Hobby Hobbit -Banned

Reviews and References

39 posts in this topic

As I understand it, the system has kicked back a couple of reviews because the ladies had not provided me any references. Is my understanding correct that we are to ask for a reference before writing a review? Thanks.

1 minute ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

I thought they monitored all posts...

They do, but only for disciplinary action. If you want a direct reply, then you need to ask them directly. See the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page?

1 minute ago, Bit Banger said:

They do, but only for disciplinary action. If you want a direct reply, then you need to ask them directly. See the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page?

Or click menu-forum-staff! :)

24 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I didn't "want" a direct reply.

4 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

As I understand it, the system has kicked back a couple of reviews because the ladies had not provided me any references. Is my understanding correct that we are to ask for a reference before writing a review? Thanks.

New reviewers must obtain a reference from an established user before submitting a review.

We are requesting all reviewers obtain references whenever possible.

2 hours ago, TheWhisperer said:

New reviewers must obtain a reference from an established user before submitting a review.

We are requesting all reviewers obtain references whenever possible.

Thank you

7 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

I didn't "want" a direct reply.

The mods would be the obvious knowledgeable people, who could answer your question. It just makes sense to ask them. 

33 minutes ago, pfunk said:

The mods would be the obvious knowledgeable people, who could answer your question. It just makes sense to ask them. 

I've read the rules and don't see any mention of this one, which is fine. If so and because it's important the rest of us noobs know, there is no better place for it than the forums. I want to play by the rules, so please direct me to anything I missed.

Incidentally, asking "when did that start?" when I asked her to provide me the reference so I may review, the provider didn't know either and, despite no issues that I know of with the visit, hasn't provided it to me. Not that they have to by any means but, assuming she and/or others won't, how will other noobs establish themselves, know who's worth visiting and perhaps most importantly, who to stay away from?

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

To add, even with no references I imagine providers will feel more comfort seeing a hobbyist that is active one and two, having the ability to get a reference from those providers themselves.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

11 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

To add, even with no references I imagine providers will feel more comfort seeing a hobbyist that is active 

That's not been my experience as a provider, and I'm only speaking for myself. I believed that when I was starting out on TOB until I had a couple guys that were active but complete assholes. I learned pretty fast the value of actually reaching out to multiple references and getting a feel for what the guy is actually like in his sessions with the ladies. How he treated them, was he a gentleman, would they actually recommend him as a client. There are hobbyists that rack up reviews/references from well established ladies, and then treat new providers like crap, push, boundaries, not respect their rules, etc. 

1 minute ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I learned pretty fast the value of actually reaching out to multiple references and getting a feel for what the guy is actually like in his sessions with the ladies. How he treated them, was he a gentleman, would they actually recommend him as a client.

" and two, having the ability to get a reference from those providers themselves."

On 8/25/2018 at 7:22 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

" and two, having the ability to get a reference from those providers themselves."

As far as TOB goes,?

11 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

I've read the rules and don't see any mention of this one, which is fine. If so and because it's important the rest of us noobs know, there is no better place for it than the forums. I want to play by the rules, so please direct me to anything I missed.

It's not a rules issue. You asked a question and several members guided you to the best people to reach out to, to get the answer to your question. I'm not sure why you didnt find their comments helpful. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It's not a rules issue. You asked a question and several members guided you to the best people to reach out to, to get the answer to your question. I'm not sure why you didnt find their comments helpful. 

Yes, I would have gotten my answer had I done what they suggested, but how would the community know of this evidently new rule? I'm obviously not the only one getting reviews kicked back.

4 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Yes, I would have gotten my answer had I done what they suggested, but how would the community know of this evidently new rule? I'm obviously not the only one getting reviews kicked back.

They would have followed the very 1st suggestion from megan and contacted a moderator. Seems simple enough to me. You asked, she answered, a thank you response maybe, and problem solved. 

8 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

They would have followed the very 1st suggestion from megan and contacted a moderator. Seems simple enough to me. You asked, she answered, a thank you response maybe, and problem solved. 

What's simple to me is this rule will affect the noobs' ability to establish themselves and your business as a result.

2 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

What's simple to me is this rule will affect the noobs' ability to establish themselves and your business as a result.

Thems the rules. We just play by them, and make it work. 

On 8/25/2018 at 7:26 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

As far as TOB goes,?

Well since your a "noob".... prior to you joining TOB.... there was a ridiculous influx of new "fly by night" providers using fake pics and providing poor companionship.... there was even fake profiles created to write reviews! The influx caused a huge amount of new reviews and no refs... The mods can run TOB as they please even with unlisted rules! They're here to protect themselves as well as protect the hobby community.... 

Let's try to not be so defensive on the forum.... we are a family here... and we were trying to help you! 

If you dont like the opinions of others... you can ignore them... or you can find another playground....😁

8 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Nope. That just means the mods want you to see the ladies who are established so we can help weed out the fakes! 😁

Lots of established NEWBIE FRIENDLY ladies on the board!! Get on that horse and ride!!

1 minute ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Nope. That just means the mods want you to see the ladies who are established so we can help weed out the fakes! 😁

That makes no sense! Most "established ladies" won't see noobs who now can't get established because no one knows they're not fakes! But, I'm done. Thanks for your "help".

Just now, Hobby Hobbit said:

That makes no sense! Most "established ladies" won't see noobs who now can't get established because no one knows they're not fakes! But, I'm done. Thanks for your "help".

Again.... NEWBIE FRIENDLY ESTABLISHED PROVIDERS.... theres lots of them! Please feel free to PM me for suggestions!! :) We are provider friendly providers!! We want to help you find your ATF And get established here! 

Something's wrong with this guy. I'm not going to respond any further; maybe we should all do that. 

As a noob, I encountered the same thing when I tried to write a review. No problem. I asked the provider for a reference, and when it was done, I  wrote the review. I've since asked for, and gotten references, and then wrote reviews. Yeah, it wasn't spelled out ahead of time that newbies needed references before writing a review, but geez, it's not a big deal, and I just did as requested. Pretty simple.

23 hours ago, Just Another Guy said:

As a noob, I encountered the same thing when I tried to write a review. No problem. I asked the provider for a reference, and when it was done, I  wrote the review. I've since asked for, and gotten references, and then wrote reviews. Yeah, it wasn't spelled out ahead of time that newbies needed references before writing a review, but geez, it's not a big deal, and I just did as requested. Pretty simple.

I'm glad it's working out for you, Guy. I'm sure the policy works really well for providers, who hold the cards.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:35 PM, Hobby Hobbit said:

Incidentally, asking "when did that start?" when I asked her to provide me the reference so I may review, the provider didn't know either and, despite no issues that I know of with the visit, hasn't provided it to me. Not that they have to by any means but, assuming she and/or others won't, how will other noobs establish themselves, know who's worth visiting and perhaps most importantly, who to stay away from?

You may want to start with this piece of the puzzle, it looks like clue in the shape of a red flag.Then add into the equation a negative and argumentative forum presence and you can bet that a lot of ladies are taking preemptive measures.Just an unbiased opinion from another perspective.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:49 PM, Just Another Guy said:

My Newbie Hobby Hero😊

On 08/25/2018 at 6:49 PM, Just Another Guy said:

I would agree, and it is not hard to see these beautiful women if you dont act like an entitled jack wagon. A little respect for these ladies goes a long way. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.