Calisurfgirl

Nervous but Excited

15 posts in this topic

So the Step 1 or USMLE was not super difficult but the Step 2, I heard causes anxiety and exceeded stress beyond measure? Any wise advise, besides study and breathe?

Not sure what you are talking about here.

Maybe provide some more information so we all know what you are talking about.

I had to look that up .

Wow! You seem to have done a lot to get where you are. Good work!. Just keep your confidence up. You can do it. Best of luck to you. 

Plenty of rest the day before, engage a tutor since your school will not specifically have prep classes for this. Try to master each block in your preparation, since speed comes with certainty, which will allow longer rest times between blocks. Good luck!

Edited by BenjB
Mis-spell

I solved the puzzle:

The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States and is sponsored by the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).

Good job!! Nothing better than a good massage before your second step... I'm sure there are plenty of amateur masseurs here to help you with that stress :)

Thanks for educating me this morning.

An old dog can learn new tricks.

If you know your stuff, then don't worry about it. I don't know where you are in the process but if you can seek out a mentor, do it. If you've made it this far then chances are you are are right where you should be. A relationship with a professional can give you that confidence you might be missing.

Good luck.

Sending good vibes to you!  Best of luck beautiful lady!!

14 hours ago, Calisurfgirl said:

So the Step 1 or USMLE was not super difficult but the Step 2, I heard causes anxiety and exceeded stress beyond measure? Any wise advise, besides study and breathe?

Here's what we used.  Step 1, study for 2 weeks.  Step 2, two days.  Step 3, bring a number 2 pencil.  

Worked for us. :)

Way to go! My advice would be to "forget" what you've heard about test 2, and replace the thought with how successful you were on test 1. 😘

45 minutes ago, Cecilia said:

Way to go! My advice would be to "forget" what you've heard about test 2, and replace the thought with how successful you were on test 1. 😘

Agree.  Step 2 is easier, hence my comment above.

12 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Not sure what you are talking about here.

Maybe provide some more information so we all know what you are talking about.

8 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

Agree.  Step 2 is easier, hence my comment above.

It is the 2 day exam taken in the fourth year of med school. 

1 hour ago, Calisurfgirl said:

It is the 2 day exam taken in the fourth year of med school. 

I could have given you a "2 day exam" in your first year of med school. :D 

Dr. boink

Congratulations on getting this far. Most layman have no idea the incredible work it takes to get through a Professional School.

You have worked your butt off to get this far. This is just another test along the way. You did not get this far unless you knew your stuff or by being average.

How in the world do you have time to participate in the hobby????

Get plenty of rest and dont forget to have sex to blow off steam between tests! Goodluck lady!!