gr8owl

A sad day indeed:: John McCain

24 posts in this topic

Whether you agreed with him or not, it's a given that he was a hero of the highest order and that he truly cared for this country and put service above self. The country needs more like him.

God speed, Sailor!

I may not have agreed with all of his politics, but I never doubted that he did what he thought best for the country.

34 minutes ago, Just Another Guy said:

Whether you agreed with him or not, it's a given that he was a hero of the highest order and that he truly cared for this country and put service above self. The country needs more like him.

I'm an Obama guy, couldn't agree more. Principal, Principal, Principal.  RIP

I definitely got emotional when I heard he passed. Such a sweet man. 

1 hour ago, Just Another Guy said:

Agreed

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

God speed, Sailor!

I may not have agreed with all of his politics, but I never doubted that he did what he thought best for the country.

Well said, He will be remembered. RIP

All politics aside,the man had big balls. You had too,if you were to survive  as a prisoner of the Hanoi Hilton. And survive he did. And he went on to be our vice president.  He seemed to me to be a man of principle. And he loved his country.  The old soldier has earned his rest ,and his place in American history. R.i.P Mr. McCain.☘️

May he rest in peace in the arms of God a true patriot and a courageous Fighter for the freedoms that we hold so dear

5 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

All politics aside,the man had big balls. You had too,if you were to survive  as a prisoner of the Hanoi Hilton. And survive he did. And he went on to be our vice president.  He seemed to me to be a man of principle. And he loved his country.  The old soldier has earned his rest ,and his place in American history. R.i.P Mr. McCain.☘️

I was incorrect in saying he was vp. He was in fact Ms. Palin's running mate in her bid for presidency. And a Ariz. Senator. Thank you Bitbanger for pointing that out to me. I stand corrected.🍀

19 minutes ago, Jez UaBriain said:

I was incorrect in saying he was vp. He was in fact Ms. Palin's running mate in her bid for presidency. And a Ariz. Senator. Thank you Bitbanger for pointing that out to me. I stand corrected.🍀

Really? He was running for President. Gov. Plain was his running mate; she was slated for the VP slot.  Though, as they say, she would have only been a heart beat away.

This morning, I was talking with a friend about John McCain's death.  We both agreed that neither of us agreed with all of his viewpoints, but we both acknowledged that he was a man of principle and went with his conscience.  For that, and so many other things, I admired him.  He could reach across the aisle and foster compromise.  That art seems to be lost by many elected officials.  I mourn the passing of this true American hero.

The man was tougher than any other politician out there. He had grit on a level we may never know. I heard today the man couldn’t lift his arms above his head. Tough SOB!

2 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

The man was tougher than any other politician out there. He had grit on a level we may never know. I heard today the man couldn’t lift his arms above his head. Tough SOB!

Kind men and women are often mistaken as weak. Never underestimate. I agree. They dont get much tougher. He showed his strength as a human being time and time again. I also did not always agree with his politics, but I've always admired him. 

As a War-hero John McCain gave up so much of his Life to serve, and protect, and to love.

Gained the widespread respect of the Public by living a life of Public Service.

Thank you John McCain.  For showing us all the breadth and depth of a Life well-lived.

Journey-well Sir, journey-well.

Well done sailor. Get on Center Line!  Anchor's Aweigh, My boy Anchor's Aweigh!

It is a sad day. Great, great man. During his lifetime. He up held honesty, integrity, and always made choices to do what was the correct thing to do! So few men like him! He will be greatly missed.......

Seems to be mutual respect for Sen. McCain from both sides of the political isle.  I think we can all agree that we need more men and women with his principles in public office. Country before self.

A job well done.  RIP Mr McCain. 

On 8/26/2018 at 3:35 PM, Jez UaBriain said:

Twice the candidate for president, Palin was once his VP running mate, much to the chagrin of those who knew she wasn't much more than a flash in the pan or roll in the hay depending on perspective. I mean, it's not just her bimbo status that is on hit! 

With both father and grandfather being Admirals, Capt John McCain was a true, country before politics statesman. A staunch conservative who could "cross the aisle" to "get shit done". Unsurprisingly he wasn't conservative enough, which is why he was one of the few that could get my vote. R.I.P. shipmate. You will be missed.

RIP Mr. McCain, great example of a true American.

I’m sorry that I can’t be on the route between the Rotunda & the VietNam Memorial to salute this sailor as he passes by.

I never voted for him, but I gained immense respect for him in the end.  He stood up the evil that now presides over us.  I never voted for Bush either, but am gaining respect for him as well.