TheFinerThings

Question about Prescreening

10 posts in this topic

My schedule is often busy and unpredictable so whenever I can I like to get prescreened with one of the fine ladies on tob so that when I have a free hour or two, I'm not starting from ground zero. I've had a range of responses, mostly positive, some downright rude.  My first contact is always a polite and well thought out introduction, offering to send references and asking what her requirements are. If she has a website, I have read it...not just looked at the pictures. 

I reached out to someone this morning to ask about prescreening.  I let her know up front that I was not able to meet today.  We had a very nice exchange of messages. I sent her the required information and within a couple of hours, received a very nice message saying that she was looking forward to meeting me.  I am very much looking forward to meeting her as well.  I even got a message from one of my references saying she had been contacted about me...(I love the way this works when you're dealing with reputable people.)  

On the flip side, I've also gotten called a time waster and other colorful names, or better yet, get ghosted...nothing but crickets...when I ask about screening, but do not want to schedule "right now".  Personally, it throws up a huge red flag when someone wants to skip past the screening and just have me come on over.  I may be relatively new here, but I've learned that's usually not a good idea and it speaks volumes about the provider.  If she is that unconcerned about who she invites over, it's probably best not to be one of them.   

Now I understand that most of the ladies are bombarded with messages all day long, many of which don't amount to anything.  I'm not talking about sending endless messages.

So my question is, do I need to change my approach, refine it a little or keep doing what I'm doing?  I'm happy with my overall results, but always open to improving.  Thoughts and constructive criticism are welcome.

Your not doing anything wrong, some ladies want you to pre book and some would rather see you right now, if they don’t want to work with you then maybe their not for you.

Tells you a lot about those you've considered seeing doesn't it?

The only thing I could possibly consider would be giving an estimated time frame.  Like, "i'd expect to have free time sometime in the next two weeks and would love to see you if something opens up for me..."

Just now, FuriousWeasel said:

Tells you a lot about those you've considered seeing doesn't it?

The only thing I could possibly consider would be giving an estimated time frame.  Like, "i'd expect to have free time sometime in the next two weeks and would love to see you if something opens up for me..."

Yep, I usually try to do that. I won't contact someone if I don't think it can happen with the next week or so.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

It speaks nothing about the provider.  I've been screened many times and I'm completely happy to supply references but there has been zero difference in a date between a provider that screens and one that does not.  A well reviewed provider is still a good bet, whether they screen or not.

Fair enough, sir.  Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.  I guess that was more directed at someone I spoke with the other day, with limited reviews and almost no history that got all pissy when I didn't want to book immediately.  I too have had great meetings with a couple of well reviewed providers that did very little screening. Point taken. 

I have been doing the same thing, since i will only be there for a short window of time, i have been met with all positive responses, and I have actually connected with two ladies that I now communicate with at least once or twice a week. I will admit I was not expecting that but am very glad it happened. I enjoy speaking with them and cannot wait to get into Denver to meet with them. So i would agree you are not doing anything wrong by doing this. But I am a newbie and may be wrong ad well

It has been stated repeatedly in these forums that each Lady is an individual with their own rules and procedures.  There have been a large number of Ladies that ask you to do just what you are doing, polite introduction and inquiring about their screening desires.  But there are a large number that only respond to the "U Avail?" approach.  They seem to be as offended by a polite introduction as the Polite Introduction crowd get with the U Avail approach.  Just goes to show you that the only hard and fast rule is that there are no hard and fast rules.....  For me I will stick with the Polite Introduction method as that is also part of my screening of a YL.  If she cant/won't reply to a couple of polite messages then she is probably not someone I want to spend my time with.  

1 minute ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

... the only hard and fast rule is that there are no hard and fast rules.....  For me I will stick with the Polite Introduction method as that is also part of my screening of a YL.  If she cant/won't reply to a couple of polite messages then she is probably not someone I want to spend my time with.  

couldn't agree more, sir.

It's really just a matter of personal preference. I love prescreening because it helps both of us get the formalities out of the the way for a future visit. It's just my preference. There are many times I can get screening done, and a last minute appts set rather quickly, but sometimes that's not the case. I have more provider friends who prefer same day screening and appts than those that prefer prescreening and prebooking. It's best to go with flow when you can, and be excited and grateful when things go the way you prefer. This is an adventurous hobby. You have to go with the flow sometimes. There are great ladies here whose preferences are all over the board.  😁

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

For situations like yours, pre-screening is great. It allows all of the boring stuff to get out of the way for when you’re ready for the fun stuff.

That being said.... I can’t tell you how many requests I have had for pre-screening I have had from travelers, or guys that “ don’t have the time right now”, who continuously put up other reviews. That does make it feel like I took time out to pre-screen for nothing. It’s all good though. If you have genuine intentions, continue to do it. ;-)