BeenHereDoingThis

It's a Business

45 posts in this topic

It looks desperate on our part. If a gentleman has asked that I contact him next time I’m visiting, and I’m sure my contact method is secure(PM, email or he has said text is ok), I do. I’d hate to send a sexy pic as a co-worker is leaning over his shoulder or worse, his wife or kids. My best retention method is providing good, fun service. I have ads up, and if a past client would like to visit, I assume he’ll call. 

Oh yeah, another successful day.  The bodies are buried deep, finger prints wiped clean and video erased.  Gotta love when a plan comes together!

And I have managed to stir up another hornets nest here and once again prove that we are all individuals with different ideas.

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I see where this is going... This post reminds me of a post from one of the Eccie guys, who was trying to explain to us, why it would be better over all for the provider to lower her rates, because then she would get more clients, and in return make more money. 😂😂😂

Yes, I'm sure you're just thinking about the girls, and our business, and how we can make more sales, and just curious about the hobby.  Ummm...I'm going to call bullshit. Lol.

Wouldn't it be nice... if all you had to do is sit back, while all these beautiful, amazing, sexual girls were hitting you up day and night, vying for your business? I mean wouldn't that be every guys dream? Then you could in turn remind them of all the competition they are up against, all the calls you are getting, and in return attempt to get a lower rate, because it's either that, or they don't get your business.  Doesn't this sound like great advice ladies? Why are we not jumping all over this?

I'm sorry, but I for one am not in the telemarketing business. I'll stick to my trusted advertising sites, and continue giving great service, and rely on a good reputation, and word of mouth. That seems to be working out pretty good for me.

So uhmmm no.  This was never about rates.  Actually From my limited experience here the "market" is very reasonable for value received. God I hate saying it like that but there it is. I have not and will not negotiate or haggle.  Donation for time is my last question to a provider.  Only one time did I get a number that was beyond  my budget and I politely declined.  One YL in particular has bumped her rate a couple of times and I have matched her all along.  Never asked for a "regular discount" and never will.  The "regular" benefits are the smooth easy relationship we have developed not financial.  I am sure I am weird, been told that before, but drop your donation to a hundo and I will pass.  If that is the value you place on your service then its not for me.  Let me lay a real shocker on you here.  I WANT you ladies to THRIVE!   I can do math well enough to know that you can't do that with cheaper numbers.  All that would do is make you work harder to maintain the same place you are.  It just seems that happy and successful ladies are way more fun to spend time with.  

Uhmmm another no, at least for me.  I don't want all of the ladies to be bombing my inbox.  I would really like some real communication consistency but that is a whole other issue.  What I am talking about is a past provider reaching out after a couple months saying hey.  I can't help it but I like that.  Yes she was going through her contact list and knows I'm not LE well duhhh.  Same for me as I know she is not LE either.  Yes there is a financial transaction implied, again duhhh.  Her reaching out reminded me that we did have a pleasant interlude.  For some of us it is a very pleasant surprise to hear from a YL that is willing to spend some more quality time with us.

Ok my turn to call BS.  No reputable provider would reach out to a past client ever?  Double BS.  So when my ATF shoots me a text asking how my trip is going then she is just desperate for my money?  I am sorry but I find that insulting and demeaning.....

20 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Ok my turn to call BS.  No reputable provider would reach out to a past client ever?  Double BS.  So when my ATF shoots me a text asking how my trip is going then she is just desperate for my money?  I am sorry but I find that insulting and demeaning.....

My friends in the hobby and I reach out to each other all the time. No, it's never for me to get "sales."  It's because I genuinely make friends with many of my clients whether they ever see me for another session or not. My clients can attest to that. How other reputable or non reputable providers run their "business"  is completely up to them. As far as unsolicited business advice from someone who has never been a provider in this industry, I'll pass.  If I do want advice, I'll visit a trusted professional with several references from other trusted providers in this community.

Sometimes it is best to just let it go.  I think this is one of those times.  It was never my intention to criticize/counsel/advise/instruct anybody.  I only mentioned my own experience to illustrate where my orientation was coming from hoping to understand this culture better.  There is so much that is contradictory in the hobbyist it sometimes feels like a minefield.

30 minutes ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

Sometimes it is best to just let it go.  I think this is one of those times.  It was never my intention to criticize/counsel/advise/instruct anybody.  I only mentioned my own experience to illustrate where my orientation was coming from hoping to understand this culture better.  There is so much that is contradictory in the hobbyist it sometimes feels like a minefield.

I agree it's best to let it go. I apologize for being rude earlier. This is definitely one my buttons. Moving on.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:41 PM, Cecilia said:

Because we value your privacy, and discretion is absolutely vital.

Business retention goes flaccid when the wifey sees your phone light up with a  "sales" text from Ms. Suzie Creampie.

LMFAO!

I'm not sure it's feasible to assume providers can remember who's married and who's not.

Yo Susie Creampie! You’re the funniest woman I have yet to meet. I think this would be very exciting as long as it’s a PM here. I turned off all my notifications so I would never know till I signed in. I agree though, if my phone lit up at a meeting or at home when I’m in company, that could be just a bit awkward...

On 8/16/2018 at 0:05 AM, Admiral C said:

Think of it this way: You want her booty...she wants your money.  She will feel just as jerky and desperate reaching out to say...." Hey, I was just thinking about your money" as you would be reaching out to say " Hey, I was just thinking your booty".

A little honesty goes along way.

This works only if the provider is good at this "text marketing." If, between "keeping in touch" messages, they accidentally send a client a text* discussing their next heroin score, that's not a great look. (*true story)

I dont mind being contacted out of the blue, but my situation is such that no one is gonna check my phone. I get why providers don't do it.

I have played much for a while. My father passed a few months ago. I've taken to caring for my mother since then. She'll need assisted living at some point,  but just cant do that to her now. So my time's pretty limited. 3 of 4 ladies I've contacted in those months just wasted my time. I'd be all about ladies letting me know when they're passing by near me. But doesn't seem like a thing anyone should expect. 

22 minutes ago, jj254-1 said:

I dont mind being contacted out of the blue, but my situation is such that no one is gonna check my phone. I get why providers don't do it.

I have played much for a while. My father passed a few months ago. I've taken to caring for my mother since then. She'll need assisted living at some point,  but just cant do that to her now. So my time's pretty limited. 3 of 4 ladies I've contacted in those months just wasted my time. I'd be all about ladies letting me know when they're passing by near me. But doesn't seem like a thing anyone should expect. 

I am so sorry to read this. You must be having a rough time. Having gone through this recently myself, I just thought I'd say hello and that, it does get better. All the Best!

33 minutes ago, jj254-1 said:

Please accept my sincerest condolences. Grief is difficult, and being a caregiver can be overwhelming. Bless you.

17 hours ago, jj254-1 said:

So sorry for your loss.  It must be tough to deal with the loss and also having to be there for your mother.  Being there for your mother shows what a stand up guy you are.  I hope you find some time to do something good to yourself...in or out of the hobby.  Take care.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:49 PM, BeenHereDoingThis said:

So is a provider reaching out like this against some kind of rule?  

Yes. That is called solicitation and is against the law. No need to try to reinvent the wheel. It's been working just fine for many many decades (and beyond) the way it is. 

Edited by Nina Rox