Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gr8owl

What is up with these concert services

2 posts in this topic

If anyone (JR maybe??) knows, what is the deal with the companies that offer video from a concert the following day?  There are at least four already up for a concert last night, all posted to youtube by someone with Indian sounding names with a link to a "service" you have to create an account for.  I do not care to frequent or support a "service" that is a pirate entity that does not give the artists their rightful royalty, let alone a scam/phishing site.  But is that how they operate - by paying fees like a radio station for broadcasting songs?  Or are they a catch me before I vanish internet thing?  If legit - the quality of product?

On 9/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, gr8owl said:

If anyone (JR maybe??) knows, what is the deal with the companies that offer video from a concert the following day?  There are at least four already up for a concert last night, all posted to youtube by someone with Indian sounding names with a link to a "service" you have to create an account for.  I do not care to frequent or support a "service" that is a pirate entity that does not give the artists their rightful royalty, let alone a scam/phishing site.  But is that how they operate - by paying fees like a radio station for broadcasting songs?  Or are they a catch me before I vanish internet thing?  If legit - the quality of product?

A lot of those so called "companies" are just people using their cell phones.Expect more and more acts to demand that smart phones be banned from their concerts. That said, I agree that this is just another way to rip off the artists,it really is best to pay the artist their rightful royalty. They have bills to pay too !