goodguy69

Another etiquette question for the ladies

43 posts in this topic

Good morning ladies, i just had a question after reading some reviews and rebuttals and just want to get your thoughts on the guys using pet names or nicknames (ie honey, sweetie, doll, beautiful etc.) when communicating with you.

Any thoughts, as i do not believe any of us want to intentionally disrespect or offend anyone during any forms of communications if you do not like this type of thing.

Thank you for your time.

I hate it when prividers use those names with me... since I always introduce myself by name. But I fear it's a lost cause. I wonder what the ladies think?

I'm guilty of calling most everyone (not just clients) dollface.. oops.. its a term of endearment in my eyes.. never would I want to offend someone. I do call my guys by their name too - don't get me wrong... but I do have a bad habit of saying dollface 💜❤. I don't mind at all being called any type of name that's an affectionate term. sometimes in certain situations I even like to be called the bad names...lmao   have a great day ! 

Edited by oneAndOnlyJenna
added an extra sentence

In the adult industry, I call everyone by their stage name,although I know many birth names....just like giving respect by using their alias. Now, back in my youth,when I was a waiter..I would  call all the male customers whose name I forgot. "Boss "...but somehow I never did forget their ladies name.

5 hours ago, goodguy69 said:

Good morning ladies, i just had a question after reading some reviews and rebuttals and just want to get your thoughts on the guys using pet names or nicknames (ie honey, sweetie, doll, beautiful etc.) when communicating with you.

Any thoughts, as i do not believe any of us want to intentionally disrespect or offend anyone during any forms of communications if you do not like this type of thing.

Thank you for your time.

I’m born and raised Texan and that’s just how I’m wired to talk. Sorry if it comes across as offensive, but that’s just ME.  

36 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I’m born and raised Texan and that’s just how I’m wired to talk. Sorry if it comes across as offensive, but that’s just ME.  

I am from Oklahoma and i always use terms of endearment instead of names, I am not offended by terms of endearment,  you can call me anything you want, except late for dinner, haha. I just wanted the ladies perspective on this, as I would not want to offend or disrespect any of them if they do not appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, goodguy69 said:

you can call me anything you want, except late for dinner, haha. 

Don't ever be late to steak night! Your not gonna like what I have to say 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

Don't ever be late to steak night! Your not gonna like what I have to say 😂😂😂

Would never keep a lady waiting, especially not a redhead, (learned that mistake the hardway, and only took me once), haha.

7 hours ago, oneAndOnlyJenna said:

I'm guilty of calling most everyone (not just clients) dollface.. oops.. its a term of endearment in my eyes.. never would I want to offend someone. I do call my guys by their name too - don't get me wrong... but I do have a bad habit of saying dollface 💜❤. I don't mind at all being called any type of name that's an affectionate term. sometimes in certain situations I even like to be called the bad names...lmao   have a great day ! 

I look forward to the day when you call me dollface. :wub:

"hey baby U avail". Is always offensive.

Otherwise, cute names are fine.  Try out beautiful, lovely, gorgeous.....

Thank you,

My usual greating goes as follows,

Hello beautiful,

My name is XXXXXXX, I would love to make your acquaintance,  I was checking to see if you had any time available in your day that we could set up to get together.

Enough / not enough info for first contact?

As said earlier I am from OKC, was raised to treat ladies with respect no matter what the situation may be. Always open and hold doors for ladies, guess I may be a little old fashioned, but chivalry is not completley gone from this world. Sorry for the rambling, still new and learning. Thank everyone for your input.

I often call a young lady “Beautiful” when first getting to know her.  I’ve been called baby, bae, boo, daddy, papi and love when young ladies use terms of endearment.   

12 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Exactly! 

I'm a southerner too, and I use all the usual terms of endearment. That's just how I am, and I try to be myself. If anyone gets offended by me being me, it's best to move on, and find someone else more compatible.  #SugarBritches 💋

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

Unless I use her first name I use Mam to address most females in just about any situation. I was taught that this was a term of respect. Her age  doesn't matter either. 

I would agree with you on this as well, I do use Mam and Sir alot. Had old school grandparents that I believe taught me good manors and respect for all human beings, however I  do prefer to call ladies beautiful(my way of giving a compliment, no trying to be distespectful).

I will always address a lady by name until we have met face to face. Once there is some familiarity, I’ll go with terms of endearment. Follow up correspondence is likely to begin with “good morning, beautiful”, etc.

17 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Hmm...ok..got it..ahem...(clearing throat )....attempting deep voice.... "hey gorgeous, U avail ? "   ;)

3 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I'm a southerner too, and I use all the usual terms of endearment. That's just how I am, and I try to be myself. If anyone gets offended by me being me, it's best to move on, and find someone else more compatible.  #SugarBritches 💋

Well hunter then "bless your heart" darlin LOL 

3 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Sigh...  "sugar britches".  We haven't even met yet, but you're already on the way to being my ATF. I must do something about this... :P

1 hour ago, goodguy69 said:

I would agree with you on this as well, I do use Mam and Sir alot. Had old school grandparents that I believe taught me good manors and respect for all human beings, however I  do prefer to call ladies beautiful(my way of giving a compliment, no trying to be distespectful).

Goodguy Sorry it just caught me funny with the "manors"  because who really wants the up keep on the bad "manors"   and the new coinage of "distespectful"  is that a combination of distasteful and disrespect.  Not trying to be the spelling police and it just made me laugh.   Your phone must be like mine it causes me to spell incorrectly all the time.  LOL

1 hour ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Unless I use her first name I use Mam to address most females in just about any situation. I was taught that this was a term of respect. Her age  doesn't matter either. 

I've always wondered if gentlemen get upset when I respond with yes sir or no sir. My girls are are probably used to hearing yes ma'am and no ma'am. That's how I was raised too. 

7 minutes ago, new2hobbying said:

Yes, bless my lil ol heart. 😂

1 minute ago, new2hobbying said:

Goodguy Sorry it just caught me funny with the "manors"  because who really wants the up keep on the bad "manors"   and the new coinage of "distespectful"  is that a combination of distasteful and disrespect.  Not trying to be the spelling police and it just made me laugh.   Your phone must be like mine it causes me to spell incorrectly all the time.  LOL

You are correct sir, between fat thumbs and small keyboard my spelling on this phone really sucks at times.

1 minute ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Yes, bless my lil ol heart. 😂

From your posts and reviews I would say your heart is far from "lil". Sugar britches😋

11 minutes ago, new2hobbying said:

It's yer, not your. 😋

For me it is more about the tone of voice and sarcasm (if that is how I am being addressed)? LOl like the proverbial,  "Don't call me late to dinner".  I understand human nature and I appreciate words of endearment when used out of sweetness! Anything that is stated out of love and appreciated is beautiful. 

I try to use names, but sometimes use "Sweetie".  Depends on the situation.  Sometimes some other monikers slip out of my mouth....something like "Oh darlin', that feels fantastic !!"  ;)

I believe when first making contact the use of pet names such as you have said is not appropriate as it is taken as disrespectful...However once you have established with a re pore with a person then they are taken as a term of endearment instead of being an insult because the level of respect has been established and that creates an entirely different situation when they are used...Hope that helps you to realize the difference I believe that most people consider their use....