Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SabrinaLynn aka KatieCreme

Shopping questions

26 posts in this topic

So I have been looking at online retail shops like Facebook market, Craigslist, and let go to try and find some cute stuff for my house but I'm not having much luck...

I was wondering if anyone knew of thrift stores here in Denver besides the usual goodwill? 

Best way to find a thrift store near you is google thrift store near me, A lot of thrift stores in denver

Don't forget to look at ross and tj max.  There can be some bargains there for decorations.  And of course Hobby Lobby just make sure it is on sale.  

Also depending on what you want look for local auctions.  Just be careful not to get caught up in bidding and pay to much because they generally have a 15% vig over what you bid.

What type of things? If Many try Bed Bath and Beyond, I Use frequently and Online is Best. Better Pricing and $6-$12 delivery to your door :)

There is also a website that has some amazing stuff I use it frequently it’s called Society6 and you can get artwork, tech items, bed and bath essentials. They have frequent sales and promo specials. I would also suggest wayfair it’s a reputable online retailer with a wide selection. 

I know you mentioned brick & mortar local locations, but thrift, ARC, Habitat are probably better options.  Online stores are good.  I use Wayfair and RetailMeNot for options.

Hobby Lobby has some really cool stuff if you can get passed their religious craziness.  It's not cheap but you can also go there and get ideas on how to make your own similar style of home decor items.  Watch Youtube videos on how to refurbish old stuff or hit up garage sales and get creative with the decorations or home furnishings you come across. 

The Goodwill in the better part of town usually has some choice stuff, but you have to get there when they get the fresh donations in. It's a cutthroat atmosphere.

11 hours ago, Bravo1 said:

Hobby Lobby has some really cool stuff if you can get passed their religious craziness.  

The crucifixes and pictures of Jesus all over are kind of a drag, but at least they make the mandatory prayers before checking out non-denominational.... 

Edited by Happymon
insufficiently sarcastic

63rd and Wadsworth The Homestead antique store. Omg don’t get me going on antiquing. I need to limit my love! I could name all my hang outs lol

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

19 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

63rd and Wadsworth The Homestead antique store. Omg don’t get me going on antiquing. I need to limit my love! I could name all my hang outs lol

Kali text me please.. 

Because Craigslist was first to be anti-provider even before anti-provider became popular...they tend to be forgotten. Well....if you are looking for STUFF....still works pretty good.

Be adventurous and check out some of the estate sales. There is a lot of cool stuff out there, you just have to show up early. Been focused on the QVC shoppers who have passed on and have items never opened up or used. One house had multiples of vacuums, pots and pans, electronics and tools. Great great deals! 

Good luck.

@seeker I've been thinking about going to one of these! I always thought they were going to be overpriced though.

I know a lot of people stay off social media, but I like the Facebook groups usually called "Xyz-town Buy/Sell/Trade" and the Nextdoor app. 

On 9/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, SabrinaLynn aka KatieCreme said:

I was wondering if anyone knew of thrift stores here in Denver besides the usual goodwill? 

Check out the Goodwill in Cherry Creek ?  Its amazing what finds there are there. Its where the filthy rich send their discards. Amazing furniture,designer clothing and other fine stuff can be found there on the cheap. Its hardly what I would call the "usual" Goodwill.

Edited by JRWolfe
Removed last sentence as I realized it was a TOB violation.

4 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Check out the Goodwill in Cherry Creek ?  Its amazing what finds there are there. Its where the filthy rich send their discards. Amazing furniture,designer clothing and other fine stuff can be found there on the cheap. Its hardly what I would call the "usual" Goodwill.

Thanks for the reminder.  I've gotten some great stuff from that Goodwill.  And somehow I remember my ex-wife and I combining it with a trips to Fascinations.  These were some fun shopping trips.  ;)

You can find some good stuff on wish they have all kinds of things on there

12 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

You can find some good stuff on wish they have all kinds of things on there

Wish is good but the quality of some things is not.

The shipping cost a lot and it takes a long time to receive.

8 hours ago, average1 said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I've gotten some great stuff from that Goodwill.  And somehow I remember my ex-wife and I combining it with a trips to Fascinations.  These were some fun shopping trips.  ;)

In that Goodwills case,there were some fun outfits found to go with Fascinations whips and...