds are high it is you not them!  But continuing with the woe is me, I am just new to all this, somebody help me schtick gets quite tiring given the prior posts.  Search the listings for "newbie friendly", contact one politely with no bs, don't act shady, give her the info she asks for and move on.  Or if you want NO screening then do a search on lesser and less reputable boards and roll the dice and work your way up.  Not rocket surgery.

Or find the local stroll. Oops, they screen too 😕

16 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Just out of curiosity, when you make contact via website, do you include all the required information, references etc? 

16 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

Absolutely.

See, no wonder I'm skeptical about giving out my personal information.  10 maybe 15 girls have you info and they don't reply.

I have to with  "Don't call unless  you're ready within an hour" ladies

13 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

See, no wonder I'm skeptical about giving out my personal information.  10 maybe 15 girls have you info and they don't reply.

I have to with  "Don't call unless  you're ready within an hour" ladies

By info, do you mean a hobby name, hobby contact number, hobby email, and references that say you are a gentleman who will be respectful during your session??? Wow, yes I can see why you wouldn't want to give up this very personal information that's says absolutely nothing about who you are. Geez. Dude, you are so negative. Seriously gotta love the members who hate how this hobby works, even though it really is set up for you to be successful the majority of the time. We all have inconveniences, and deal with bs. Entitled much???  

Seems to be a Catch22 here.    Ladies complain about lack of business, clients complain that who they contact don't return calls. Endless threads about both.  Also a lots of NCNS on both sides.  To quote a favorite line in a classic 1960's movie : "What we have here is a failure to communicate !! "    After reading about lack of returned calls,messages and emails.... ladies,simply respond with "Sorry,but you do not pass my screening."   Much better than silence.

37 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Seems to be a Catch22 here.    Ladies complain about lack of business, clients complain that who they contact don't return calls. Endless threads about both.  Also a lots of NCNS on both sides.  To quote a favorite line in a classic 1960's movie : "What we have here is a failure to communicate !! "    After reading about lack of returned calls,messages and emails.... ladies,simply respond with "Sorry,but you do not pass my screening."   Much better than silence.

I think lots of that lack of communication is hedging. A lady who tells a guy he did not pass screening might experience negativity from him. Additionally, it is unlikely he will ever try her again, even if he later obtains whatever screening info he lacked. I think guys who NCNS often are hedging too. They decide to see someone else but they don't want to get branded a time waster so will dodge screening, use fake info, or invent an excuse. It is unfortunate, inconsiderate, and would not work for me, but I can understand the logic behind it by both providers and clients.

22 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

OK, I have received good advice here and taken it to heart. I have reached out to a number of providers, following their instructions for contact (website, email, text, phone, etc), always providing plenty of time so that screening can be done and schedules arranged. Most recently I have been arranging a trip to Denver for two nights, to take place next week, with a schedule that allows plenty of free time. Every attempt at contact was done with courtesy and respect, no demands or rudeness of any kind.

Results?

2. Texts: 14 attempts, two responses (both coming more than 5 hours after initial message, neither one was interested in future appointments, only immediate response).

3. Website contacts: 4 attempts, no responses to 3 within 3 days, one automated response directing me to reply via email, with no response to that email.

4. Email and personal messaging: 12 attempts, 3 responses (one requesting a deposit via on-line payment service to secure an appointment, two indicating no interest because I wasn't ready to appear within an hour).

I was in business for 42 years and retired quite successfully because every customer inquiry was handled promptly and courteously. Now I'm retired, plenty of time on my hands, and plenty of cash to make things happen.

Wondering just what a nice old retired guy with a pocketful of cash has to do to entice an attractive lady to schedule an hour of her time for my enjoyment.

Are you including Links and Contact info to Your references in the initial contact?

Or are you  just sending a Summary of yourself , such as description, Mentioning You are retired and wanting to meet at a hotel you will we visiting ??  

I have received many inquiries That do not have actual provider reference, how ever feel that sending me a long email as mentioned suffices as screening. I like many others require active references , and will not book. 

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

By info, do you mean a hobby name, hobby contact number, hobby email, and references that say you are a gentleman who will be respectful during your session??? Wow, yes I can see why you wouldn't want to give up this very personal information that's says absolutely nothing about who you are. Geez. Dude, you are so negative. Seriously gotta love the members who hate how this hobby works, even though it really is set up for you to be successful the majority of the time. We all have inconveniences, and deal with bs. Entitled much???  

Dang lady let it all out don't hold nothing back. I never said I felt entitled some women want all that information for their screening process some women think all that is wasting their time so who wants to be the judge on which one is better?

My $0.02, pretty much what others have said.

Too far out a date, and unknown quantity, ladies might go silent due to good chance of client being a no show, as they might be trawling many women and will whittle the list down or two.

If the lady is a day of type provider, best to contact back, apologize, and say will try to contact when in town.

What has worked for me in these type of situations is setup something day or two before: you know what your schedule is, when free, and comes off as being a bit more serious about meeting.

That all said, still might run into a fair share of no responses. Someone will most likely respond, just need to relax a bit. Worst comes to worse, enjoy other activities while visiting. Personally, wouldn't plan a trip just for extra curricular activities.

Besides I had one maybe two ladies from right here on the board that wanted a copy of my driver's license a business card and a picture of me I told her yeah right

Icing on the cake. This morning I saw an ad posted just after 6:00AM offering 'early bird specials' by a lady who is active on TOB. Stated method of contact was a phone call. Called at about 7:10AM, left a voice mail. Got a text back at 11:45AM wanting to know if I still wanted to meet.

Time wasting? Yeah, I'm wasting my own time.

Special thanks to gr8owl for being such a kind and caring guy!

1 hour ago, easytimes81006 said:

Icing on the cake. This morning I saw an ad posted just after 6:00AM offering 'early bird specials' by a lady who is active on TOB. Stated method of contact was a phone call. Called at about 7:10AM, left a voice mail. Got a text back at 11:45AM wanting to know if I still wanted to meet.

Time wasting? Yeah, I'm wasting my own time.

Special thanks to gr8owl for being such a kind and caring guy!

So tell me.  Which is more kind?  Telling you "oh, you poor thing, yeah its hard at first, just keep trying, .... etc." (when you say you have seen many before) or my telling you point blank what I honestly think may be creating problems for you.  And again suggesting another way.

As to calling someone you presumably have not met and that does not know you at 7 a.m. and getting a reply before noon is pretty good.  So if you are complaining about that you do realize most ladies do not have an answering service and maybe, just maybe someone else was interested in her ad and beat you to it? When she did get back to you, what did you say? Bad answer: "too damn late now!" good answers "yes, absolutely" or " Thank you for getting back to me.  I really want to meet you but unfortunately it has to be early morning for me.  How about tomorrow at 7:00?"

But in order to be kind - "No!! 4 hours to get back to you!! You poor thing!! What was she thinking??"  Is that better?

4 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

Besides I had one maybe two ladies from right here on the board that wanted a copy of my driver's license a business card and a picture of me I told her yeah right

Well if they were right here on the board, and reviewed and trusted dates. Why would you have a problem sending them a pic. She is going to see what you look like, when you show up anyway. As for the driver's license, she's probably just confirming your pic matches your license. That your an actual real guy. She may not care or need to see your last name or address. 

It's honestly not that hard to get a date, if you act like a nice, and respectful guy. ( im not implying your not ) but, it seems like your some how making this way harder. Than it really needs to be. That's something your doing to yourself, not your prospective dates.

8 hours ago, Admiral C said:

I think lots of that lack of communication is hedging. A lady who tells a guy he did not pass screening might experience negativity from him. Additionally, it is unlikely he will ever try her again, even if he later obtains whatever screening info he lacked.

If he is horny enough and likes her listing enough....he will reply to pass her screening ,because his little head's resistance is futile.

OMG!  Such drama.  Flake factors can seem very high at times with some providers and Im sure the same can be said of potential customers.  Taking it to the discussion board is probably a step too far, IMHO.  Get to town, get online and endeavor to persevere til you strike gold. 

44 minutes ago, Fritzie said:

OMG!  Such drama.  Flake factors can seem very high at times with some providers and Im sure the same can be said of potential customers.  Taking it to the discussion board is probably a step too far, IMHO.  Get to town, get online and endeavor to persevere til you strike gold. 

Two of the most posted subjects on this board have to be stolen/fake photos and the flake factor of customers and providers.

On 9/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, easytimes81006 said:

Results?

Sorry this is the case but don't give up. Some ladies could be out of town traveling who would love to meet you. Patience can lead to great things. Good Luck! 

On 9/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, easytimes81006 said:

Results?

I want to give you an alternative suggestion to the assortment of "hang in there's, sometimes it be that ways, and good lucks". If you try to arrange playtime but still come up empty, DO NOT just make some rash, last minute, Hail Mary choice. Don't get upset, frustrated, or post too much about it ( not that the posts bother me by the way). Instead, if you get shut out, I suggest you do this: Take however much you planned to donate and spend it on yourself in whatever favorite things you like, other than a woman. Sports tickets, great dinner at a favorite place, fishing \hunting store if into that, whatever you like. You mentioned books,...well you can buy a hell of a lot of books for an hour or two donation rate. Think of it as free money, so spend it like water. I have found doing that makes getting closed out not a bad thing at all.