goodguy69

Another etiquette question for the ladies

43 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Barbi said:

I believe when first making contact the use of pet names such as you have said is not appropriate as it is taken as disrespectful...However once you have established with a re pore with a person then they are taken as a term of endearment instead of being an insult because the level of respect has been established and that creates an entirely different situation when they are used...Hope that helps you to realize the difference I believe that most people consider their use....

I agree. It's hard to refer to someone you've never met as sweetheart. After all, this person may not be sweet at all. There's usually some sort of genuine connection made before terms of endearment start rolling from my tongue. I have to be feeling him. 💙

22 hours ago, Barbi said:

I believe when first making contact the use of pet names such as you have said is not appropriate as it is taken as disrespectful...However once you have established with a re pore with a person then they are taken as a term of endearment instead of being an insult because the level of respect has been established and that creates an entirely different situation when they are used...Hope that helps you to realize the difference I believe that most people consider their use....

Well said! 

Have always thought pet names are often intended to be endearing but really just paint the male chauvinistic portrait and really makes one sound like they objectify women.  No room for that in any dating community. 

My guess is a lot of guys that are engaged in dating here want that type of person n their life so they go straight there out of the gates cramming a little history that hasn't yet happened into an hour or so.

As is the case with most things 'dating' - give it time and let the pet names introduce themselves when they are ready:)

If you dont know me, dont use a pet name

if your a female DO NOT ever use a pet name

if we have met,  youll know how i feel 

if we are in the heat of passion ....anything goes 

If you call me boo we will never meet. 

If your late for dinner , well thats ok im probably not  ready anyway. So as long as you call im good. 

Thats all i have to say about that🐸

It depends on the situation .What I find  mildly disrespectful is when the  18 -20 something wants to call me a some innocuous term of endearment without  knowing me. But I do realize this is a situation based interaction.                                        But as  a middle- aged  person, with the life  experiences that come with people in my age group such terms are of familiarity are generally for use by people who know me well.

Edited by Jez UaBriain
Word placemant

I called a well known provider on here Sweetheart and she cancelled our appointment...says I was being disrespectful....She did me a favor.

I cannot stand it when clients use pet names. Especially if I have never met them. I get very concerned when my regulars call me those names as well. I would hate for someone to trip into some one sided feelings (Pretty Woman instances are rare).

I prefer, "Good Morning Dani, My name is X, I have read through your website and submitted a screening form, I look forward to hearing from you soon." 

7 minutes ago, Dani Panti said:

I cannot stand it when clients use pet names. Especially if I have never met them. I get very concerned when my regulars call me those names as well. I would hate for someone to trip into some one sided feelings (Pretty Woman instances are rare).

I prefer, "Good Morning Dani, My name is X, I have read through your website and submitted a screening form, I look forward to hearing from you soon." 

I love this! For me, personally, I prefer to keep things businesslike, except for the actual appt. While this is a personal, intimate, service, it is a business for the ladies! 

28 minutes ago, Dani Panti said:

That's the way I've been approaching providers, and it seems to be working well for me. Glad to hear I'm on the right track. :)

42 minutes ago, Dani Panti said:

Sure glad I’ve never messed this one up! Can I still say you’re beautiful?

7 hours ago, LightningP said:

Sure glad I’ve never messed this one up! Can I still say you’re beautiful?

Yes of course! That is more of a compliment than a pet name! 

I would like to thank all of the beautiful ladies and distinguished gentlemen here for thier input, information well taken, and as the only thing I call a lady before we meet is by her name or beautiful, all seems to be turning out well for this newbie, so thank you all. Can't wait to get to town and meet new people. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.👍😁

On 9/14/2018 at 3:16 PM, new2hobbying said:

Goodguy Sorry it just caught me funny with the "manors"  because who really wants the up keep on the bad "manors"   and the new coinage of "distespectful"  is that a combination of distasteful and disrespect.  Not trying to be the spelling police and it just made me laugh.   Your phone must be like mine it causes me to spell incorrectly all the time.  LOL

Hahahahahahaha!  I actually wait for ........LOL'd

Ok from now on it's going to go like this.

Hi, Love to see you.

How about that.

Lol. Nope it wont fly.