CallieVane

Bad Day, Roll In the Hay?

36 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, StanTheMan said:

I grab my guitar....and head off into Stones country

Sometimes that works.  I have a gig on Saturday and am looking forward to it.  Get to make some people happy (and me, too).  Not sure if I could play the day of or the day after a death.  Right before one gig a few years ago I got contacted about someone found dead in a motel room that still had my card, so the people who found him called me.  Not a good night because I was definitely distracted and unfocused during the gig.  Actually cut the gig short.  Hope that never happens again.

On 8/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, average1 said:

My second post in this thread.  Today has been a truly down day for me.  Lost someone close to me in an auto accident.  Not their fault. Feeling blue and sad.  Did some yelling and screaming (in the car with the windows rolled up) to release some anger and frustration.  Dinner had no taste.  Feels like the breath has been sucked out of me.  Called an understanding friend and talked for a bit, but I won't be ready to talk about it for a couple of days.  Will do some writing tonight.  No thoughts of play time at all.  Feeling like the world is about a half a beat off normal.  Will call another friend in a bit.  Came on TOB just to post on this thread.  I know that accidents happen and none of us gets out of here alive.  Just an ache because this person has made such progress to overcome some real life challenges over the past 8 years.  I will miss seeing them.  I'll miss being able to celebrate more of their successes with them.  Now I am just babbling, so gonna take a break.  I realize this is an on line community, however I appreciate many here who I have only interacted with on the forum and the many I have met in real life.  I'm glad you are here.

Sorry for the rough go Average1

I really appreciate your sharing. I know it sucks. I hope you find some comfort soon. 

Nothing better than hitting the focus mitts.  Great to let off steam and get out of your head and focus 100% on what you are doing.  Heavy bag for those really shitty days and you need to let out some raw aggression.  

On 8/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, average1 said:

My second post in this thread.  Today has been a truly down day for me.  Lost someone close to me in an auto accident.  Not their fault. Feeling blue and sad.  Did some yelling and screaming (in the car with the windows rolled up) to release some anger and frustration.  Dinner had no taste.  Feels like the breath has been sucked out of me.  Called an understanding friend and talked for a bit, but I won't be ready to talk about it for a couple of days.  Will do some writing tonight.  No thoughts of play time at all.  Feeling like the world is about a half a beat off normal.  Will call another friend in a bit.  Came on TOB just to post on this thread.  I know that accidents happen and none of us gets out of here alive.  Just an ache because this person has made such progress to overcome some real life challenges over the past 8 years.  I will miss seeing them.  I'll miss being able to celebrate more of their successes with them.  Now I am just babbling, so gonna take a break.  I realize this is an on line community, however I appreciate many here who I have only interacted with on the forum and the many I have met in real life.  I'm glad you are here.

I'm sorry about that terrible accident! I hope you are doing better now. Many time sadness is the best way to honor the memory of people we loved.

Though death is part of the circle of life, it still takes its toll on those left behind. 

I still remember what I did after dealing with the details (cover, call hospice, etc.) - I grabbed my guitar, then waited for others to arrive. Music lightened many a dark hour in the following months; still does today.

I also remember the support I got for this community. A few months later when I lost the other significant female in my life (feline), my rock during troubled times, three of our finest kidnapped me for dinner. Thank you all!