Bit Banger

‘Hobbiest’ being a bad thing

52 posts in this topic

In a 411 thread, firecracker remarked:

Yah I texted her and got some BS about being “too serious about being a hobbyist” when I inquired about a few things due to lack of reviews and got read a riot act.......”

I’ve gotten that before. It’s part of a ‘them vs. us’ attitude, perhaps fostered by ‘gents only’ (and ‘ladies only’?) boards.  The view is that ‘Hobbiests’ feel entitled. If they don’t get what they want, they’ll try to ruin a lady’s business with a bad review.  That they share all the dirty little secrets amongst themselves.

IMHO we’re fortunate to have a mixed community, sharing viewpoints and information. Knowledge is power!

THOUGHTS?

Edited by Bit Banger

1 hour ago, Seeker5280 said:

I think I know exactly who you are referring too. 

Oh, I’ve heard this sentiment expressed by several providers over many years. But not recently by anyone advertising on TOB.

If this weren't a mixed community it would hold little interest for me.  Don't want this to be an us versus them.  Having it be an "us AND them" makes it so much better.  I enjoy the threads and posts from both the ladies and the gents.  For me, the ads are just a part of what influences me as to who I might like to see.  A lady's presence and posts in the forum give me a feel for what they might be like.  And the gents posts are just as important.  I've relied on a number of gents here for good information and recommendations.  And with it being a mixed board, it is just a bunch more fun. 

I'm just glad to be a part of this community.  I've made many friends that I would never have met otherwise, if I sat back on the sidelines, and didnt contribute on the board. We all have different experiences and perspectives. I like that I have friends I can disagree with, and then people that I don't care much for at all that I agree with on certain issues. I'm not a fan of the members who's only objective is to piss everybody off, and bring chaos to the board for their shits and giggles, but I can't change other people. I just remind myself if their life was so great, they wouldn't need to be here bringing their nonsense with them. From what I can tell those people seem to fade away anyway, and the ones who stay and weather the storm, I like them all that much more. 💙💙💙

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

In a 411 thread, firecracker remarked:

It’s part of a ‘them vs. us’ attitude, perhaps fostered by ‘gents only’ (and ‘ladies only’?) boards.  The view is that ‘Hobbiests’ feel entitled. If they don’t get what they want, they’ll try to ruin a lady’s business with a bad review. 

THOUGHTS?

It should never be a "us vs  them."  Its supposed to be about mutual respect and enjoyment. That is why it is better to do one's homework before booking.

I wasn’t aware of “hobby culture” really until I joined Twitter. I don’t think we have a lot of that going on this board. Have you guys ever read the Eccie posts? That board is sorta vile towards women. And I think that kind of attitude and behavior are what some people think of when they call clients “hobbiests” in a negative way. Its a different vibe around these parts, and I’m thankful for that, so hobbiest isn’t a bad word to me. To me it simply means a man who’s been around the block - lots of oks or references - and it’s no secret that I like them  experienced ;) We don’t all agree on everything but I believe that most of the  people that participate here are good people. 

24 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

I wasn’t aware of “hobby culture” really until I joined Twitter. I don’t think we have a lot of that going on this board. Have you guys ever read the Eccie posts? That board is sorta vile towards women. And I think that kind of attitude and behavior are what some people think of when they call clients “hobbiests” in a negative way. Its a different vibe around these parts, and I’m thankful for that, so hobbiest isn’t a bad word to me. To me it simply means a man who’s been around the block - lots of oks or references - and it’s no secret that I like them  experienced ;) We don’t all agree on everything but I believe that most of the  people that participate here are good people. 

We have the best guys here, and I for one am so grateful for them. Thanks Jos for reminding us.💋🤗

Of course, the importance of understanding the landscape and respecting limits is paramount but as a hobbyist, I firmly feel the entitlement issue is quite misguided in that too many providers forget, we work hard for the money to enjoy indiscretions. Carried away with the "my body my rules" component of human relations, they often lose sight of who/what pays the bills, another important component. And this is not to say one "should get their way" or that the other should tolerate being respected or taken advantage of but asking questions is not being entitled and being "read the riot act" because of it is uncalled for, like going into a store with clearly labeled aisles and being chastised for asking a worker where something is located. How about you just answer my question and be glad I'm here to ask it!?

1 hour ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Of course, the importance of understanding the landscape and respecting limits is paramount but as a hobbyist, I firmly feel the entitlement issue is quite misguided in that too many providers forget, we work hard for the money to enjoy indiscretions. Carried away with the "my body my rules" component of human relations, they often lose sight of who/what pays the bills, another important component. And this is not to say one "should get their way" or that the other should tolerate being respected or taken advantage of but asking questions is not being entitled and being "read the riot act" because of it is uncalled for, like going into a store with clearly labeled aisles and being chastised for asking a worker where something is located. How about you just answer my question and be glad I'm here to ask it!?

After reading your post, in my opinion, you have a lot to learn.

First of which is to respect the ladies.

We all work hard for our salaries, including the ladies.

You are no better or important than the ladies.

Expecting them to answer questions about what they enjoy, what they are willing to do from an unknown person is out of line.

Answering those types of questions puts them at risk from the unsavory characters who expects them to answer the questions as well as LE who are constantly trying to bust the ladies.

56 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Expecting them to answer questions about what they enjoy, what they are willing to do from an unknown person is out of line.

Answering those types of questions puts them at risk from the unsavory characters who expects them to answer the questions as well as LE who are constantly trying to bust the ladies.

Who said anything about invasive questions? Not me. And the OP said they were questions one should ask with no reviews.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

59 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

And when it comes to my Benjamins, I'm the most important mufugga on the planet. Sorry, not sorry.

14 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Who said anything about invasive questions? Not me. And the OP said they were questions one should ask with no reviews.

Uh?  Being the OP of this thread, I don’t recall saying that.

I would agree that there is often a disconnect/conflict between “My body, my rules!” and “My $s, my rules!”  Those of us (M&F) who treat each other with respect seem to have less conflict on this topic.

9 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Uh?  Being the OP of this thread, I don’t recall saying that.

I would agree that there is often a disconnect/conflict between “My body, my rules!” and “My $s, my rules!”  Those of us (M&F) who treat each other with respect seem to have less conflict on this topic.

My bad. I meant the questions you were referring to were ones that should be asked given the situation.

23 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

And when it comes to my Benjamins, I'm the most important mufugga on the planet. Sorry, not sorry.

If you can get any woman, who reads this board, to ever see you, I'd be surprised. Not sorry!

Again, you are showing a complete lack of respect for the ladies by your comments.

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

If you can get any woman, who reads this board, to ever see you, I'd be surprised. Not sorry!

Oh, pfunk. As you see, I'm actually quite irresistible, no matter how hard you try. :lol:

19 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Again, you are showing a complete lack of respect for the ladies by your comments.

By his signature, and the use of the word mufugga, I believe he's more about the trick/ho game, and not at all in the league of hobbiest respecting providers, and providers respecting hobbyists. That's okay too though. There's enough room for all of us. There are plenty of girls who like to treat men as tricks, and guys who like to treat girls as ho's...here's to hoping they find their perfect matches. 🍻

5 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

I doubt a few guys here have done an honest day's work in their life.  Money does not always flow proportionately to work performed.  But so what?  How hard you work should make your money valuable to you.  But what difference does that make as to how a lady sets her rules and fees?  She sets her rules and fees , her work level and reward.  If I don't like them or can't afford them I move on.  Whining about how hard I work never enters my mind as being remotely relevant to the question except for how much I can part with and what I choose to part with it for.  It seems on more than one thread you have potentially worthwhile questions and discussions in mind, but you have an abrasive writing style that implies an attitude most, including me, are not going to appreciate.  Or it is not just writing style and you really are just fucking annoying.  Trying to keep an open mind on it!

4 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

But what difference does that make as to how a lady sets her rules and fees?  None. She sets her rules and fees , her work level and reward.  If I don't like them or can't afford them I move on. Right. Whining about how hard I work never enters my mind as being remotely relevant to the question except for how much I can part with and what I choose to part with it for. Agreed! It seems on more than one thread you have potentially worthwhile questions and discussions in mind (YAY!) , but you have an abrasive writing style that implies an attitude most, including me, are not going to appreciate.  Or it is not just writing style and you really are just fucking annoying.  Trying to keep an open mind on it!

Thanks, gr8owl. I vote both and, in an effort toward giving a fuck how you feel, will work on the former so that I won't be as misunderstood but I can't promise it will be at all far from my truth. What others think of me is their problem.

24 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

By his signature, and the use of the word mufugga, I believe he's more about the trick/ho game, and not at all in the league of hobbiest respecting providers, and providers respecting hobbyists. That's okay too though. There's enough room for all of us. There are plenty of girls who like to treat men as tricks, and guys who like to treat girls as ho's...here's to hoping they find their perfect matches. 🍻

As you continue to make assumptions about who I am and in what leagues I belong remember, you haven't even seen the tip of things. ;) As for tricks and ho's, what's most important to remember is respect is a two way street. And that I'm flexible. An edgy, go with the flow type.

My main assumption of you right now is that you haven't been able to get a single provider reference so that you can post a review. I'm not saying you can't, but that you haven't been able to at this point. It's not that difficult. Most go with the flow types that providers see, can get them all day long. Nothing I've read from you is go with flow, but if you say so.

14 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

@Bit Banger It wasn't my intent to derail your thread.

One of my ATFs hosts from a private and secure, very upscale apartment near DTC. Mature and classy, she is a pure delight.

Will this ATF provide a reference for you? I honestly hope she does. References and reviews go a long way in this community. Right now you sound like you're full of a lot of hot air. 

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

8 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Will this ATF provide a reference for you? I honestly hope she does. References and reviews go a long way in this community. Right now you sound like you're full of a lot of hot air. 

I haven't seen her since joining, no longer get up to Denver and have no desire to prove anything to you so it's a moot point. Because you care so deeply, I'm sure you'll wait for the moment with baited breath. Though respectable, this community (TOB) isn't the hobby's be all end all you appear to think it is.Not only that, but I avoid pretentiousness at all costs. I've been around the world, sugar. What you "hear" and think of me is your problem.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

2 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

I haven't seen her since joining, no longer get up to Denver and have no desire to prove anything to you so it's a moot point. Because you care so deeply, I'm sure you'll wait for the moment with baited breath. Though respectable, this community (TOB) isn't the hobby's be all end all you appear to think it is.Not only that, but I avoid pretentiousness at all costs. I've been around the world, sugar. What you "hear" and think of me is your problem.

You have a very interesting, and distorted, self image.  You are one of the most pretentious people who posts on this board.  And what is interesting, it is without any basis whatsoever.

"...I avoid pretentiousness at all costs."

Followed by a very pretentious:

"I've been around the world, sugar."

Irony can be pretty ironic, can't it?

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

You have a very interesting, and distorted, self image.  You are one of the most pretentious people who posts on this board.  And what is interesting, it is without any basis whatsoever.

Hobby Hobbit reminds me of a banned member who keeps coming back under a new handle.

5 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Hobby Hobbit reminds me of a banned member who keeps coming back under a new handle.

I swear I didnt wanna be the first....🙄He needs a new hobby