ericabannon

Hungry

28 posts in this topic

Looking for the best places to have a good time and eat… Does anybody have any suggestions for Colorado Springs and Denver? 

My new favorite fancy shmancy place in Denver is guard and grace. The ambiance, food and service are to die for. Makes for a great date.  I don’t have any suggestions for the springs. Don’t make it down very often. 

Boys if you haven’t taken your favorite SW to guard and grace you should! She’ll thank you and you’ll thank me later :) 

ive been itching to try the flagstaff house in boulder. But it just seems so faarrrrrr. 

Also the taste of Colorado is going on this weekend if you’re into overpriced regular food 🤣 

28 minutes ago, ericabannon said:

Looking for the best places to have a good time and eat… Does anybody have any suggestions for Colorado Springs and Denver? 

Depends on what you are into. Denver has excellent restaurants for everything.

56 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Depends on what you are into. Denver has excellent restaurants for everything.

Same with Colorado Springs. More and more dining establishments of all types/price ranges opening down here to match the booming population...

2 hours ago, ericabannon said:

Carl's Pizza in north Denver. Italian food. It's not at all fancy, but I've always thought they had great food. I've been eating there for more than 40 years.

http://carlspizza.yolasite.com/

In the Springs, pretty much every restaurant in Old Colorado City.  Add "Crazy Brothers" on Centennial and GoG for breakfast, when you order bacon, you definitely know you're getting bacon!  

6 hours ago, Just Jos said:

ive been itching to try the flagstaff house in boulder. But it just seems so faarrrrrr. 

Ive been to the Flagstaff house. Yes, its very fancy and the ambiance is nice however the food is WAY WAY over priced and really just ok...i certainly wouldnt say that it's to die for. I dont mind an expensive meal if the taste and flavors are there.

I was but then decided to make 4 dz scratch green tamales. Fresh Pueblo Chile's. I'm tired of making effin tamales, and no longer hungry. If you've never made them...HOURS!

q8c7yD4.jpg?1

Edited by fishndude57

26 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

I was but then decided to make 4 dz scratch green tamales. Fresh Pueblo Chile's. I'm tired of making effin tamales, and no longer hungry. If you've never made them...HOURS!

q8c7yD4.jpg?1

I bet they taste amazing!! Nice work!

5 hours ago, pfunk said:

Carl's Pizza in north Denver. Italian food. It's not at all fancy, but I've always thought they had great food. I've been eating there for more than 40 years.

http://carlspizza.yolasite.com/

Agree, I've been there often ,since they are in my neighborhood. Took some name bands there a few times that craved Italian.

4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

q8c7yD4.jpg?1

That's cuz you drank a dozen of them buds while making them.   Btw...nice work...tamales are the bomb.

10 hours ago, ericabannon said:

For Colorado Springs...

Italian - Paravacinnis

German Fast Food - the little imbiss

Burgers - Cy's Drive in or JP Fizzies

Mexican - Salsa Brava

Breakfast - King Chef

I was just introduced to YaYa's Euto Bistro off of Belleview. Incredible food, atmosphere, and the servers are well versed in the food and drinks. Very impressed!

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Rabbit Hole in C Sprs. The Woods just opened in RINO. Hops & Pie on Tennyson. Highlan Tap & Burger in LoHi

I think it is hard to beat the Osteria Marco, on Larimer Square (actually beneath Larimer Square) for the right combination of quality food, good wine list, atmosphere and price.  It's really my favorite restaurant in Denver.

Depends on what you are wanting to eat,  your budget, and what area of Denver you wish to discover. But here are a few that are amazing. Uncle - its in the Highlands and is great, there spicy chicken ramen is fantastic. The only downside is that they do not open til' 5pm. Also if you want to eat at 6pm you need to be there around 5pm because to have a seat you will have to wait a bit but well worth it. Best Sushi restaurant is  Matsuhisa in Cherry Creek it is pricy dinner for 2 with drinks is about 200+ but so worth it. For breakfast you have to try Hashtag in aurora/stapleton. They are only open til 2pm but is way better than snooze and the wait is not as bad either. Denver Biscuit Company is also amazing. Especially there strawberry shortcake biscuit. Also SteakBar in the Highlands has amazing flavor and tenderness when it comes to a well prepared steak. Jack and Grill on Federal has amazing burgers. Hope this helps. Also great place and amazing theme is the "speak easy" style of William & Graham you walk thru a bookcase secret door to get to the bar. The vibe is cool for sure.

Edited by Calisurfgirl

Guard and Grace is awesome have you eaten at North? There food is good to but you should try Linger in the Highlands. I found out why they named it Linger when I inquired about there glasses which look to hold chemical solvents and they said the restaurant use to be a funeral home so the glasses went with the prior owners theme. There food is great though. 

linger's took over a mortuary buliding with a huge neon sign "Olinger's". The new owners turned off the "O" thus "linger's". The social table in the upstairs inside bar are the roller tables they used to move caskets around. Pretty cool. Only been dead drunk there once.

Try El Five next door. Same onwers with a great view and Mediterranean menu. Beyond cool 

Edited by Hoodwink1
Spelling

11 hours ago, Hoodwink1 said:

linger's took over a mortuary buliding with a huge neon sign "Olinger's". The new owners turned off the "O" thus "linger's". The social table in the upstairs inside bar are the roller tables they used to move caskets around. Pretty cool. Only been dead drunk there once.

I see what you did there! 

I'll also note the Original Chubby's mexican restaurant, on west 38th. It ain't fancy, but the food is excellent!    https://www.facebook.com/originalchubbys1/

Sam"s 3 great little dinner l think they have 4 in town

Also Snooze for bkfast and lunch..

Chops in Cherry Creek if you want to spend $$$

Seasons 52 pretty good priced reasonable 

These are Habanero peppers from my buddies garden. I like HOT, I tried not even but a shaving form one of these. I thought ER might be a good idea now. Note to self: No Habanero's EVER. One of the Ladies has asked for them. Really HOT OWE!

hX2awhJ.jpg?1

On 9/2/2018 at 5:22 PM, fishndude57 said:

q8c7yD4.jpg?1

Aren't you suppose to make them with a few other people, and get the assembly line thing going? I'm impressed if you made them all by your self. 👏👏👏

10 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Aren't you suppose to make them with a few other people, and get the assembly line thing going? I'm impressed if you made them all by your self. 👏👏👏

Took from 10am to 5:30 pm, I used my pressure cooker to make filler 1 hr, then approx 4 hrs steaming. They come out really good tho. 

3 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Took from 10am to 5:30 pm, I used my pressure cooker to make filler 1 hr, then approx 4 hrs steaming. They come out really good tho. 

I love tamales, but the time required is why I have never made them myself.

I’ll drive the 20-30 minutes to north Denver and get my tamale fix from La Casita.

54 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I love tamales, but the time required is why I have never made them myself.

I’ll drive the 20-30 minutes to north Denver and get my tamale fix from La Casita.

4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

I do a lot of culinary things once (including tamales), just to prove I can. But at $10/dozen, I can't possibly compete with La Casita for basic red or green tamales. 

Edited by Happymon