Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daaacz

Pool hall

13 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm going to be visiting the area soon and was wondering if anyone knows of a good pool hall near the DTC. I'll be stuck at the DTC without a car, but I can UberLyft if necessary. Also, if anyone is interested in playing a game or two, I'd be totally amenable.

Thanks!

If you take the light rail downtown (recommended for many reasons), you can visit Tarantula Billiards at 15th and Stout, a really interesting old-school pool hall.  The new location doesn't have quite the flavor the old one did, but it is still pretty cool.  Usually have free pool if you buy food and liquor (limited hours).  Misspent a bit of my youth at the old location.  Might want to meet a Denver provider there for a beer and pool, I have heard of a few that might enjoy such an afternoon or evening, especially with a suave gentleman such as yourself.

Edited by BadBoy

No pool halls in/near DTC. You might find a bar with a couple tables. Good luck! :)

Zanzibar on Larimer Street is a good option too. BadBoy's plan to take the light rail applies to this place as well. 

Been a few years, but, also like the pool room at Wynkoop Brewery. Right across the street from the train station, where the light rail goes to.

2 minutes ago, Kandi Apple said:

https://www.jdsbaitshopsportsbargrill.com/

This is on Arapahoe Rd and Boston St.

I've stopped in there a couple of minutes. 

The food is decent.

They have pool tables.

I thought they did, and it's literally walking distance from anywhere on the strip there. There's a sportswear across the street but I can't find it. They have tables too I think. I like JD's. 

Kandi is correct that's the closet place. not a straight up pool hall but if you are just looking to hit a few racks it should do. if you are a stick Badboys recommendation is spot on.

kandi, I bet you had to put up with a bunch of bad pick up lines in the minutes you where there. you probably temped to hit a few with a pool cue

43 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

There's a sportswear across the street but I can't find it. 

Sports Bar...FUCKIN AUTOCORRECT!

21 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

https://www.jdsbaitshopsportsbargrill.com/

This is on Arapahoe Rd and Boston St.

I've stopped in there a couple of minutes. 

The food is decent.

They have pool tables.

I know I’m late to this party but reminiscing about my good old days tells me that I should throw in how much I loved JD’s Bait Shop!  If I was one of the guys with bad pick up lines there Kandi, I apologize :) but damn that was a great place and probably still is!!  I wouldn’t pass this place up, my friend.  It’s a decent place with good food, cold beer and pretty friendly people...at least it was back in 2007...

Thanks for all the great intel. Looks like the light rail will be my salvation on this trip.