Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Remembering 911

6 posts in this topic

Today marks the 17th anniversary of an event that fundamentally changed our country and how we go about our daily life. Also a day to remember the incredible men and women who rushed toward the chaos to save others. 

God bless them all...I know I'm a baby but I remember my history teacher in high school scared and crying just telling us we are witnesses to a war ahead..Here we are 17years later and that war is still going on...It's sad to know things are not getting better!

When I think of 911 it both makes me sad and reminds me of our resilience.  Sadness comes first, then I remember that we are still here, and still doing the best we can.  911 affected me deeply in so many ways, yet I didn't personally know anyone who died.  For me, it is the Pearl Harbor of my generation and is ingrained into my psyche to the core.

I have a close friend whose office was in one of the buildings. He never made it into work that day. However the skin on his face melted and and he needed surgery He also still is having trouble smelling. He explained to me that everything smells of acid rain. Just so horrible to even think what the city of NYC went through. They’re very resilient! Hard to believe 17 years! ❤️❤️❤️

I had a friend who lived & worked in the Bronx. In the following days she was standing in line at the blood bank. The person behind her was a Russian tourist, giving what he could. Just goes to show you how we can  ALL pull together to improve situations. 

I still remember the horror of the first plane. Then the images of the 2nd plane which left know doubt that this was a deliberate attack on our way of life. The truly sad thing is the permanent changes it wrought on that way of life, 

As Average said, the Pearl Harbor of our time.