Jez UaBriain

Text or talk?

34 posts in this topic

What do you prefer when contacting a lady? I prefer that gentlemen use both. Initially, I will either get a phone call or a text. If text, I will generally initiate a phone conversation.  But when it comes to a booking I like to have that done with text.  It sort of cements the deal  with nothing lost in the translation. Especially when it comes to addresses,times and room numbers. This gives me a clear and precise knowledge of when and where for out calls. 

What are your views on this?±🍀

Text or email.

As mentioned, easiest way to convey when/where accurately. Also, not running into the situation where/when you cannot discreetly make/take a call and chat. The text/email method also works well for getting the "sorry, can't see you today, how about Tuesday" message vs. possible unintelligible voicemail being left and or previous not in a place where you can take a call now.

I prefer texting/emailing.  I do talk as well, but I find it difficult to hobby talk while I'm running around doing my thing everyday. It can get pretty awkward sometimes around other people. When I'm talking awkwardly, or in code, or I have to be short on the phone, it changes the experience. To add to your question...how awkward is it for you when you have TOB or p411 or Eros up on your phone screen, in line somewhere, lost in messaging or screening, and updating your profile, and you realize there are people around you that can see what your seeing? Lol. That happened to me today. 

I don't really care one way or another but have found that generally when contacting a YL for the first time my call goes to voice mail.  So have resorted to text as my first avanue of contact unless she specifically says no texting.  I find that text seems to streamline the process.

Im glad there will be a discussion on this topic.

I prefer both too. First contact by phone for introduction. You can get a feeling of what’s to come from one call. During the conversation commitments to send references and hopefully find out rates and general location. This is the key for me. If I don’t get rate info then,  after references are texted I will get the rate part. 

Most recentley all has been done by text. It is great when the lady has a website that covers rates, services and what is expected of me. The  “ eye” part of the tob provider ad is also very helpful. There can be lots of useful info there too. 

I text ( I am horrible at texting) or Email first but do like to talk before appointment.  Always comfirlm by text or email.

I guess I am going to buck the trend here.  I tend to start with a PM here with introduction and a little info about me.  My thinking is that it is a shortcut for a lady that wants to at least peak at my profile for screening or wants the references,  Trying to make step one do double duty as intro and establishing legitimacy for her comfort.  Usually then move to primarily text although I really want to actually have a phone convo before we meet.  Let instinct work and we both feel more comfortable hearing a voice prior to meeting.  Text for directions and confirmation always.

Edited by BeenHereDoingThis
posted before finished

22 minutes ago, wglide2003 said:

I text ( I am horrible at texting) or Email first but do like to talk before appointment.  Always comfirlm by text or email.

I'm horrible with typing on the phone or my computer!   My typing skills are ancient. Seriously its embarrassing. 😕

30 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I prefer texting/emailing.  I do talk as well, but I find it difficult to hobby talk while I'm running around doing my thing everyday. It can get pretty awkward sometimes around other people. When I'm talking awkwardly, or in code, or I have to be short on the phone, it changes the experience. To add to your question...how awkward is it for you when you have TOB or p411 or Eros up on your phone screen, in line somewhere, lost in messaging or screening, and updating your profile, and you realize there are people around you that can see what your seeing? Lol. That happened to me today. 

I’m with you Hunter Dear, Phones are notorious for breaking up, garbled sound, and lost connection!

Text, PM, or email. I've only had 2 that have felt it necessary to have a phone conversation prior. I'm fine with that too. I'm very limited on phone convos and that's gonna be for biz or on occasion when we need to speak to one another, usually personal related as opposed to appt discussion tho. 

56 minutes ago, Jez UaBriain said:

What do you prefer when contacting a lady? I prefer that gentlemen use both. Initially, I will either get a phone call or a text. If text, I will generally initiate a phone conversation.  But when it comes to a booking I like to have that done with text.  It sort of cements the deal  with nothing lost in the translation. Especially when it comes to addresses,times and room numbers. This gives me a clear and precise knowledge of when and where for out calls. 

I prefer actually talking with someone texting is difficult with one fat finger which continually hits the wrong keys and voice to text where somehow my accent becomes different words on the screen but in the end it all breaks down to whatever is the requested form of communication. Making sure that there are no miscommunication or  misunderstandings is the biggest part of making arrangements that turn into happy times

1 hour ago, Jez UaBriain said:

I always prefer text.... I really don't like talking on the phone (even with close friends and family), just something about talking in the phone that makes me uncomfortable for some reason and that's just in general for anything to be honest

Good afternoon to all. Long day in my yard cleaning up the mess from the latest Fricking, fracking, fu*cking freaking hail storm!!

I kinda got the impression a pm through the TOB venue was the preferred way to initiate contact with the ladies. 

I am not good at texting, I fact I am awful. I get real frustrated by that feature that anticipates words. My clumsy fingers seem to hit the send button way before I am finished.

Of course if she asks for a text first then text it is. Just may take me three or four attempts to get the question ask.

I have disabled my incoming calls.  I prefer text, email, Twitter or PM.  I’ve learned over the years that too many pervs call us while they have their dick in hand and want to “chat” about what to expect and what I’ll be wearing.  If it’s not a masturbation call then it’s likely someone wanting to ask questions that I will not answer, or a client I decided to no longer see or not meet.  

Since disabling incoming calls I’ve noticed less time wasters, less time wasting pervs (I like pervs, just not the time wasting ones) and overall less daily stress and frustration.

I enjoy a nice phone conversation, but I will follow the request in her ad. P411 appt request is my first choice, but if she wants a text, email, PM, or call, I'll do that. Many times I send a P411 request, if nothing else is specified, and get a reply, and we're booked! I love that! :D

Being an introvert, I prefer text or email.   I realize that the ladies often need to have the comfort of actually talking to someone to make sure they are real.  So, if possible I text/email first and then follow directions.

I like either talk or text.  I usually make first contact by text but at some point I like to talk to them too. Like Jez mentioned, I like to text the meeting info.  That saved me just last week. I set up an appt thru text to meet the following day at 3. I texted again the morning of the meeting to confirm that we were still on for 3 which she replied we were. Then at 12:30 I check my phone too see several texts from her calling me every name in the book and saying that she was going to have me blacklisted. I replied back- what did I do?  She said that I had stood her up for our 12 meeting. I was able to say, go back over your texts. It was set for 3 and 12 was never mention.  Turns out she had me confused with the person that stood her up. 

I prefer Email or PM. If that doesn't work, then Text. And if that doesn't work either, then Phone. But I more than a few times I've not initiated contact because phone was the only means of communication offered.

I'm okay with a phone call after I've been able to introduce myself via other means. 

I prefer all email if possible. Since I don't have a hobby phone email is best for me to fly low under the radar.  With that said, I probably need to get a hobby phone, just hope I can remember to keep the phone somewhere safe. 

I'll put in my .02cents here. Call me Old School...but direct phone contact and texting (although it's slipped into this industry more and more over the last 15 yrs) is the cause of most of the drama/lack of discretion/frustration on both sides that i see posted on these forums.

I'm an email and screen and THEN arrange a "comfort for both of us call" prior to the actual date. (weeds out the insinceres pretty quickly, the 2am texters or callers) or miscommunication issues) I determined long ago, that i wanted to spend my time only with those that truly wanted to spend time with me vs "any hole in a storm" and that extra 2mins of effort to intro themselves through a typing medium has carried a long way in meeting really sweet guys. In the past, LE targeted the phone girls 1st cause in a sting it was fastest also. With throw away phones- conversing and info exchange with a complete stranger (could be a stalker, someone you said "no" to who got a new throwaway phone, pimp, etc- is like picking up a hitchhiker) 

It's HUGE for discretion of my clients also.  Admit it gents, it's a LOT easier to lock down your computer/email with passwords then having to worry about a throw-away phone (and justification of having it) or calls or texts that come thru from the prying eyes of a SO. I have NEVER, in all my years, been approached or contacted by a spouse, never had LE issues and (except with some recant onslaught of the "u avail" knuckleheads) - it's been super peaceful and this venture has been pleasurable.

I experimented once or twice (hoping that future suitors would listen to my voice-feel comfort and read my website) and it ended up being 200  "u avail?" and dick pics with zero bookings. It was horrible and being part time at this and pulling a full time career- i don't have time for that crap. 

Tone can't come thru thru short 1 sentence texts..and the back and forth would be maddening and frustrating. I love a VOICE (after screening). 

Old School email then a call is the most pleasurable for me..and pleasure to both parties trumps "lots of calls" anyday for me. My method attracts the right kind of client for myself in addition.

Edited by MelindaMadison

My primary problem with *mail options is the delay & lack of feedback. If I’m booking something for next week? OK. But if I’m looking for this evening *mail options suck.

I’m tempted to say that if I call & you don’t pick up, it’s on to the next number on my list.  (This is where agencies excel.) But in today’s world folks let their calls go to VM; so I’ll allow an hour for response.  Even though that hour eats into prep & transport time.  The alternative strategy ( not very nice ) is blast out to a dozen providers my request.  The early bird (first positive response) gets ‘the worm’; the rest get a “Sorry, Charlene” response.

Yeah, I know - 7Ps.

*mail = voice mail, email, private message, P411 requests. Text falls into a grey area because response may be immediate, but more likely into the *mail category.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

My primary problem with *mail options is the delay & lack of feedback. If I’m booking something for next week? OK. But if I’m looking for this evening *mail options suck.

That has Nothing to do with the mode of contact used (after all....with today's tech..who doesn't have email with optional notification settings on their phones?) and Everything to do with a provider's business model (are they a same day provider? last minute provider? prebooking provider?) -which is due to many different personal aspects in a ladies' life (kids/career/family/incall accessibility etc) 

Again- tone gets lost in text and there's so much drama/lack of discretion associated with it...

and there's too much potential for miscommunication in phone calls and voicemails ("provider called me hours later when i was with my SO" type stuff OR "provider never called me back" (she was at her vanilla job and didn't dare to call back hours later so guy thinks she's not interested or flakey- see?) 

I absolutely MUST speak to a man on the phone first. So many things I can tell about a person with just 5 seconds on the phone such as: age, gender, foul attitude, if they are on drugs or alcohol , if they are yanking my chain, if there are other people in the room.....the list is endless. Text tells me nothing about a prospective client, except they cant spell worth a shit. Once I have established a relationship with a client, texts dont annoy me as long as they are brief and to let me know they are on their way or running late etc. I will tolerate emails as long as they aren't single question volleys, all of which could have been answered had they read my website. Still need to have a phone conversation before I invite them in my home. Bottom line.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:24 PM, vipblonde said:

I have disabled my incoming calls.  I prefer text, email, Twitter or PM.  I’ve learned over the years that too many pervs call us while they have their dick in hand and want to “chat” about what to expect and what I’ll be wearing.  If it’s not a masturbation call then it’s likely someone wanting to ask questions that I will not answer, or a client I decided to no longer see or not meet.  

Since disabling incoming calls I’ve noticed less time wasters, less time wasting pervs (I like pervs, just not the time wasting ones) and overall less daily stress and frustration.

I'm with you girlfriend! I took my phone # off my ads, because I always prefer an email introduction. Once I verify references I always have a phone call before meeting. I will not meet anyone w/o speaking to them first. I am highly intuitive and can usually get a good feel for someone on a phone call (even w/ newbies), and if we are a good fit or not. That way I can make sure it is a good experience for both of us.
I still get a few random calls or texts from my number on one of the other sites that I didn't authorize, but I ask them to email me the necessary info for screening.

Jez!!!

i have a latch on the left side of my phone that mutes or activates the sound. I am always hitting it or my purse falls off the seat in my car and turns it off my sound. Sometimes when calling me my phone will only ring 1 time and go to voice mail. Ahhh what to do? Get a new phone? No! I believe I throw away too much in life as is. I have already brought this phone plus another one in for service needs several times to TMoblie as is and yes I am left handed too... I do check my phone through out the day for miss calls plus text messages. What can you say? No I am not that technically advance yes I will agree!  Yet I do my best to get back in touch with those who do try to make a connection with me and for whatever reason fail. 

I perfer text message through the day time hours and phone calls in the evening time. A phone call if you’re new to see me is fantastic for me! I believe it always helps to connect and yes it’s really helpful to hear your voice prior to showing up face to face. I believe the human voice helps calm both sides of the fence!  Human voice is soothing of nerves!

Text message is great for scheduled appointments so I can go back and make sure I have the correct date and time. Yes it is in writing! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

I don't really have a preference.  I contact the lady by her requested means.  In the past, I always wanted to call because I believe hearing someone's voice can give me an idea of what they are like and, hopefully, they could get more of an idea of what I am like.  However, lately is seems like text has been more the norm for some.  When I text to introduce myself, I always offer to PM them on the board.  Some have appreciated that.  Gotta say, I've met some fine ladies via an initial phone call, via text and via email.  So I'm open to what works for them.  And no matter which method used, being polite and respectful goes a long way (both directions).

I'll echo what Kali posted, no matter how the appointment is made, I appreciate being texted pertinent information the time and (approximate) location.  It helps when I am on the road.

Edited by average1
Add information

Just now, Zelda Runner said:

Due to harassing texts, it's email only these days. 

I don’t understand this. It’s just as easy to discard an annoying text as an annoying email.

Why the difference?