"...I avoid pretentiousness at all costs."

Followed by a very pretentious:

"I've been around the world, sugar."

Irony can be pretty ironic, can't it?

pretentious

[pri-ten-shuh s]

See more synonyms for pretentious on Thesaurus.com

adjective
  1. characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.
  2. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.
  3. full of pretense or pretension; having no factual basis; false.

With so many ways to skin the kitty, it lacks factual basis so, taken in context, to assert one gets no play because they are unliked here is pretentious. On the other hand, to state the fact I've been around the world, especially in response to such pretentiousness and as a way of saying, "you don't know me"? That's simply fact. No pretense there, boys and girls.

BTW, is there any irony in trying to correct one's use of a word with faulty logic?

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

5 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I'm with stupid...

You should really cut back on projecting, pfunk. It's not a good look.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

5 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

You should really cut back on projecting, pfunk. It's not a good look.

I know you think you're smart. When you grow up, you'll learn otherwise...

47 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Hobby Hobbit reminds me of a banned member who keeps coming back under a new handle.

I don't think its him. 

14 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Just another game player here to disrupt

This is a forum, people. Not submitting to the popular sentiment doesn't make it false and isn't heresy. Ladies don't like my views? Don't see me, I'll be fine! Dudes don't like my views? Don't care! And if you're going to directly respond with an opposing view, expect opposition! For fuck's sake.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

29 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

This is a forum, people. Not submitting to the popular sentiment doesn't make it false and isn't heresy. Ladies don't like my views? Don't see me, I'll be fine! Dudes don't like my views? Don't care! And if you're going to directly respond with an opposing view, expect opposition! For fuck's sake.

The good thing about this thread, the ladies now know your REAL personality

1 hour ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

pretentious

[pri-ten-shuh s]

See more synonyms for pretentious on Thesaurus.com

adjective
  1. characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.
  2. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.
  3. full of pretense or pretension; having no factual basis; false.

With so many ways to skin the kitty, it lacks factual basis so, taken in context, to assert one gets no play because they are unliked here is pretentious. On the other hand, to state the fact I've been around the world, especially in response to such pretentiousness and as a way of saying, "you don't know me"? That's simply fact. No pretense there, boys and girls.

BTW, is there any irony in trying to correct one's use of a word with faulty logic?

Yeah, read it again.  It says *especially* when exaggerated or undeserved, not *only*.  Which means that even if you have been "around the world" just because it's true doesn't mean you're not a douchebag for saying so as if it makes you special.

1 hour ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Screen_Shot_2018_09_03_at_5_00_12_PM.jpg

On 9/2/2018 at 6:54 PM, Hobby Hobbit said:

My bad. I meant the questions you were referring to were ones that should be asked given the situation.

What is an example of the questions that you feel need to be answered? I just want to make sure that I am Being informative and communicative in my website and ads, without being uncouth. I recently had a member provide some constructive information that I appreciated and added to my site.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:32 PM, Hobby Hobbit said:

Of course, the importance of understanding the landscape and respecting limits is paramount but as a hobbyist, I firmly feel the entitlement issue is quite misguided in that too many providers forget, we work hard for the money to enjoy indiscretions. Carried away with the "my body my rules" component of human relations, they often lose sight of who/what pays the bills, another important component. And this is not to say one "should get their way" or that the other should tolerate being respected or taken advantage of but asking questions is not being entitled and being "read the riot act" because of it is uncalled for, like going into a store with clearly labeled aisles and being chastised for asking a worker where something is located. How about you just answer my question and be glad I'm here to ask it!?

A little reminder that it is the ladies who pay the money that keep this community up and running. 😘

50 minutes ago, Cecilia said:

A little reminder that it is the ladies who pay the money that keep this community up and running. 😘

You know, I get that Cecilia and saw that as part of the problem, right away. I for one would pay a subscription for a more balanced approach.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

2 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

What is an example of the questions that you feel need to be answered? I just want to make sure that I am Being informative and communicative in my website and ads, without being uncouth. I recently had a member provide some constructive information that I appreciated and added to my site.

Great question, Audrey. For me, it is type of location, as in room or residence. I'm constantly surprised at how upset that makes some ladies. And to the OP's point, any reviews or references anywhere for those that dont have them.

22 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Great question, Audrey. For me, it is type of location, as in room or residence. I'm constantly surprised at how upset that makes some ladies. And to the OP's point, any reviews or references anywhere for those that dont have them.

I also like to know it's a smoke free environment.

3 hours ago, Cecilia said:

Thank you Cecilia!! Sometimes I have such a short vision. This is the first time I've think about the forum in this way. Of course I knew the ladies pay, but I always saw that as part of your business and the forum owners' business. Which is good for all. But that aspect of your money also keeping the forum running was never that explicit in my mind, though, obviously is implicit.

On 9/3/2018 at 6:50 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

anymore than I already have

No reason for you to be so angry or mean. Hope you understand the need for the ladies to feel safe? It is defiantly not personal. All these ladies will ask you questions to confirm that you are safe and really that is all that is key to getting with one of the ladies. Have fun and enjoy yourself once you are with someone too. Best of luck! 

Many will ask for references too each lady has their own style and we all have a strong need for safety. 

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

No reason for you to be so angry or mean. Hope you understand the need for the ladies to feel safe? It is defiantly not personal. All these ladies will ask you questions to confirm that you are safe and really that is all that is key to getting with one of the ladies. Have fun and enjoy yourself once you are with someone too. Best of luck! 

Thanks, Kali. I absolutely understand the ladies' need for safety first and do my best to abide by their protocols, especially when they are kind and thoughtful, like you. However, it seems you're missing the point, which is that a "hobbiest" was "read the riot act" for asking questions of an unknown provider to which I responded in kind but in such a way that it bothered the forum gods (not mods) who, and you know who they are, make it their objective to respond with derision and other not so neighborly approaches to not liking my "writing style". I mean, look at my response to the OP to see what I mean:

"Of course, the importance of understanding the landscape and respecting limits is paramount but as a hobbyist, I firmly feel the entitlement issue is quite misguided in that too many (not all!) providers forget, we work hard for the money to enjoy indiscretions. Carried away with the "my body my rules" component of human relations, they often lose sight of who/what pays the bills, another important component. And this is not to say one "should get their way" or that the other should tolerate being respected or taken advantage of but asking questions is not being entitled and being "read the riot act" because of it is uncalled for..."

I'm convinced that for some, it's about making themselves feel better, for others to make brownie points with "the ladies"...whatever. And then there are those such as yourself, @Melissa Sterling and others who take a live and let live approach to things, for which I'm thankful. Thanks again for being you.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

14 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Thanks, Kali. I absolutely understand the ladies' need for safety first and do my best to abide by their protocols, especially when they are kind and thoughtful, like you. However, it seems you're missing the point, which is that a "hobbiest" was "read the riot act" for asking questions of an unknown provider to which I responded in kind but in such a way that it bothered the forum gods (not mods) who, and you know who they are, make it their objective to respond with derision and other not so neighborly approaches to not liking my "writing style". I mean, look at my response to the OP to see what I mean:

"Of course, the importance of understanding the landscape and respecting limits is paramount but as a hobbyist, I firmly feel the entitlement issue is quite misguided in that too many (not all!) providers forget, we work hard for the money to enjoy indiscretions. Carried away with the "my body my rules" component of human relations, they often lose sight of who/what pays the bills, another important component. And this is not to say one "should get their way" or that the other should tolerate being respected or taken advantage of but asking questions is not being entitled and being "read the riot act" because of it is uncalled for..."

I'm convinced that for some, it's about making themselves feel better, for others to make brownie points with "the ladies"...whatever. And then there are those such as yourself, @Melissa Sterling and others who take a live and let live approach to things, for which I'm thankful. Thanks again for being you.

Never taking exception to their need for safety, what you saw and correctly interpreted as "anger" was a response to at least some of that derision. Also, the response should have read, "...or that the other (provider) should tolerate being disrespected". Thanks again.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit