Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ironman318

Goodbye Aretha, the Queen of Soul

19 posts in this topic

She could steal any stage or any scene as she did in the "The Blues Brothers."

Omg! RIP to the QUEEN. I hadn’t heard. I haven’t even turned my telly on yet. This is my favorite Aretha song. It makes me so happy! 

So many great songs and memories of her and Motown in general growing up!

Another Legendary Icon Gone. :(

The Queen of Soul is Finally at peace. Her painful battle over. 

I've run out of rep's for the day.  Otherwise I would rep all that posted on this thread.  Aretha will always be the queen.  Check out some of her Beatles covers.  What a voice....what a woman...what a loss.  She left us while people who loved her were by her side.  She made every song her own.  We'll be doing "Chain of Fools" in her memory this weekend.  And our vocals won't hold a candle to hers, but we'll do our best to channel her spirit.  I told a friend that she was a national treasure and he corrected me...by saying she was an international treasure.  

14 hours ago, average1 said:

I've run out of rep's for the day.  Otherwise I would rep all that posted on this thread.  Aretha will always be the queen.  Check out some of her Beatles covers.  What a voice....what a woman...what a loss.  She left us while people who loved her were by her side.  She made every song her own.  We'll be doing "Chain of Fools" in her memory this weekend.  And our vocals won't hold a candle to hers, but we'll do our best to channel her spirit.  I told a friend that she was a national treasure and he corrected me...by saying she was an international treasure.  

She was A true Queen. I rarely cry when a Star passes. This one Hurt :(

She was truly a class act and amazing talent. 

The Queen of Soul and the King of Rock passed on the same day, 41 years apart. Coincidence?  Yeah probably, but food for thought anyway.

While it's sad that she's gone, I sure am glad she lived, and I got to hear her music! She'll bring me joy 'til I pass.

12 hours ago, Chrissy said:

She was A true Queen. I rarely cry when a Star passes. This one Hurt :(

Me too....

Steely Dan, "Hey Nineteen"....

Google it "she don't remember the queen of soul"

Good bye Aretha, the word is a lesser place with your passing.

Damn it all......

On 8/16/2018 at 0:07 PM, Just Jos said:

Omg! RIP to the QUEEN. I hadn’t heard. I haven’t even turned my telly on yet. This is my favorite Aretha song. It makes me so happy! 

One of my faves, thanks for posting this.....

I was never really a fan of her music but I did enjoy her songs. It is a shame that all the good talent is going away.

What a spectacle it turned out to be, you have a preacher groping Ariana Grande and making racist comments about her name. Then she shows up to the funeral dressed like a street walker. Then you have these idiot celebreties turn the funeral into an event to trash Trump. Way to keep it classy.

1 hour ago, Mr.Pink said:

What a spectacle it turned out to be, you have a preacher groping Ariana Grande and making racist comments about her name. Then she shows up to the funeral dressed like a street walker. Then you have these idiot celebreties turn the funeral into an event to trash Trump. Way to keep it classy.

Feel free not to watch it. Nobody forced you. Of course, then you'd miss the opportunity to spew negative half-truths, and put down people who've posted here. What a helpful guy you are!