Turtle138

How busy are you????

69 posts in this topic

YAY! Another Rate Thread. How original. What's it been, a week? Nothing new here. Moving on

On September 3, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

My Rates do not determine my self worth! Let’s make that perfectly clear please. It upsets me to see that that ever written by another provider. Also, it is very seldom that we see sisters, mothers, as well as daughters working this avenue (line of work). Especially if we ourselves are involved. Correct me if I am wrong? Lol it is a calling of sorts from my perspective and there are some of us that are well sought after. Nothing more be said by me. 

Knowing you the way I do, Kali, I understand how it is a Calling for you. It's refreshing to meet someone who sees their participation in this as a Nurturer to their clients and their clients as more than living, breathing ATMs 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Tsunami said:

Knowing you the way I do, Kali, I understand how it is a Calling for you. It's refreshing to meet someone who sees their participation in this as a Nurturer to their clients and their clients as more than living, breathing ATMs 

I really appreciate the people who get this side of the hobby. ❤

A providers self worth has NOTHING to do with her rate unless she is mentally unstable. Her self worth SHOULD have nothing to do with her job\business. People are mixing up words and ideas here, ironically in a way we ALL know well. Her rate is NEVER what she feels SHE is worth...it is what she feels an hour of her TIME is worth! I see nothing wrong with calling that time a commodity....her photos a commodity...even her services as commodity. That does not ever make HER a commodity. Seems kinda obvious to me and everyone should realize that what the meaning here is.

Well Turtle, so much for good intentions.  This is why so few come onto the forum.  

No one wants to be personally attacked for having a different view point... Our world is lost!!😪😪😪😪😪

On 9/4/2018 at 4:48 PM, BadBoy said:

I am also in the business of furnishing personal services, in other words I charge people by the hour for my time and assistance.  My rate is not too much different from our providers here, but I have never confused my hourly rate for my services with my "worth" as a person.  Instead, it is simply the maximum amount that I can charge in the current market without losing too many customers.  It has been my experience that so long as I am "in the pack," meaning my charges are not drastically higher or lower than my competitors, my hourly price doesn't really affect whether people hire me or not.  They hire me for a lot of reasons, including my reputation, referrals, qualifications, location (don't laugh, people are intrinsically lazy), etc.  I have had customers tell me that my rate is too high, but I just smile and let them know that there are lots of my colleagues who charge less, and that I hope they find someone they enjoy working with.  Sometimes I give them the name of a beginner who is just starting out and charges less.  What I refuse to do is negotiate, or confuse their unwillingness to pay my price as any form of critique of my "worth."  In other words, it is no more a comment on my "worth" than if a customer in my hypothetical hardware store refused to buy a widget from me because they can't afford it, or don't want to spend the money.

Selling your time is just like selling widgets at the wigeteria.  People will flock to see you, regardless of your price (so long as you are "in the pack") if you satisfy their needs and make them happy.  At that point, price becomes a secondary consideration.  Starbucks taught this to McDonalds.

I see this in my sporting endeavors.  I visit with ladies who charge anywhere from $160 to $500 per hour, and I never select my companion based on the donation she requests - I base my decision on who I would like to see, and who makes me happiest.

I understand that this endeavor is more personal and intimate, I get that, but I still think you ladies should never consider your worth as a human being and as a woman to have anything to do with the market-driven donation that you are able to obtain for your time and companionship.  Your real worth is so much more, and at whatever donation you are requesting, if you make your customer happy and fulfill his needs, it is a bargain.

This rambled a bit, so I hope it comes across like I wanted......

You have a great way of explaining so much. Thanks BB.

Edited by Cecilia

On 9/1/2018 at 3:03 PM, stevie-2249 said:

You don't understand, a lady can charge 1000  and see one guy or a guy can pay a lady 200-400 and see many more. 

I think ladies charge what the market is and what is realistic, if they could get that 1000 more power to them.

Upscale providers having a great screening process and accurate photos that are updated frequently , a relaxed attitude will eliminate a lot of the issues. It will upgrade the type of hobbyists you are attracting. Quality not quantity. Which what I am expressing is take your time, not constantly watch it and you can establish advanced hobbyists. Enjoy what you do and offer a great experience with a reliable method of screening, replying, and seeing each client.

On 9/4/2018 at 4:48 PM, BadBoy said:

I am also in the business of furnishing personal services, in other words I charge people by the hour for my time and assistance.  My rate is not too much different from our providers here, but I have never confused my hourly rate for my services with my "worth" as a person.  Instead, it is simply the maximum amount that I can charge in the current market without losing too many customers.  It has been my experience that so long as I am "in the pack," meaning my charges are not drastically higher or lower than my competitors, my hourly price doesn't really affect whether people hire me or not.  They hire me for a lot of reasons, including my reputation, referrals, qualifications, location (don't laugh, people are intrinsically lazy), etc.  I have had customers tell me that my rate is too high, but I just smile and let them know that there are lots of my colleagues who charge less, and that I hope they find someone they enjoy working with.  Sometimes I give them the name of a beginner who is just starting out and charges less.  What I refuse to do is negotiate, or confuse their unwillingness to pay my price as any form of critique of my "worth."  In other words, it is no more a comment on my "worth" than if a customer in my hypothetical hardware store refused to buy a widget from me because they can't afford it, or don't want to spend the money.

Selling your time is just like selling widgets at the wigeteria.  People will flock to see you, regardless of your price (so long as you are "in the pack") if you satisfy their needs and make them happy.  At that point, price becomes a secondary consideration.  Starbucks taught this to McDonalds.

I see this in my sporting endeavors.  I visit with ladies who charge anywhere from $160 to $500 per hour, and I never select my companion based on the donation she requests - I base my decision on who I would like to see, and who makes me happiest.

I understand that this endeavor is more personal and intimate, I get that, but I still think you ladies should never consider your worth as a human being and as a woman to have anything to do with the market-driven donation that you are able to obtain for your time and companionship.  Your real worth is so much more, and at whatever donation you are requesting, if you make your customer happy and fulfill his needs, it is a bargain.

This rambled a bit, so I hope it comes across like I wanted......

^^THIS^^