Juskiddng

Observation

22 posts in this topic

At this point the Vent...blow off steam thread has 71 responses, and the Happy thoughts thread has 34 responses.  Why would people rather bitch and moan about all of the bad in the world than focus on what's good and healthy in their lives? 

Edited by Juskiddng

You're right turtle, I had not thought about it like that but my post was not focusing on the positive either...i think I may have just learned something...😳

42 minutes ago, Juskiddng said:

At this point the Vent...blow off steam thread has 71 responses, and the Happy thoughts thread has 34 responses.  Why would people rather bitch and moan about all of the bad in the world than focus on what's good and healthy in their lives? 

Was about to say, "you must be new here", but noticed you've been a member since 2015. Yes, the negativity is a downer.

People do seem to Hope for the good things yet thrive on the not as good The Daily News being a perfect example. Working to keep all things positive with yourself is a full-time job but totally worth the effort have a fantastic day

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

Was about to say, "you must be new here", but noticed you've been a member since 2015. Yes, the negativity is a downer.

No I'm not new to the board but I have just recently started to be more participative in the forum...as my status states I'm "learning my way"  But all in all this is a great board to be involved.

2 hours ago, Juskiddng said:

I noticed the same thing 😕

There are some really sad people in this world.  I survived an SO who was not happy unless something was wrong. Now I try to only hunt and gather where the happy women roam. :)

There is just a lot of chit-chat in the negative one as well....  Not every post is a negative one. Sad that life focuses on negativity more than positivey. I am guilty, I had one positive thing and four negative things in my post.  My happiness is my family, and I try not to post those things on the board very often.  

While the negative helps me to appreciate the positive, I strive to stay where the light is. 

11 minutes ago, ironman318 said:

While the negative helps me to appreciate the positive, I strive to stay where the light is. 

But the dark and naughty side can be so much fun 😉

One possibility is that "bitching" actually brings to light things that people might not be familiar with or be knowledgeable about.  Sure, we can certainly sit around and be wide-eyed and smiley-faced and love and appreciate everything around us but where's the learning and change in behavior going to come from?  You have to be willing to delve into the dirt in order to begin to fix things or change behaviors in a positive way.  

After i vented i felt compelled to put my phone down. Read my vent and you will understand.

3 hours ago, Bravo1 said:

One possibility is that "bitching" actually brings to light things that people might not be familiar with or be knowledgeable about.  Sure, we can certainly sit around and be wide-eyed and smiley-faced and love and appreciate everything around us but where's the learning and change in behavior going to come from?  You have to be willing to delve into the dirt in order to begin to fix things or change behaviors in a positive way.  

I respectfully disagree. I used to believe that too, but experience has taught me, I don't need to delve into the dirt to change. I simply need to make a decision to change and go from there. When I take myself out of the negativity, and focus on the positive things and people in my life, more positive things and people come into my life. People can change/make changes at any point in their life. It's really up us to decide if that's what we want. My experience is people don't change because they flat out don't want to change, for whatever reasons. When they do, they will.

31 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I respectfully disagree. I used to believe that too, but experience has taught me, I don't need to delve into the dirt to change. I simply need to make a decision to change and go from there. When I take myself out of the negativity, and focus on the positive things and people in my life, more positive things and people come into my life. People can change/make changes at any point in their life. It's really up us to decide if that's what we want. My experience is people don't change because they flat out don't want to change, for whatever reasons. When they do, they will.

Totally agree 

27 minutes ago, Shutterbug said:

Totally agree 

Shutterbug, you are definitely one of the positive people in my life.  There are quite a few ladies here that appreciate you for the positive, compassionate, fun, gentleman that you are. 💙💙💙

Part of being human.  While we should share good things with others more, sometimes it's a good thing just to keep the happy stuff inside for when we need it.  

On the other hand, the mere act of sharing frustrations with someone else can help both practically and emotionally.

20 hours ago, Laci French said:

But the dark and naughty side can be so much fun 😉

I agree and have to remember that dark and naughty does not have to mean "negative".  Dark and naughty can be exciting, mysterious and pleasing in so many wonderful ways.

Positive is one thing, denial is quite another.  My "cup" is simultaneously half full AND half empty.  I need to accept both conditions in order to reach one reality.  I ignore either at my peril.  

Edited by Happymon

On 8/31/2018 at 7:15 AM, Juskiddng said:

I noticed this also and felt a little sad about it. Then I closed the tab. I went outside to check on my tomato plants and pull some weeds. Then I felt happy again. 😊

On 8/31/2018 at 7:12 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

True, people who are not willing to look at themselves objectively or who never seek any sort of self-improvement will never change.