Mr.Pink

The quarterly geography refresher course

26 posts in this topic

Mkay, I-225 and Parker Rd is not considered the DTC area. When you advertise you're in Denver but you're actually in Boulder, why advertise in the Denver section? /Rant

1 hour ago, Mr.Pink said:

Mkay, I-225 and Parker Rd is not considered the DTC area. 

You're right. It's 10 minutes away.

2 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

Mkay, I-225 and Parker Rd is not considered the DTC area. When you advertise you're in Denver but you're actually in Boulder, why advertise in the Denver section? /Rant

Thanks for the Jography lesson.😊 One lady had I-225 and Iliff as North Denver. So I had guys PM me about where in North Denver she is. 

Agree, for incall, please state what city/cities you ARE in or near. 

Outs, what areas you are willing to travel to.

She was at least in the same Metropolitan Statistical Area.

In response to a query concerning an ad posted in COS, I received this response: 

If You Happen, To Make It Out To Aurora.. Call Me,ASAP..
Only Here For One Night..
Then I'm Heading To Nebraska..To Spend Time W/My Family..

1 hour ago, Rick_A said:

She was at least in the same Metropolitan Statistical Area.

In response to a query concerning an ad posted in COS, I received this response: 

If You Happen, To Make It Out To Aurora.. Call Me,ASAP..
Only Here For One Night..
Then I'm Heading To Nebraska..To Spend Time W/My Family..

This made me chuckle.... 

4 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

Exactly and this string has me cracking up. Back in the day, the DTC didn't exist and getting to Boulder was a fast 25 minutes. Not the case anymore. 

OP: yeah, bit of a rant in my opinion. :) As a hobbyist living well outside of the metro area, travel time is always a factor for me. With the constant influx of new people to CO over the years comes pros and cons: harder to get around, find a bit of solitude, but also many more options to meet new people and enjoy new experiences. First-world problems, right! ;) In my experience local ladies more often have an awareness of how geography and traffic can affect timing, and either list with that in mind or are timely with general locations. With visiting ladies I plan extra time for travel and stay in communication when booked to ensure I’m close to where I need to be when I want to be there... (I’ve found I can’t always expect them to know the geography and traffic factors around the metro area, as convenient as that would be for me). I’m sure the OP doesn’t need this info, but as someone who always has to factor in “travel-time”, wanted to contribute to this post.

side rant: convenience vs. complacency? By that I simply mean does it seem tech is enabling ease of communication and access to services, with the trade off being less individual self reliance on basic skills like planning, navigation, physical awareness, etc? #threadhighjack! ;)

I once contacted a gal who listed "DTC" as her location, and when I proceeded, I found out that she was actually two blocks WEST of Broadway.  Ended up being my first NCNS as well - two strikes and she was out.

When you’re 60 miles away, DTC could mean anything to me.  Denver tech center, Denver traffic crappy, downtown too crowded, etc. :) 

1 hour ago, Mike940370 said:

What about when they offer incals in COS, Denver & Boulder?

I struggle with this too.  In COS, I’m at the north end and most providers tend to stay south.  Puts a downer on it for me when I don’t ever have reason or excuse to be south.  For me, I worry about something happening, I.e. car accident, break down, CO-worker, neighbor, family sees me somewhere in the wrong direction from home.  It would be nice if the gals could be a little more specific of their location.  I’m sure I have frustrated more than a few when I call/text/PM asking their location and then have to tell them “sorry, I can’t make it to that location, thanks for your time.”  I’m not doing it because I’m lazy or rude but I consider the “what if’s” when trying to plan a session. 

4 hours ago, Bullseye73 said:

I struggle with this too.  In COS, I’m at the north end and most providers tend to stay south.  Puts a downer on it for me when I don’t ever have reason or excuse to be south.  For me, I worry about something happening, I.e. car accident, break down, CO-worker, neighbor, family sees me somewhere in the wrong direction from home.  It would be nice if the gals could be a little more specific of their location.  I’m sure I have frustrated more than a few when I call/text/PM asking their location and then have to tell them “sorry, I can’t make it to that location, thanks for your time.”  I’m not doing it because I’m lazy or rude but I consider the “what if’s” when trying to plan a session. 

Makes me miss earlier times where the ad's location would be a bit more specific, like GoG&25, Airport, West Side, North Academy.  I miss that, made it easier to plan things between work and home.

7 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

You do understand that there are things called "hotels", where people can rent a room any time they want? Especially if a client wants an incall...

8 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

I’ve seen ads of Some ladies have incall at 2 locations. 

Pinkie, you're right about geography pertaining to DTC.  No offense to gents who have to travel outside the metro area, but geez, Louise, are you guys making appointments between 6am - 8:30am or 4:30pm - 6pm? 

I travel pretty much all day in my car, and yes, Denver traffic can sometimes be bad, especially for those of us who grew up here.  But I-25, I-70, Parker Road, Arapahoe Road :cool:, Church Ranch and others, are pretty easy to navigate during non-peak times. Schedule during these times and traffic won't be an issue ...jmo

15 hours ago, BigBaldBlk said:

6am - 8:30am or 4:30pm - 6pm? 

Come on BBB, those are known as the horny hours for a reason. Everyone knows that.

Edited by Citori

On 8/6/2018 at 10:14 AM, adventurous14 said:

OP: yeah, bit of a rant in my opinion. :) As a hobbyist living well outside of the metro area, travel time is always a factor for me. With the constant influx of new people to CO over the years comes pros and cons: harder to get around, find a bit of solitude, but also many more options to meet new people and enjoy new experiences. First-world problems, right! ;) In my experience local ladies more often have an awareness of how geography and traffic can affect timing, and either list with that in mind or are timely with general locations. With visiting ladies I plan extra time for travel and stay in communication when booked to ensure I’m close to where I need to be when I want to be there... (I’ve found I can’t always expect them to know the geography and traffic factors around the metro area, as convenient as that would be for me). I’m sure the OP doesn’t need this info, but as someone who always has to factor in “travel-time”, wanted to contribute to this post.

side rant: convenience vs. complacency? By that I simply mean does it seem tech is enabling ease of communication and access to services, with the trade off being less individual self reliance on basic skills like planning, navigation, physical awareness, etc? #threadhighjack! ;)

Couldn’t have said it better. I’m in the same boat and I don’t get to the metro area often so going all the way to aurora or Westminster usually isn’t in the cards and yes I’ve found that “Denver” means a very wide range of areas! 

On 8/6/2018 at 3:45 PM, Bullseye73 said:

Make yourself harder to be seen... like use Uber maybe. 

Living near the parker and 225 area I can say I am not a DTC dweller 

Edited by misconduct10

23 minutes ago, misconduct10 said:

Living near the parker and 225 area I can say I am not a DTC dweller 

I guess I'm so used to the guys having to drive a ways for appts because the girls can't be in all places at once. I would have thought if you lived at parker and 225, DTC wouldn't be too far to drive. See, what do I know. Lol. I had to ask some providers if Park meadows was still part of DTC for my ad the other day. 😂

4 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I guess I'm so used to the guys having to drive a ways for appts because the girls can't be in all places at once. I would have thought if you lived at parker and 225, DTC wouldn't be too far to drive. See, what do I know. Lol. I had to ask some providers if Park meadows was still part of DTC for my ad the other day. 😂

Oh not to far to drive at all, especially for you!!  Just saying it is not IN the DTC

4 minutes ago, misconduct10 said:

Oh not to far to drive at all, especially for you!!  Just saying it is not IN the DTC

Lol. My bad. So, what do you guys consider the DTC area?

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Lol. My bad. So, what do you guys consider the DTC area?

I believe the official boundaries of the 850 acre development project are Yosemite/DTC Parkway & Quebec (E/W) and I-225 & Arapaho Rd (N/S).

On 8/6/2018 at 0:54 PM, Mike940370 said:

Unfortunately we have very few choices for cities when creating a listing. =(

I personally include my city name in my listing in all caps.

And crazy as it sounds, there are a lot of gentlemen who prefer to play far from home, so listing in multiple cities make sense.