ReadySetGoForIt

Dress Code for Men

24 posts in this topic

A question for the ladies:  Does the way a man is dressed when you first invite them in influence the experience at bit?

Suit and tie?  Slacks and button down?  Jeans with nice tucked shirt?  Jeans and T-Shirt?  Gym shorts and sleeveless shirt?  Large belt buckle with horse on it?

Is your first thought "This is going to be a long 30 minutes" or "Who cares what time it is - I lost my clock" or virtually no affect at all?

This is all about first impressions.  I understand many things later may affect the experience (too much bathroom Polo).

And I assume there are some basics (I hope) already met:  Recently showered, clean clothes, "minty fresh breath" (I read that somewhere), etc - you get the idea.

Do you give a crap about the Bugatchi shirt or the Hanes V-neck?

Note:  I read an old thread on this but it was almost all guys answering and I don't care what you think ;)  Unless you're gay.

Edited by ReadySetGoForIt
grammer error

I always try to dress up a little bit.  Like it’s a first date (which it is).

2 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

Honesty I always love when a man is nicely groomed and smells good.

Be comfortable in what you want to wear especially If it is your day off work. 

I dont mind what your wearing because it is not going to be on for long.

Hopefully it is a ease to remove. Buttons tend to fly off when I have difficulty....

I love every line of this answer... :P

So arriving at an appointment directly after working in the sewer is out ??

3 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

So arriving at an appointment directly after working in the sewer is out ??

🤢 geeezus. . Please no😂

6 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

🤢 geeezus. . Please no😂

Even if we wash our hands first???  With the good soap???  Picky Picky.....

1 hour ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Even if we wash our hands first???  With the good soap???  Picky Picky.....

My soap smells like cologne.... still insufficient 

8 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

🤢 geeezus. . Please no😂

You're just keeping the working man down... :lol::D;)

Sorry Norton, you're out of luck, of course you still have Trixie!

hIz1a4j.jpg

And I always thought that Trixie was pretty hot - much too good for Ed.  That's women for you.

IzKyjAr.jpg

On 9/12/2018 at 7:31 PM, Kandi Apple said:

Honesty I always love when a man is nicely groomed and smells good.

Be comfortable in what you want to wear especially If it is your day off work. 

I dont mind what your wearing because it is not going to be on for long.

Hopefully it is a ease to remove. Buttons tend to fly off when I have difficulty....

OK - It's only a day but I think this is as constructive feedback as I'm gonna get on this.  I know what I'm wearing tomorrow.  Thanks, Kandi!

One of my favorite providers describes my stamdard. mode of attire (with a smile on her face) as "easy access". Tshirt....untied atheletic shorts or running pants...commando....unlaced  running shoes or flip flops. My favorite attire for her is similar in function: short silk robe, nothing else. 

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Keep it simple with a fig leaf. 

I can just imagine the looks a guy will get walking through a hotel lobby with only a fig leaf on 😂😂

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

I can just imagine the looks a guy will get walking through a hotel lobby with only a fig leaf on 😂😂

depends on the hotel. 

I think is a good question for the ladies , but I hope they don't mind shorts and sandals between April and October. Probably long pants the rest of the year.

7 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

I think is a good question for the ladies , but I hope they don't mind shorts and sandals between April and October. Probably long pants the rest of the year.

That is defiantly Denver/CO normal dress! 😉

The Fig leaf look might be difficult if there’s a sudden breeze!😉😂🤣

On 9/12/2018 at 6:19 PM, ReadySetGoForIt said:

A question for the ladies:  Does the way a man is dressed when you first invite them in influence the experience at bit?

Dress of a man during a visit doesn't bother me at all. Cleanliness yes, is a no brainer. But clothing, is irrelevant to me. 

I've had friends come directly from construction sites in dirty clothes. In the shower they go and into the skin outfit which is clean lol

Edited by Nina Rox

And for the love of Pete, PLEASE pull your damn pants up. The baggy low hanging pants are a huge turn off. Just say NO to crack!

8 hours ago, CandiO said:

And for the love of Pete, PLEASE pull your damn pants up. The baggy low hanging pants are a huge turn off. Just say NO to crack!

😆

Just be clean because you're outfit is coming off anyway ;) Or may I tempt you with a hot shower? 

For the client it can always be tough to change from what normal daily wear is.  Sneaking away from work for a couple hours, it's not always possible to change.  Getting out on a weekend to go to "Cabelas/Bass Pro for their fall fishing seminar" isn't a great excuse when wearing a nice suit.

2 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

For the client it can always be tough to change from what normal daily wear is.  Sneaking away from work for a couple hours, it's not always possible to change.  Getting out on a weekend to go to "Cabelas/Bass Pro for their fall fishing seminar" isn't a great excuse when wearing a nice suit.

That’s hilarious, I was trying to figure out how to change out of the suit and back to work mode for my next adventure. 😎