Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnnybgood

new vetting process?

33 posts in this topic

Had a new one hit me recently from a provider who asked for a pic from me prior to our meeting (said she wanted to know what to expect upon my arrival)

So does this raise any red flags to anyone out there or is this just a new way for some to feel more comfortable?  Would you reply back with a pic or turn and exit stage left?

Thanks for your time...

In my opinion it is a red flag. I've never been asked for a picture and I would never send one.

It is not something I would do.  It may not be a red flag for some, but is out of my comfort zone and I would move on to someone else.

Maybe they want the picture so they know that it might be worth seeing you or not?

Maybe cops can't send pics? 

Every lady screens differently.... on occasion I ask for a pic if I get a weird.vibe.... (this doesn't happen with guys who have lots of reviews or a forum presence) if.youre uncomfortable..move on! So many fish in the TOB sea!

It sounds like someone who feels that a pic will protect them from LE....(or most likely someone who does not know how to screen)

... asking for pics (from either party) could be a red flag...and it truly doesn't tell anyone anything.

I typically DO ask a brief description, because if you tell me you are 5'9 175" 50 yrs old and a 6'4" 35yr old guy shows up to my door...then we have a Serious problem. (I know it sounds inconceivable-but that little bit of screening actually saved me from seeing a future murderer back in New England once as the person described did not match a corporate picture i dug up on the person he was trying to pose as. I confronted him and asked - he admitted to using a co-workers identity and then his face was plastered on national news and 20/20 2 months later) 

If it's a lady that you really want to see, why not ask her Why she needs a pic (politely), explain your concern for discretion and ask if there is any alternative way to make her feel comfortable. otherwise, there are many who are more savvy on how to screen invisibly and make a gent more comfortable.

36 minutes ago, MelindaMadison said:

If it's a lady that you really want to see, why not ask her Why she needs a pic (politely), explain your concern for discretion and ask if there is any alternative way to make her feel comfortable. otherwise, there are many who are more savvy on how to screen invisibly and make a gent more comfortable.

I agree. I just met with a gent and he mentioned a couple prior ladies ( a year or so on TOB) asking for his pic. He happily passed on this form of screening and Asked me why The hell would he send  PROOF he may be cheating, or lying on his SO to have a quick romp in the hay. " Sure! I am gonna send my pic to ANOTHER WOMAN??" what Ever!! (Were his words)... Something that can bite him later???. I DO agree with this. This is an UNATTACHED business. It is supposed to be a secret...You having a Clients Photo in your Phone is Not unattached or even safe... What if you lose your phone? What if YOU get arrested?? What if You have nosey tablet grabbing kids, or a SO.?? Its Not Our business what You look like. Its our business to Cater to your likes. The Only pics that should ever circulate in the hobby are Already Online. 

What someone looks like is NO indicator of whether they will be safe. "Look, see? I'm a nice guy"-almost every caucasian serial killer

1 hour ago, MelindaMadison said:

What someone looks like is NO indicator of whether they will be safe. "Look, see? I'm a nice guy"-almost every caucasian serial killer

Charles Manson looked whacked, but Ted Bundy ...

8 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Hmmm!  Maybe it’s time for clients to start sending fake pictures. (good for the goose, good for the gander) 

I’m sure Ted Bundy won’t mind. 

😁😄😁😤

Edited by Bit Banger

11 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Had a new one hit me recently from a provider who asked for a pic from me prior to our meeting (said she wanted to know what to expect upon my arrival)

So does this raise any red flags to anyone out there or is this just a new way for some to feel more comfortable?  Would you reply back with a pic or turn and exit stage left?

Thanks for your time...

Not a red flag for ME!. But I don’t send selfies nor pics from a cell phone. I have a standard G rated pic that I send via email only, either upon request or voluntarily for her viewing pleasure?😎

Edited by a_happycamper_12
Spelling

I think it is a great idea!  That way the officer can tie you to your chain of texts - no denying that it was you after you send a photo.  Cagey devils aren't they?

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Be nice.

In 1980, I was 21 and someone told me that I looked like Charles Manson, so for Halloween I drew an 'X' on my forehead and went as Charles Manson.

I have been asked a couple times and have declined.  I suggested that the TOB references were better than my selfie.  I think I will start sending a pic though.  Just gonna use my little brothers picture since his pics are all over media anyhow.......  You may know him better by his stage name Shrek!

Maybe all us guys should just swap pictures of each other and really confuse the hell out of things...  :D

I have been known to send bitmojis. It’s a cartoon avatar of yourself. It’s amazing. I’m pretty sure I send at least one a day via text. It’s setup as a keyboard so just as easy as a emoji but more personal. But I’ve sent some to providers I’ve seen before. I like to think it helps them remember who I am if it’s been a while. 

It’s not something I use to screen, and your appearance has not affect whether not we visit. My faves are not 10’s. To each their own though...

15 hours ago, MelindaMadison said:

I agree totally! Looks are irelevent. Screening is so important. I have always screened, this Profession is to important not too. Be safe.

Requiring a gents picture is not a industry standard(I use that term loosely). But if that is what that particular provider requires ,then its her business.     Your appearance should not be a factor when seeing a provider. Your personality however has everything to do with meeting up.   And as of yet you cannot take a pic of your personality.🍀

Remember you have a choice as a client and I have a choice as a provider.  Only I have to wait for you to show up at the door to find out you look like someone forgot to show you how to take care of your grooming and hygiene? Unless you have refs and a profile with reviews I just might wanna see a pic. Now it would be your choice to send it or not,  be my choice to see you or not. 

Edited by Cherry aka Miya

10 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

And as of yet you cannot take a pic of your personality.🍀

In some cases you actually can:

zUve6p5.jpg?1

Edited by BadBoy

My earlier reply to this was a joke, of course. Kinda surprised I got a thumbs down on it.

The guys expect to see pictures of the ladies, so they can find someone that is appealing to them. Makes perfect sense. It also helps guys know what to expect when they meet a lady, and if photo doesn't match the lady, it sends up red-flags.

So, there is the question about a guy sending a photo, if requested.  A guy doesn't have to, and as has already been mentioned, refusing to send one can result in a lady refusing to see the guy. That's fair. But, guys have to worry about being exposed, and who's hands the photos will land in.  Also reasonable.

If a guy's photo is already out there in the ether, there may be a way to just send a link to it, if the link was to a site that wasn't identifiable. Maybe a free Dropbox account tied to the guys user name here, and the dropbox containing just a photo?  Clunky, yes, but it might work.

Just thinking out loud.

I recently had someone, who I wanted to meet, ask me for an intimate photo of myself, apparently in lieu of references. Is that a new thing? I'm not sure I understand the thinking. I'd probably get an instantaneous rejection anyway...

On 8/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, johnnybgood said:

Thanks for your time...

When a provider ask me to send pics, its a 90 percent chance I will not be visiting this provider. Does it raise flags, not really but it does tell me that this provider is most likely not my cup of tea.

That’s a deal breaker. No way I would ever consider sending a pic. If that’s the way she wants to conduct her BUSINESS, that’s fine with me. I will keep putting adding the notches up without her. 

Gook luck with that!

19 hours ago, BadBoy said:

In some cases you actually can:

zUve6p5.jpg?1

Oh man! That is perfect. I could not agree more. What a tard. Sorry...i do not nean to hijack the thread. But i had to comment.

Depends on who it is...  If it's one of the regulars on this board, I'd consider it.  If not, I'd have to go with @BadBoy and politely say "No thank you, officer."

Gotta do what you gotta do to hobby safe.  Respect needs to flow both ways.  And if it makes you un-comfy, respect it and move on.  Guaranteed right around the bend is a gal who likes to date exactly the same as you do soup to nuts:)