CallieVane

Bad Day, Roll In the Hay?

36 posts in this topic

We all have down right deplorable days sometimes, it’s inevitable and a part of being human. What do you do when you’re feeling down? Do you go play with your favorite provider or gentleman caller? Perhaps cook something you’ve been wanting to try? Or even go see a silly movie with a friend?

What do you do when you get blue? 

If I am just feeling kinda blue I turn to comfort food.   If I am feeling frustrated it the range and shoot stuff.  I leave seeing providers to putting the cherry on top.

Life is good.

Have a great day Callie 

2 minutes ago, new2hobbying said:

If I am just feeling kinda blue I turn to comfort food.   If I am feeling frustrated it the range and shoot stuff.  I leave seeing providers to putting the cherry on top.

Life is good.

Have a great day Callie 

Thank you! You as well! 

Errrr, just go out. Take a cane pole with line, hook and a worm on it. Sit next to tree and stream and occasionally just hang it out there while reading a book. Honestly find your beach. Mine happens to be fishing and reading. When my Daddy passed, I was on the lake 4 days after service, which was 4 days after he passed. I wasn't sad, I just spent the day in my mind being chill. Same thing when Ma passed, on the lake 4 days after as we didn't have her service for a month, I still figured out how to be chill. I always fish when feeling blue. Especially in our beautiful mountains. I usually go alone on those occasions tho. Chin up, Bronco's game tonight lol. 

Edited by fishndude57

Do something to spoil yourself.  

Hope the day turns around for you!  If you need to talk you can always call me. 

When I need to sort things out spending time in the backcountry with nature helps a lot

I take my hound out for a hike. The foothills have some great 2-3 mile hikes that I can get to in 30 to 40 minutes from my house if it isn't rush hour. The mountains always clear my head and it is good quality time with the doggy. And if I am lonely ,It is a guarantee that passer-bys will always initiate conversation with "is she/ he saddle broke" because of my large breed canine.  The mountains always have a way of lifting any foul mood I may be in. That and sex☘️

I'm with Jez on this one, taking the dog for a good long walk/hike does it for me!  I save play time for good mood times...dont want to give off any bad vibes when I'm in the company of the lovely ladies of TOB!

Mimosas! You can't be mad when your sipping on one :)

Walking and breathing in the Colorado air does it everytime for me. It can be a walk in the mountains, in the city, or in the burbs. There is always something beautiful to see. I take the deepest breaths when I'm in Colorado. It calms me like nothing else. Also solitude. It's nice to get everyone else's thoughts, feelings and emotions out of my headspace and get centered. That part takes more work though. At least for me. I hope the blues are washing away as the day goes on. Your post has a calming effect too. Thank you.

Some wonderful ideas here! Thanks!

I generally eat something I really love (Beef Stroganoff-Cherry Pie!), and watch a movie I really love (Casablanca, It's a Wonderful Life). Helps me feel connected to the good stuff in the world! 

3 hours ago, pfunk said:

Some wonderful ideas here! Thanks!

I generally eat something I really love (Beef Stroganoff-Cherry Pie!), and watch a movie I really love (Casablanca, It's a Wonderful Life). Helps me feel connected to the good stuff in the world! 

I hope the "-" is a separation for the stroganoff and cherry pie..and not a combination.🤢

21 hours ago, CallieVane said:

We all have down right deplorable days sometimes, it’s inevitable and a part of being human. What do you do when you’re feeling down? Do you go play with your favorite provider or gentleman caller? Perhaps cook something you’ve been wanting to try? Or even go see a silly movie with a friend?

Callie, you are so right.  Life has ups and downs.  Many times because of things that are out of my control.  But the thing I do have some control over is how I react to those times.  It varies for me, depending on what kind of "bad mood" I'm in.  If I am just a bit down, sometimes spending time with a lady can really get me up (pun intended).  If I am super stressed, then a walk, some mindless TV, reading or meditating can really help.  If I am in a foul mood, I don't want to inflict that mood on anyone, so then it is either writing about it or going for a drive.  And it may sound a bit weird, but in certain funks, I enjoy cooking.  It is a mindful activity that positively stimulates a number of senses.  There have been times when a gig is scheduled and I am in a somewhat bad mood.  Gotta say that playing music and making it about the audience can do wonders for my mental outlook on life.  Different strokes for different folks at different times is the name.  Having enough tools in my toolbox helps keep me (somewhat) sane. 

13 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I hope the "-" is a separation for the stroganoff and cherry pie..and not a combination.🤢

Megan Marie, you mean you've never tried the Stroganoff - Cherry Pie casserole ?  :P

1 hour ago, average1 said:

Megan Marie, you mean you've never tried the Stroganoff - Cherry Pie casserole ?  :P

🤢🤢🤢 gross

50 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

🤢🤢🤢 gross

You are correct, I eat the stroganoff first, cherry pie 2nd. No mixing together. :D

On 8/11/2018 at 0:52 PM, CallieVane said:

My second post in this thread.  Today has been a truly down day for me.  Lost someone close to me in an auto accident.  Not their fault. Feeling blue and sad.  Did some yelling and screaming (in the car with the windows rolled up) to release some anger and frustration.  Dinner had no taste.  Feels like the breath has been sucked out of me.  Called an understanding friend and talked for a bit, but I won't be ready to talk about it for a couple of days.  Will do some writing tonight.  No thoughts of play time at all.  Feeling like the world is about a half a beat off normal.  Will call another friend in a bit.  Came on TOB just to post on this thread.  I know that accidents happen and none of us gets out of here alive.  Just an ache because this person has made such progress to overcome some real life challenges over the past 8 years.  I will miss seeing them.  I'll miss being able to celebrate more of their successes with them.  Now I am just babbling, so gonna take a break.  I realize this is an on line community, however I appreciate many here who I have only interacted with on the forum and the many I have met in real life.  I'm glad you are here.

3 minutes ago, average1 said:

My second post in this thread.  Today has been a truly down day for me.  Lost someone close to me in an auto accident.  Not their fault. Feeling blue and sad.  Did some yelling and screaming (in the car with the windows rolled up) to release some anger and frustration.  Dinner had no taste.  Feels like the breath has been sucked out of me.  Called an understanding friend and talked for a bit, but I won't be ready to talk about it for a couple of days.  Will do some writing tonight.  No thoughts of play time at all.  Feeling like the world is about a half a beat off normal.  Will call another friend in a bit.  Came on TOB just to post on this thread.  I know that accidents happen and none of us gets out of here alive.  Just an ache because this person has made such progress to overcome some real life challenges over the past 8 years.  I will miss seeing them.  I'll miss being able to celebrate more of their successes with them.  Now I am just babbling, so gonna take a break.  I realize this is an on line community, however I appreciate many here who I have only interacted with on the forum and the many I have met in real life.  I'm glad you are here.

:(

I like to give my best friend a bath, clip his nails  and take him to DQ. He loves that place. :rolleyes:

Callie, so sorry you had the blues and an awful day. I think we all can relate.  Average1, I am truly sorry for your friend and the pain you're feeling. A couple of years ago my High School gf passed away suddenly. Lots of old friends calling me to let me know. I hadn't talked with her in more than 10 years and it still hit me hard, and for a long time.  

Remembering the better days, the good times we had, and the closeness we shared is what got me through it.  Good music, wine, and food was a nice distraction, but never did the full trick.  Just knowing that this (blue days and end of days) is something we all have to go through and is not unique was helpful for me.  Connecting with friends is what eventually helped.

In my case if it's in the afternoon/evening a good of good red wine, cook a sophisticated meal and a good movie. If it's in the morning then a really good black espresso and some manual activity or going out to the mountains.

3 hours ago, average1 said:

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please reach out if you need ANYTHING! we're all family here!!!

Music is my healer when I’m blue..I put on some good Salsa 💃🏻 or Reggaetón and jam out :) 

8 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please reach out if you need ANYTHING! we're all family here!!!

Megan Marie, thanks.  I really appreciate that.  This will suck for a few days.  Trauma, grief and loss are parts of my job.  I also have to remember that  there are lots of growth and successes.  I'll be down for a few days, which is to be expected.  Again, thanks.

10 hours ago, ayou said:

Callie, so sorry you had the blues and an awful day. I think we all can relate.  Average1, I am truly sorry for your friend and the pain you're feeling. A couple of years ago my High School gf passed away suddenly. Lots of old friends calling me to let me know. I hadn't talked with her in more than 10 years and it still hit me hard, and for a long time.  

Remembering the better days, the good times we had, and the closeness we shared is what got me through it.  Good music, wine, and food was a nice distraction, but never did the full trick.  Just knowing that this (blue days and end of days) is something we all have to go through and is not unique was helpful for me.  Connecting with friends is what eventually helped.

Ayou, thanks.  I appreciate your kind words.  Sometimes distractions work and can be a good thing.  I also know the value of connection and having people to share grief with.  Death is part of the cycle, but it still stings when it occurs.  I'll move through this and come out the other side because of a good network of friends, including some folks on TOB.

11 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

:(

Yep...sometimes life sucks.  I also need to remember that sometimes life is fantastic.  Gotta roll with how this unfolds and be willing to feel the challenging emotions with the wonderful ones.  It is what makes us human and, as someone else said, death and loss happen to all of us.  I think that sometimes it is the down times that connected us as much as the good times.  You get to learn who is really in your corner.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:17 PM, Jez UaBriain said:

I take my hound out for a hike. The foothills have some great 2-3 mile hikes that I can get to in 30 to 40 minutes from my house if it isn't rush hour. The mountains always clear my head and it is good quality time with the doggy. And if I am lonely ,It is a guarantee that passer-bys will always initiate conversation with "is she/ he saddle broke" because of my large breed canine.  The mountains always have a way of lifting any foul mood I may be in. That and sex☘️

Sloan’s lake or a few other

areas I love to explore and take in as much nature as possible. Unfortunately for me my boxer girl is long passed and forget putting Mister Reuben on a leash (my old cat)! 😂 Sometimes I will bake or cook a nice dinner for a friend. Also, just a simple phone call to a special friend helps to sooth a rough day! A good hot bath and of course hot steamy sex does wonders for the soul! 💋 Doing something positive to counterattack the negativity is always in order when I have had a bad day! Nice topic Callie