wglide2003

Should we give second chances.

84 posts in this topic

Wow, after hearing Sophie and Madison’s replies,I need to retract my comment. I must have been fed up with the monotony of the influx of BS that we have had to deal with lately, and respondedhadtily. I apologize. You ladies are right that “things” happen or come up with all of us. This summer has been horrible with illnessses for the littles. Many of us are single moms, etc, and only have ourselves to rely on. Nobody wishes to be ill. We’d rather be having fun with you guys. I hope you ladies are feeling better.❤️

19 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Wow, after hearing Sophie and Madison’s replies,I need to retract my comment. I must have been fed up with the monotony of the influx of BS that we have had to deal with lately, and respondedhadtily. I apologize. You ladies are right that “things” happen or come up with all of us. This summer has been horrible with illnessses for the littles. Many of us are single moms, etc, and only have ourselves to rely on. Nobody wishes to be ill. We’d rather be having fun with you guys. I hope you ladies are feeling better.❤️

Audrey dear,

Thats the kind of thing I am talking about.

Folks, LIFE happens! People get sick, get in traffic accidents, raise kids. Heck, one lady I was supposed to see, Well her kid got busted shoplifting! I still love this lady! We text still. She’s a beautiful lady. And we’ll meet again

I am a 2nd chance kind of guy. We all, occasionally, suffer from a bad case of stupid. We all get selfish occasionally. I think all of us are capable of being a jerk or b-atch occasionally.  I have had my fair share of second chances in life.

I was given a second chance, after acting rather selfishly, by a young lady who used to occasionally post on this board. I ask, she was very gracious and afforded me a second chance. Has worked quite well for both of us.

Sometimes reaching out, no matter what the circumstances, can bring all kinds of good karma. Being gracious is a special gift to offer.

2 minutes ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

I am a 2nd chance kind of guy. We all, occasionally, suffer from a bad case of stupid. We all get selfish occasionally. I think all of us are capable of being a jerk or b-atch occasionally.  I have had my fair share of second chances in life.

I was given a second chance, after acting rather selfishly, by a young lady who used to occasionally post on this board. I ask, she was very gracious and afforded me a second chance. Has worked quite well for both of us.

Sometimes reaching out, no matter what the circumstances, can bring all kinds of good karma. Being gracious is a special gift to offer.

BEING GRACIOUS IS A SPECIAL GIFT TO OFFER!!  The best words I’ve heard in awhile most likely when you go above and beyond for a person no matter what the situation, karma usually comes around and good happens in your life somehow. That’s why I try to be sympathetic to everyone I meet and every situation. 

14 minutes ago, Madison Taylor said:

BEING GRACIOUS IS A SPECIAL GIFT TO OFFER!!  The best words I’ve heard in awhile most likely when you go above and beyond for a person no matter what the situation, karma usually comes around and good happens in your life somehow. That’s why I try to be sympathetic to everyone I meet and every situation. 

^^^^^ This. I ran out of props Maddie. But I know that from knowing you. 🌹

4 hours ago, Madison Taylor said:

I think it’s always worth hanging in there. I believe in 2nd 3rd 4th even 10 chances because I know things happen. I believe in good people and I am a very honest person. Therefore I will say I was girl #3 I got a new phone recently, it was my birthday a day prior to this day we were to get together and I have been working and socializing and was exhausted. I set my alarm for pm instead of am (remember new phone) I woke up late I got in the shower yo make it work and save the appointment I didn’t feel good (birthday festivities) and I thought it was the right thing to do so I’m not running to the bathroom as sorry as I was and repeated that to him. But I am a lost cause and so many people said to move on. It crushed me, I am the most giving, kind hearted woman and make sure my people are taken care of before I ever take care of myself snd this is how someone behaves. Puts a forum up snd let’s people speak their opinion and assumptions and I thought it was kinda crappy to do as I got sick, it happens to all of us. I am embarrassed that it happened but bottom line we all make mistakes. Now I hope Mr wglide maybe will put himself in others shoes next time and maybe the funk he is in would not be a funk if he had done just that :) 2 sides to every story I hope I’m not such a lost cause anymore btw thanks for that 

Maddie,

I KNOW you are  Kind Hearted person! It's why we enjoy each other so much! You have always been SO much of a friend to me!

LOST cause!? HARDLY! You are a RAY of sunshine to me! And I always enjoy your company!

22 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Maddie,

I KNOW you are  Kind Hearted person! It's why we enjoy each other so much! You have always been SO much of a friend to me!

LOST cause!? HARDLY! You are a RAY of sunshine to me! And I always enjoy your company!

I can’t give anymore positive reputation anymore today but I’m glad you’re in my life. Who knew I’d find a best friend  (among other things) through TOB.

I can only hope people won’t hold my opinion or my illness over my head and this can all be put away and we move on. Not sure if me outing myself was a good idea or not but I had to say something 

7 hours ago, Sophie Layne said:

You’re comment truly touches me. Thank you for allowing me to have a voice. ❤️🙏❤️

8 hours ago, Sophie Layne said:

Wow WG...Yes!!! indeed there ARE 2 sides to every story. And here is mine (for the 2nd time):

I was in the ER recovering after being slipped rufinol. Would you like to see the tox screen and ER discharge paperwork? As we are both aware, I explained that to you after you sent me that ugly, nasty text and I am just learning now (via this topic you posted) that you didn’t believe me???

As I am sure you can imagine, it’s pretty hard to follow up with a client to cancel an appt when you’re unconscious...

As well, my history with you spoke to my character, reliability, responsibility and professionalism. So where is the vengeance coming from? One mis-step and this is how you handle it? 

I have ALWAYS treated you with the utmost kindness, grace, dignity and respect. As well, I offered you the most sincere, heart felt apology that day for missing our appointment annnnd explained what happened, but you didn’t believe me. 

I am sure I am not the only lady on the planet who has been victimized by a predatory man in a bar. It happens allllll the time and it’s a horrifying experience, whether you believe it to be “fact” or not. So on the contrary, the “facts” as you stated above, are actually NOT the same because you left out 50% of them.

What compounds the situation is having to defend myself to,   of all people,   you. So disheartening given our history and what you know of me...

Sophie I am sorry that this happened to you. I hope you are much better and there is no lasting effects from being slipped a drug. I can understand your pain from all of this and I hope that you and WG can work through this SITUATION. It looks like you two had a pretty good relationship, please don't throw in the towel on this one. Talk this one out ...................

8 hours ago, Sophie Layne said:

Wow WG...Yes!!! indeed there ARE 2 sides to every story. And here is mine (for the 2nd time):

I was in the ER recovering after being slipped rufinol. Would you like to see the tox screen and ER discharge paperwork? As we are both aware, I explained that to you after you sent me that ugly, nasty text and I am just learning now (via this topic you posted) that you didn’t believe me???

As I am sure you can imagine, it’s pretty hard to follow up with a client to cancel an appt when you’re unconscious...

As well, my history with you spoke to my character, reliability, responsibility and professionalism. So where is the vengeance coming from? One mis-step and this is how you handle it? 

I have ALWAYS treated you with the utmost kindness, grace, dignity and respect. As well, I offered you the most sincere, heart felt apology that day for missing our appointment annnnd explained what happened, but you didn’t believe me. 

I am sure I am not the only lady on the planet who has been victimized by a predatory man in a bar. It happens allllll the time and it’s a horrifying experience, whether you believe it to be “fact” or not. So on the contrary, the “facts” as you stated above, are actually NOT the same because you left out 50% of them.

What compounds the situation is having to defend myself to,   of all people,   you. So disheartening given our history and what you know of me...

Sophie, though we have never met, I am so very sorry this happened to you.  It shouldn't happen to any one.  I hope you are reasonably okay and are connected with some supportive people to work this through.  Everyone responds to trauma differently.  And there can be delayed effects.  Since I don't know you, I don't want to overstep, but want to encourage you to take care of yourself.  Especially after something like this, keep reaching out to people you trust, who know you, who will be there for you, who will listen deeply, who will provide a safe space for you to heal.  

47 minutes ago, Sophie Layne said:

I am open and willing. 🙏😌💕

The OP never mentioned you by name, or left a negative review, why would you out yourself? Glad you are ok BTW.

Edited by Mr.Pink

HOLY karmic IRONY Batman. Now it's the OP whose going to be in need of a second chance if he ever wants to see his ATF again. Or to meet the intelligent and sensitive hottie behind story #3

Grace is amazing. 

Good luck all

28 minutes ago, RyanLikesIt said:

Grace is amazing. 

She is!? Can you introduce me to her 😎

Seriously, i hope the best for everyone involved here. 

This could be the foundation for a great movie or TV show script:  First, the OP, a decent enough guy, gives his perspective of what happened, describing what he thought were objectively observed facts, and I have no reason to doubt that his impressions were valid.  The experiences triggered certain emotions that he shared with us.

Then, lo and behold, the ladies provide their perspectives of what happened, describing what they thought were objectively observed facts, and we certainly have no reason to doubt any of their impressions or thoughts.

But, the descriptions of those "facts" are so diametrically opposed, it really just gives us a very dynamic illustration of how our personal perception alters our interpretation of what we thought were objective facts.

All contributors seem like really decent people - I hope they understand the other perspectives and are able to reestablish their friendships.  I also hope that Sophie is recovering - too bad you ladies have to deal with low-lifes like the drugging dude.

Wow, it's a lot like Rashomon.

Edited by BadBoy

42 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Wow! I haven't thought about that film in 40 years, or more...:)

On 8/8/2018 at 7:16 PM, Sophie Layne said:

I am open and willing. 🙏😌💕

On 8/8/2018 at 6:19 PM, Madison Taylor said:

I can’t give anymore positive reputation anymore today but I’m glad you’re in my life. Who knew I’d find a best friend  (among other things) through TOB.

I can only hope people won’t hold my opinion or my illness over my head and this can all be put away and we move on. Not sure if me outing myself was a good idea or not but I had to say something 

Who wants to meet for Pancakes 🥞😎

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

This could be the foundation for a great movie or TV show script:  First, the OP, a decent enough guy, gives his perspective of what happened, describing what he thought were objectively observed facts, and I have no reason to doubt that his impressions were valid.  The experiences triggered certain emotions that he shared with us.

Then, lo and behold, the ladies provide their perspectives of what happened, describing what they thought were objectively observed facts, and we certainly have no reason to doubt any of their impressions or thoughts.

But, the descriptions of those "facts" are so diametrically opposed, it really just gives us a very dynamic illustration of how our personal perception alters our interpretation of what we thought were objective facts.

All contributors seem like really decent people - I hope they understand the other perspectives and are able to reestablish their friendships.  I also hope that Sophie is recovering - too bad you ladies have to deal with low-lifes like the drugging dude.

BB, you should get props for a great idea and work on the screenplay.  And your outlook feels spot on.  Changes in latitude, changes in attitude...and (though not in the song) changes in perspective can provide some thoughtful insights.

I have no I’ll  feelings towards WG or anyone that responded or anything of the sort . I spoke my mind because well that’s what I do... I am a very outspoken, opinionated woman not always do I express my opinion but when it pertains to me, you’re damn straight I will. I hope we all start looking at things a little differently because life is too short and too serious in most aspects.

3 hours ago, Madison Taylor said:

I have no I’ll  feelings towards WG or anyone that responded or anything of the sort . I spoke my mind because well that’s what I do... I am a very outspoken, opinionated woman not always do I express my opinion but when it pertains to me, you’re damn straight I will. I hope we all start looking at things a little differently because life is too short and too serious in most aspects.

Awesome! Who wants flapjacks 🥞lol

You know Maddie, somehow, I think things are going to Be Alright!😎

7 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Awesome! Who wants flapjacks 🥞lol

You know Maddie, somehow, I think things are going to Be Alright!😎

Bill yes things are going to be ok :) flapjacks it is !! Lol 

On 8/9/2018 at 6:13 AM, RyanLikesIt said:

Grace is amazing. 

Could not agree more.  Beyond amazing.  Speaking of Grace, this one is pretty good too

I want to know if #1 is ok. Has anybody checked on her? I'm going to finish reading the post now, mostly in hopes that she's well.

11 minutes ago, Cecilia said:

I want to know if #1 is ok. Has anybody checked on her? I'm going to finish reading the post now, mostly in hopes that she's well.

She's FINE, we had breakfast this morning as did Number 3!

Thank you Cecelia!

Sophie, I'm glad to hear that #1 is doing well now. :wub:

39 minutes ago, Cecilia said:

Sophie, I'm glad to hear that #1 is doing well now. :wub:

That’s so caring of you. And I know everyone appreciates that!🌹