Jez UaBriain

Text or talk?

34 posts in this topic

I prefer No Text and email is OK 

All are redirected to complete a contact form on my website.

The inquiring gentleman is going to have to call at some point as I like to speak to who it is directly.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

I don’t understand this. It’s just as easy to discard an annoying text as an annoying email.

Why the difference?

The difference is email doesn't wake me up at 2am, a text does and so does the phone when it rings. 

8 minutes ago, Zelda Runner said:

The difference is email doesn't wake me up at 2am, a text does and so does the phone when it rings. 

Got it. 🧐

My phone beeps when I get new email, so I didn’t see this as a distinction.  Maybe WE need to turn our phones off at night. 😮

The methodology of texting is also (in a post Sesta/Fosta environment and BP closure) attracting the dregs of society (pimps, time wasters, one-liners, dic pics) more than ever right now. the buzz behind the scenes is a Lot of frustration from ladies as the onslaught continues. sifting thru them all is a nightmare.   I did an experiment and did a text app for 2 days. it yielded over 200 responses...ZERO of them could be deemed a potential client. 

Plus, again... many guys can't "lock down" their extra phones/phone apps as discreetly as passworded emails from their SO's - and getting a call/text from a SO really sucks and can be a risk to the guy...

Direct contact methods may be largely going by the wayside again if the fuckery continues for many providers. More and more are transitioning to auto-replies on texting apps and emails again and the conversation is fierce via our social media contacts (Twitter etc)  

It's a gentleman's hard earned money- and i get the convenience of immediacy- but it should also be worth writing a full sentence or two and an introduction to a lady prior to moving forward. It yields MUCH better sexy results than "are you available?"- which some are not even capable of typing anymore via text.