wglide2003

Should we give second chances.

84 posts in this topic

My luck has been terrible the last few weeks.

1. I showed up at my ATF's for a multi hour, which included lunch shopping (for an really expensive dinner date later in the week). Got to her place and knocked after texting. What opened the door was not to believed, do not know if it was male or female (not my ATF) . My ATF was on the floor in a semi-comatose state. Got a text next day with a difficult to believe story.

Moved on.

2. Prebooked with another lady and she canceled a couple on hours before the appointment. Rescheduled and the day of the appointment she starts to want to change time. Told her it would not work.

Moving on

3. Today scheduled a 90 minute with I believe a really nice lady. Gave a "on my way text" 30 minutes prior. Got a "OMG I am not up" text. I was determined to meet this lady but my luck is still holding.  after several texts she canceled  after I waited for 45 minutes.

My question is: DO I GIVE THESE LADIES ANOTHER CHANCE? All of them have texted and say they would still like to meet.

With my luck I could not get laid in the women's prison with a handful of pardons.

No I will not reveal the idenity of the ladies at this point, even if you PM me.

Thanks for listing to my rant.

I think just keep looking you will find a suitable one ;)

Me, I'd move on from all of them. If feeling generous, might come back to scenario #2 in a year or two down the road: maybe she'll get her act together.

Others, seems like some other issues going on behind the scenes. In the case of #1, not so much behind the scenes now that you saw it. #3 might have been caught on a bad day, but guessing probably not an out of the ordinary event for them (these things tend to be a pattern, imo).

ADD: move on, as probably don't want to risk getting caught in the middle of any related drama that might be surrounding these, particularly #1.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

Get advice from pfunk, he knows how to pick TR he right ladies and this doesn't happen to him

I gave a second chance to a girl who was known to have timing issues,  It ended up being worth it, and was a great session. 

From the other posts, that seems to be the exception though.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Respect needs to work both ways. Ladies would hate for this to happen to them.

The ladies that do this type of thing, do it because business is probably booming for them so they couldn’t care less if they lose an appt. here and there. This is not ok ladies!!!!

If this happened to me, then no second chance would ever be given. My time is worth just as much to me as their time is worth to them.

Business is booming!  Lots of choices out there.

3 minutes ago, PieluvinTexan said:

If this happened to me, then no second chance would ever be given. My time is worth just as much to me as their time is worth to them.

I have to, reluctantly, agree with this. ^^^ (Unless she apologizes profusely, and begs for forgiveness!)

Business owners should practice planning, preparing, and honoring commitments.  

34 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Get advice from pfunk, he knows how to pick TR he right ladies and this doesn't happen to him

Image result for thumbs up

Wglide, sorry you're going through a dry spell.  I feel your pain.  It sure seems like sometimes things happen in streaks.  And your line "...with a handful of pardons" was hilarious. 

I know you are both venting and asking for advice (which some have offered).  For me, each situation and each lady is different, so there is no absolute answer.  Trust your gut reaction to each lady and each situation.  

4 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

1. I showed up at my ATF's for a multi hour, which included lunch shopping (for an really expensive dinner date later in the week). Got to her place and knocked after texting. What opened the door was not to believed, do not know if it was male or female (not my ATF) . My ATF was on the floor in a semi-comatose state. Got a text next day with a difficult to believe story.

Moved on.

2. Prebooked with another lady and she canceled a couple on hours before the appointment. Rescheduled and the day of the appointment she starts to want to change time. Told her it would not work.

Moving on

3. Today scheduled a 90 minute with I believe a really nice lady. Gave a "on my way text" 30 minutes prior. Got a "OMG I am not up" text. I was determined to meet this lady but my luck is still holding.  after several texts she canceled  after I waited for 45 minutes.

My question is: DO I GIVE THESE LADIES ANOTHER CHANCE? All of them have texted and say they would still like to meet.

With my luck I could not get laid in the women's prison with a handful of pardons.

No I will not reveal the idenity of the ladies at this point, even if you PM me.

If it were me, I would most certainly give all 3 a second chance. Things do happen and thats just the way it is. Now if the same thing happens multiple times then thats a no brainer, just move on to someone new.

#1? Up to you if her story is plausible or if the excuse is in line with your values.  If yes, give her another chance. She has ATF status for a reason.

#2? She got her second chance when you rescheduled.  As did #3 when you waited 45min for her to get her act together.  If either of these two had followed through, you’d be golden. 

Me three, #1, semi comatose state.  Not good WG!

Edited by petey-9950
Added words

If a client behaved like this, no I would not. It just gets old. 

Why not try ladies that have been reliable and appreciative in the past?

You may have dodged a bullet on #1

The other 2 forget them.

Just go back to the lady's you have seen and enjoyed.

35 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Why not try ladies that have been reliable and appreciative in the past?

7 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

1. I showed up at my ATF's for a multi hour, which included lunch ...

With ATF status, I doubt this was their first date.

12 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Moved on.

Moving on

WG,

I’m sorry this happened. Some of the replies are how i feel as well.

One thing I ALWYS do, is confirm the night before. And again the next morning about an hour before I have to leave. Then again just as I am leaving, and when enrout, and finally when I get there. If any one of these 4 or 5 confirmations goes unreplied to, I put the brakes on. And stop. One time, I had scheduled a visit in DTC with a lady I’d seen many times. I live in a Northwest Denver suburb. So I made my way to I70 and near I25. Pulled  it over, texted, no reply. Waited about 20 minutes. Texted again. No reply. So I turned around, and headed back home. I have her another chance, we had a great time. 

Some ladies, I would not give that chance to. As others have said, it depends on the reason, how badly I want to see her, had we seen each other before. Lots to consider. My biggest thing is that she stay in touch. If at some point she starts ghosting me I tend to start to get nervous and start thinking about an Emergency Back Up Plan. 😎

Some ladies DO think thier time is more valuable then a guys time! Others, life happens. And how they respond after those events are what I consider when deciding on a second chance.

You just have to weigh the possibilities of giving a second chance.  There are many other providers that you can give a first chance to and see how they do instead of beating your head against the wall, continuing to try to see one that has issues.  Will you feel like a fool and just be even more annoyed when you get nowhere on your "second chances"?  If they live near you or it is convenient to work, then go ahead and give a second chance.  I don't think there's a template for this, each situation is different and if she apologized and responded in a timely manner then maybe it truly was an instance where they had something that needed to take priority over your scheduled appointment.  

Thanks everyone for the advise and support. It is very helpful. I have recieved PM's from friends I have met with good information. Special thanks to the ladies whom gave their input in a very kind and constructive tone.

The overall concensis is to move on, although I did receive a PM whom didn't think it was appropiate to put this on a public forum.

Again this is from my prospective and there are two sides to every story. But the facts are still valid.

I have a rule that once I am stood up, unless there is a really great reason (communicated to me in close to real time), I just don't call back, but depending on the photos.....

1 hour ago, wglide2003 said:

.., although I did receive a PM whom didn't think it was appropiate to put this on a public forum.

FWIW, I think you obscured the information sufficient for public distribution. Of course participants will recognize themselves.

Now you should write 3 reviews ...

22 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Moved on.

Moving on

No.

I'm with Bit: sufficiently obfuscated the information on the ladies involved, so, no harm. Ignore the white knights/dames.

Sometimes, the answer is simpler than you think...even when a question is answered with a question.....meaning.....Do you WANT to give any of them another chance? That's your answer.

8 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Thanks everyone for the advise and support. It is very helpful. I have recieved PM's from friends I have met with good information. Special thanks to the ladies whom gave their input in a very kind and constructive tone.

The overall concensis is to move on, although I did receive a PM whom didn't think it was appropiate to put this on a public forum.

Again this is from my prospective and there are two sides to every story. But the facts are still valid.

I think this is a perfect topic to post on a forum, and you did it in a respectful way. Thanks for that. I'm a second chance kind of girl. But honestly I would go with your gut. Sometimes, a girl might do a really dumb thing that is not normal for her, and then sometimes she's having some issues that you should back away from. If you really want to go for it, and you feel she's worth it, go for it. If it's not that big of a deal if you see her again or not, which is usually the case, just move on to another girl you're excited about. I hope you're having some better luck now.  

4 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

No.

^^This^^, while I was a little more lenient than earlier in my endeavors, nope no more. Now that being said, my regulars can adjust their time however they choose too. I have no problems there. While yes I don't like being rearranged, I'm not that important. I put up with a lot and have no problem with it. As far as OP who I totally respect, I'd be concerned about #1 and would follow up to see if they need help. 

Edited by fishndude57

A second chance? Perhaps. But any second chance needs to begin with an apology. Barring an unsolicited apology and a request to let her "please make it up to you"  to begin a process which could lead to a second chance, I wouldnt consider it. 

Edited by Happymon

It's like pancakes.

Yes, I said pancakes.  Because I know at one point, you went to go get some pancakes, and they weren't all that good.  Maybe still wet in the middle, maybe burnt.  Either way, you're turned off them for a while.  

I'd say move on at least temporarily.  There's french toast to enjoy, bacon and eggs to devour, even a quiche for a special treat.

Then one day you're at the diner, you're hungry, and you see pancakes on the menu.  You know someone in another booth just ordered some, and you imagine how good they'd taste.  The thought of them now sounds good.  It's time to take a risk and order a stack...

Down the line consider trying one of those three again, you'll know when it's the right time to make the attempt.  Or maybe I've just had a few too many tonight.

43 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

...  There's french toast to enjoy, bacon and eggs to devour, even a quiche for a special treat.

Isn’t that the term for Vaginal flatulence...