CallieVane

Too Soon for Spooky Things?

17 posts in this topic

The fall is by far my favorite time of year and I’ve always adored Halloween over any other holiday! Is anyone else as excited as me for autumn to arrive? Bring on the pumpkin everything and the skimpy costumes! 

Edited by CallieVane

Halloween is the first dance of the season at my winter quarters. It’s still warm enough that the traditional dress code is even more skimpy than usual.

38 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Halloween is the first dance of the season at my winter quarters. It’s still warm enough that the traditional dress code is even more skimpy than usual.

I love a good winter celebration, especially when the dress code is minimal! All the nippy weather and nippy...well you know. ;) 

1 hour ago, CallieVane said:

The fall is by far my favorite time of year and I’ve always adored Halloween over any other holiday! Is anyone else as excited as me for autumn to arrive? Bring on the pumpkin everything and the skimpy costumes! 

I’m right there with ya!  Sweaters, Starbucks and uggs. 

Wonder what our weather will be like?

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I’m hoping it will be downright dramatic. I’m ready for moody skies and chilly winds! 🎃 

Not too soon at all. Time to bring out some long guns for fall fun. Water turn here in a few months, fishies get cool again. Spawning for some species, look out they'll be hungry critters after. Hopefully our weather pattern cooperates as I'm not seeing much migratory fair so far at all. I can't wait!

Edited by fishndude57

1 hour ago, CallieVane said:

I put a scaare crow on my office door today. 

Never too early, just ready for it to STOP being so HOT! haha 

3 hours ago, CallieVane said:

I agree pumpkin everything! bread, pie, pudding, rice, muffins........................................

3 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Well... it depends. If it's a spooky costume like this one, then right now is the perfect time of the year! No need to wait! :)

791f98ebbfd4fdd3202e0e83b1820d32.jpg

3 hours ago, Laci French said:

if-you-say-pumpkin-spice-latte-in-a-mirr

Ugh! Pumkin spice stuff is an abomination, imo. Sorry. Much better seasonal flavors out there. For example, a number of places do chili mochas. From Starbucks angle, more interested in the chestnut or praline lattes. Maybe egg nog at Christmas, but even then, too heavy and sweet for me for a regular thing.

A pecan bourbon drink ala same pie would be an option. Unfortunately, need to go to a restaurant doing adult shakes or coffee drinks for such.

No complaints with naughty costumes.

7 hours ago, CallieVane said:

OH Gods and Fishes, I love the Fall the best. Leather up and ride the Harley's. Not too cold but  most of all not too hot. I hate the heat. Love Halloween, nothing better than your (ahem) friends arriving at your home all dressed very nicely for a comfortably fun play time! "what temp is the hot tub tonight?" Fantastic! I say!

Love the Fall! Did I mention that? HAHA! 

6 hours ago, Laci French said:

I just hope we have a long cool Fall, so tired of this hot weather.

Sick of it turning from Summer to Winter! LOL!

15 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Oh yeah.  Callie, fall and Halloween are both things to look forward to.  Costumes can add quite a bit to the season.  And I love pumpkin muffins.  Pumpkin muffin munching can be so rewarding.  ;)

I love this time of year, Hunting open up, Skiing starts soon  hate pumpkin spice