BeenHereDoingThis

It's a Business

45 posts in this topic

I started to post a thought on another thread about unsolicited messages from providers but I am starting here because my thoughts are running in a different direction than that threads discussion.

So a provider I have seen before, couple months ago, sent me a text.  Just a quick reach out from her.  I responded that I have been busy but am now thinking I need to make a point to see her again.  She replied with a couple pics, nothing wild just a couple sexy pics.  So this happened this morning and I have been thinking about it today.  First of alli am going to make an appointment  for when I get back to Denver.  The bigger question is why this doesnt happen more.  Providers are independent business owners.  As such a large part of their job is sales.  Customer aquisition and customer retention are the priority.  Generate the leads, qualify the leads and close the leads.  Returning customers are the backbone for most businesses.  They don't need the upfront costs of advertising, qualifying, and closing.  So why doesn't this happen more. I know that Miss XXxX was just going through her past contacts and sent a quick text but it still was a bit of a rush that she reached out.  It sure reminded me of how much fun we had.  So is a provider reaching out like this against some kind of rule?  Is it considered gauche?  Why don't providers act proactively to close the sale once they are satisfied with screening?  I am genuinely curious here and trying to better understand the culture of the hobby.

"Is it considered gauche?" Yeah, kinda.

Not every gent is ok with getting an unsolicited message (eg. In a meeting, SO is in the room and sees the phone light up). If he says it's ok, it's ok, but most ladies will err on side of discretion.

I think it would be fine for the provider to reach out like this ONLY after making sure the guy is OK with it...

Hmm interesting thoughts and thank you.  I may be looking at things from a flawed perspective as I assume, yeah I know all about assuming, that most hobbyists would be using hobby phones.  A 40 dollar tracphone is cheap insurance.  I totally get how bad things could get with a RW phone.  

As far as the etiquette it almost feels like we are turning back the clock where the man has to pursue and the lady has to demure until the last minute.  Just the kind of rules that have confused me my whole life........

Think of it this way: You want her booty...she wants your money.  She will feel just as jerky and desperate reaching out to say...." Hey, I was just thinking about your money" as you would be reaching out to say " Hey, I was just thinking your booty".

15 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Think of it this way: You want her booty...she wants your money.  She will feel just as jerky and desperate reaching out to say...." Hey, I was just thinking about your money" as you would be reaching out to say " Hey, I was just thinking your booty".

I get what you are saying but that same line of thought can be applied to any sales transaction.  I did enough sales and know that the hardest part is asking for the sale.  I guess that may be why I am seeing things differently is that the squeamishness was trained out of us.  We weren't selling we were providing solutions to a clients needs.  Additionally we tried to develop a relationship with the client so they would come to us for their future needs.  My need is that I wish to spend some quiet time with a YL.  She can provide the solution by spending her time with me.  The money is just a value for value transaction.

So now we have it figured out.  34 years in Corporate America has twisted my brain into knots....

Text (or phone calls) might not be good for the previously stated reasons. But if you’re an active member of TOB what’s wrong with a PM?

i get PMs all the time from new YL trying to drum up business. I generally try to let them down gently because I see established ladies. But a PM from an friend I’ve seen several times before just might spark my interest to see her again (schedule & funds permitting).

7 hours ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

I started to post a thought on another thread about unsolicited messages from providers but I am starting here because my thoughts are running in a different direction than that threads discussion.

So a provider I have seen before, couple months ago, sent me a text.  Just a quick reach out from her.  I responded that I have been busy but am now thinking I need to make a point to see her again.  She replied with a couple pics, nothing wild just a couple sexy pics.  So this happened this morning and I have been thinking about it today.  First of alli am going to make an appointment  for when I get back to Denver.  The bigger question is why this doesnt happen more.  Providers are independent business owners.  As such a large part of their job is sales.  Customer aquisition and customer retention are the priority.  Generate the leads, qualify the leads and close the leads.  Returning customers are the backbone for most businesses.  They don't need the upfront costs of advertising, qualifying, and closing.  So why doesn't this happen more. I know that Miss XXxX was just going through her past contacts and sent a quick text but it still was a bit of a rush that she reached out.  It sure reminded me of how much fun we had.  So is a provider reaching out like this against some kind of rule?  Is it considered gauche?  Why don't providers act proactively to close the sale once they are satisfied with screening?  I am genuinely curious here and trying to better understand the culture of the hobby.

I can’t tell you HOW often I get texts and/or messages from ladies I’ve seen or NOT seen. Wanting to see me, or hoping to get together. Frankly, I enjoy it. My hobby phone ☎️ is very private. If I can’t answer I don’t.

And one lady and I have become such good friends we text DAILY. Just to see how each other is doing! 

This is another case of "one size does not fit all".  Some gents don't want to be contacted out of the blue and that is completely understandable.  Some prefer PM's on the board.  I know this is a business, but there are some ladies I've met, and I've let them know it is okay to contact me via text.  And PM's are always welcomed.  I do ask that if they text, please don't do it in the middle of the night.  For most, I have no illusions about the reason for most of the texts.  However, for some, we really do just keep in touch and chat via text.  Depends on the lady.  There are a variety of ways to make and keep connections, and various ways to make this a fun hobby.

IMO I cannot keep up with hobby phones and rw phones.... if I know you have a hobby phone And we communicate outside of business that's one thing, if I want to reach out to someone I dont talk to regularly I will definitely use PM. 

Contacting a gent on a rw phone could definitely cause as many issues for a lady as for the gent.... and personally I dont have time to deal with it...

Although I save numbers for future references,  I NEVER text or call even when a guy says, “let me know when you’re back in town”. It’s not my job to let someone know I’m around. Although it’s nice, there’s far too many that I wouldn’t know who said I could contact them. That’s just my opinion though. It also screams desperate for business ,again that’s just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

I can’t tell you HOW often I get texts and/or messages from ladies I’ve seen or NOT seen. Wanting to see me, or hoping to get together. Frankly, I enjoy it. My hobby phone ☎️ is very private. If I can’t answer I don’t.

And one lady and I have become such good friends we text DAILY. Just to see how each other is doing! 

PMs I can understand but how are you getting random texts from people you haven’t seen or know? Is your number posted out there?

And for those wanting to be contacted why not just put “Ok to contact randomly” or something along that line in their tags? Or would that be against the rules?

1 minute ago, Laci French said:

I keep in touch with so many of my friends on a daily/weekly and some just on holidays. I would never ask a gentleman friend to come see me for business. This imo is desperation and bordering on rude. 

I do call, text or email my friends asking how the surgery went, how little ones are doing, send pics from vacay and how did the big job deal turnout.  My communication is on a personal level and of course I ask to go lunch/dinner to catch up. This should be no shocker to anyone because I love to eat😂

I love your attitude, Laci. I am pretty sure the guys who see you as friend also find you on the top of their"must see again soon" list. 

Your whole brand is attractive.

Just now, JoDoe27 said:

PMs I can understand but how are you getting random texts from people you haven’t seen or know? Is your number posted out there?

And for those wanting to be contacted why not just put “Ok to contact randomly” or something along that line in their tags? Or would that be against the rules?

Let me clarify!

Ladies I’ve messaged and or texted before.🙂

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Text (or phone calls) might not be good for the previously stated reasons. But if you’re an active member of TOB what’s wrong with a PM?

i get PMs all the time from new YL trying to drum up business. I generally try to let them down gently because I see established ladies. But a PM from an friend I’ve seen several times before just might spark my interest to see her again (schedule & funds permitting).

Good point.  Take the phone out of the equation and use PMs.  It would actually be more convenient  in some ways.  

I have a verrrrrry big client that I work with.  Their work has an eb and flo to it.  Some weeks we talk a couple times a day and then I wont hear from them.  If I havent heard from them for a couple weeks I will call a couple of my contacts there just to touch bases.  I dont expect them to make up work for me but it is important to maintain the networking.  Just a quick convo insures that their lack of recent contact is not due to them "firing" me.  

Of cou

17 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Let me clarify!

Ladies I’ve messaged and or texted before.🙂

Not only that, I have had Ladies (theotherboard members) see my reviews, posts, etc. contact me. Via pm

I would like to clarify again that in no way am I being critical of anybody.  I am trying to understand and learn here.  My problem is that I am mentally trying to compare Apple's and oranges here.  I really shouldn't let my mind wander.  It is too small to be out alone.

So I Owe, I Owe, it's off to work I go!!!!!!

BHDT punching out!!!!

2 hours ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

I would like to clarify again that in no way am I being critical of anybody.  I am trying to understand and learn here.  My problem is that I am mentally trying to compare Apple's and oranges here.  I really shouldn't let my mind wander.  It is too small to be out alone.

So I Owe, I Owe, it's off to work I go!!!!!!

BHDT punching out!!!!

What? I thought THIS was my job! 😎

Her business Is slow. And she knows the Saved #'s in her phone Are not LE . . You got the same pics she sent to the other 10 guys she texted. Fishing for an appointment is not New practice. Its been around since cell phones became a NEED!

It is a HIGHLY unprofessional act and Should not even happen as often as it does. this is just my opinion..

18 hours ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

I get what you are saying but that same line of thought can be applied to any sales transaction.  I did enough sales and know that the hardest part is asking for the sale.  I guess that may be why I am seeing things differently is that the squeamishness was trained out of us.  We weren't selling we were providing solutions to a clients needs.  Additionally we tried to develop a relationship with the client so they would come to us for their future needs.  My need is that I wish to spend some quiet time with a YL.  She can provide the solution by spending her time with me.  The money is just a value for value transaction.

So now we have it figured out.  34 years in Corporate America has twisted my brain into knots....

You see it as us "asking" for sales!! Hello we are not asking for shit besides your money😂 

12 hours ago, BeenHereDoingThis said:

You stated:  Why doesn't this happen more? In my opinion, I think some women are taught that means that they are desperate or if a guy wants to see them, he will contact her. For me, thats one of the best ways for me to notice you is to get a pm LOL. When I am AVAILABLE, I am usually trying to see my FRIENDS because we have been talking/texting daily. Contact me WHENEVER LOL, 3 am or 7 pm, if I am AVAILABLE you will get a reply, if not, you will get a reply when I am not BUSY.  Its my phone and The SAVIOR FAIRE is the only one in POSSESSION of it, no girlfriend/wife. So with that said, I LOVE being contacted by my friends. Its flattering and an honor for me. Why, because I GENUINELY am interested in much more than a SESSION if we CONNECT. OBVIOUSLY its something about me that they like for them to stay in touch. I don't see it as DESPERATE because these are some TOP NOTCH PROFESSIONAL WOMEN that I shoot the shit with and I know its virtually IMPOSSIBLE for them to stay in touch with every CLIENT in the same manor, its way too time consuming. Besides, every guy/girl has their ALL TIME FAVORITE FRIEND....................I will say this much, I love seeing my FRIENDS..........................

It's still a rush that such a beautiful lady wants to communicate with me!   That probably sounds pathetic, but I'm an introvert at heart and it's a real emotion for those like me.

It's still a rush that such a beautiful lady wants to communicate with me!   That probably sounds pathetic, but I'm an introvert at heart and it's a real emotion for those like me.

16 hours ago, Cecilia said:

Because we value your privacy, and discretion is absolutely vital.

Business retention goes flaccid when the wifey sees your phone light up with a  "sales" text from Ms. Suzie Creampie.

LMFAO!

I'm not sure it's feasible to assume providers can remember who's married and who's not.

I can just hear my SO say, "Who was that ?" Oh, that one of my creampuffs honey, and now I'm deadmeat.

Edited by Mike940370

BTW, How do you guys do a hobby phone, you gotta keep it charged,  what if wifey finds it? "Oh honey, somebody must  have left that in my car?"

Edited by Mike940370

8 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I'm sorry, but I for one am not in the telemarketing business. I'll stick to my trusted advertising sites, and continue giving great service, and rely on a good reputation, and word of mouth. That seems to be working out pretty good for me.

While I have no objection to being contacted by any provider, I agree with this opinion^^^^^. It's how I run my own business! :)