wglide2003

Should we give second chances.

84 posts in this topic

Oooof. Red flag at #1. Props to fish: atf camatose with a stranger? If inclined, help if you feel comfortable and can within your personal limits, though we all have our own road to walk... #2 and #3, poor conduct professionally, but I lean towards the idea we all can have bad days. Don’t feel too obligated to follow up unless you are really invested in a visit. Honestly you seemed to have handled yourself just as I imagine I would, and you’re slump sounds like just plain bad luck. Nice thing about this board, there are lots of gems in the rough. 

1 hour ago, Kaduk said:

Isn’t that the term for Vaginal flatulence...

Queef is not quiche. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Queef is not quiche. 😂😂😂

So FuriousWeasel’s statement should read::

There's french toast to enjoy, bacon and eggs to devour, even a queef for a special treat.”

1 hour ago, Kaduk said:

So FuriousWeasel’s statement should read::

There's french toast to enjoy, bacon and eggs to devour, even a queef for a special treat.”

Hahaha. Thank you for the correction. I'm not a fan of quiche anyway. 

I’ve read this whole thread and I was wondering what happens when a girl or guy get sick? Doesn’t it happen to the best of us and what happens then? Guys you say that girl is a lost cause and what not... a little bit shallow isn’t it? I have had someone cancel on me to find out that person saw another provider. Guys get nervous and cancel all the time or better yet don’t ...they just stand us up. This thread got my blood boiling a bit. People get sick people eat things that make them sick, do certain things ie- drinking , smoking whatever that make them sick. Do you guys mean to tell me it’s not ok to have an emergency happen and suddenly have to cancel ? That there is no room for an accident to happen? You just move on because your assumptions must be right , right? that’s not a real professional way to look at anything in my eyes. Maybe I’m wrong but just maybe a little understanding can go a long way sometimes . Just a thought 

20 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

It's like pancakes.

Yes, I said pancakes.  Because I know at one point, you went to go get some pancakes, and they weren't all that good.  Maybe still wet in the middle, maybe burnt.  Either way, you're turned off them for a while.  

I'd say move on at least temporarily.  There's french toast to enjoy, bacon and eggs to devour, even a quiche for a special treat.

Then one day you're at the diner, you're hungry, and you see pancakes on the menu.  You know someone in another booth just ordered some, and you imagine how good they'd taste.  The thought of them now sounds good.  It's time to take a risk and order a stack...

Down the line consider trying one of those three again, you'll know when it's the right time to make the attempt.  Or maybe I've just had a few too many tonight.

Pancakes? If you love pancakes! Can I recommend  a Provider who LOVES pancakes? I am serious!

PM me!

1 hour ago, Madison Taylor said:

I’ve read this whole thread and I was wondering what happens when a girl or guy get sick? Doesn’t it happen to the best of us and what happens then? Guys you say that girl is a lost cause and what not... a little bit shallow isn’t it? I have had someone cancel on me to find out that person saw another provider. Guys get nervous and cancel all the time or better yet don’t ...they just stand us up. This thread got my blood boiling a bit. People get sick people eat things that make them sick, do certain things ie- drinking , smoking whatever that make them sick. Do you guys mean to tell me it’s not ok to have an emergency happen and suddenly have to cancel ? That there is no room for an accident to happen? You just move on because your assumptions must be right , right? that’s not a real professional way to look at anything in my eyes. Maybe I’m wrong but just maybe a little understanding can go a long way sometimes . Just a thought 

Madison!

You are so spot on! I had a lady cancel on me because, she was sick! So I said ok, lets reschedule for the next weekend! NOPE, my phone ap says aunt Flo will be visiting that week! HMM:confused:. Ok, How about the following weekend? NOPE, headed to North Dakota or Idaho or what ever! By this time I get the hint! .
3 weeks later, she messages me! "Want to get together?" So I'm like , "ok"  Her Idaho or North Dakota trip fell thru! I had one of the BEST visits ever!. WHY? I hung in there after the initial cancellation! And because I was understanding! Life HAPPENS!

I have come down with Strep! Had to cancel, Colds, Flu, Dead Battery! SNOW! Heck, One lady, was coming over, Freaking SNOW! Was SO deep, her little car would never make it!

You know Guys, We aren't the only ones that Life happens to!

Lets be a little understating and Forgiving! You just might have a most memorable visit if you are!

3 hours ago, Madison Taylor said:

I have had a number of women get sick but none of them before I took my clothes off. :D

18 minutes ago, boink36 said:

I have had a number of women get sick but none of them before I took my clothes off. :D

What about after? 😂😂

All I want to say is expectations = dissapointments, you’re taking the fun out of it and even if it is a business, bottom line we all just want to have fun and nobody is perfect. Sometimes you got to brush that dirt off your shoulder 🎼🎤sing it with me ... brush that dirt off your shoulder 🎤Ok I’m done 🤪🤪🙃

Only give second chances with a doctors note😂

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Only give second chances with a doctors note😂

Or at least a follow-up contact. Why I wait a couple of days before posting a review and or completely writing off a lady. If it truly was an unforeseeable issue, a truly reputable lady would apologize, maybe offer up a make good. But even then, have had reputable ladies ghost me after setting an appointment and NCNS.

Case by case basis, I guess, But since I'm a cranky geezer, I am probably not as forgiving these days for perceived unprofessionalism.

5 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

I guess I just set the same expectations for providers that I have for myself.  ...

2 hours ago, Madison Taylor said:

All I want to say is expectations = dissapointments, you’re taking the fun out of it and even if it is a business, bottom line we all just want to have fun and nobody is perfect. ...

I believe MR is talking about expectations WRT professionalism BEFORE the appointment, not a scripted session. Sort of like the Golden Rule - treat others as you expect to be treated.

Once does not a pattern make, but patterns of poor performance should not be rewarded.

I actually wasn’t referring to his comment of expectations I was just talking in general. When you have expectations, you can take the fun out of it especially when speaking in reference to a business. Yes it’s business but I would rather refer to it as fun with a hint of business but that’s just me. :) some just seem so serious. Bottom line I think, and I’m sure many girls agree that if cancelations were actually kept track of the guys would win hands down. But we aren’t rubbing it in your faces nor do we judge or hold it against any of you . It’s just how we as a different Sex handle shit. 

I believe in second chances sometimes even 8th or 9th chances. I have even gone into the double digits on one special occasion.

At the end of the day, we are all human and shit tends to happen.

We should all treat each other respectfully, when it does. 😇

On 8/3/2018 at 6:22 PM, average1 said:

Wglide, sorry you're going through a dry spell.  I feel your pain.  It sure seems like sometimes things happen in streaks.  And your line "...with a handful of pardons" was hilarious. 

I know you are both venting and asking for advice (which some have offered).  For me, each situation and each lady is different, so there is no absolute answer.  Trust your gut reaction to each lady and each situation.  

I second this completely. No quick fix, just more info/experience to build your personal wisdom data-base. Best of luck on the rebound!

On 8/4/2018 at 10:58 PM, adventurous14 said:
On 8/4/2018 at 9:52 PM, Kaduk said:

Isn’t that the term for Vaginal flatulence...

Queef-quiche? I’m sensing a hipster market niche ala avacado toast... (or maybe not). Both seem to result from combining natural indredients in unconventional ways. 

Move on for a bit 

#1 was having a rough time. Check in on her but leave it at that 

#2 and #3 seriously?  Cut’em lose. Post a review. 

Sorry this all happened. Definitely time to look elsewhere. 

On 8/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, wglide2003 said:

My luck has been terrible the last few weeks.

1. I showed up at my ATF's for a multi hour, which included lunch shopping (for an really expensive dinner date later in the week). Got to her place and knocked after texting. What opened the door was not to believed, do not know if it was male or female (not my ATF) . My ATF was on the floor in a semi-comatose state. Got a text next day with a difficult to believe story.

Moved on.

2. Prebooked with another lady and she canceled a couple on hours before the appointment. Rescheduled and the day of the appointment she starts to want to change time. Told her it would not work.

Moving on

3. Today scheduled a 90 minute with I believe a really nice lady. Gave a "on my way text" 30 minutes prior. Got a "OMG I am not up" text. I was determined to meet this lady but my luck is still holding.  after several texts she canceled  after I waited for 45 minutes.

My question is: DO I GIVE THESE LADIES ANOTHER CHANCE? All of them have texted and say they would still like to meet.

With my luck I could not get laid in the women's prison with a handful of pardons.

No I will not reveal the idenity of the ladies at this point, even if you PM me.

Thanks for listing to my rant.

Yes but first follow the reviews here so you don’t ever go down that unsafe road again. 

On 8/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, stevie-2249 said:

Get advice from pfunk, he knows how to pick TR he right ladies and this doesn't happen to him

I noticed that too LOL

Hey Wide Glide be thankful you're not a new guy you would be flamed and daggered LOL

I came to the end of this post wanting to know if provider #1 was okay, then wondering why everyone wasn’t asking that question. Now we know. 

Sophie Layne, I am so sorry that this happened to you, and even sorrier to see that someone you likely trusted didn’t believe you. I’m sure that hurts quite a lot. I hope you’re able to heal over time; if you ever need to talk or just feel supported, please message me. 

On 8/5/2018 at 4:40 PM, Madison Taylor said:

Madison you are correct, things do happen and providers/clients should all just move on in a PERFECT WORLD. But as you can see from this post, we don't live in a PERFECT WORLD because of all the differing opinions. My OPINION is to give second chances/third chances and if it doesn't work out, move on to the next. Others don't believe in second chances because of a number of reasons. I honestly see no wrong with whatever way you choose to handle it because its what makes you happy in the end. Example: I booked with this provider last week and due to her schedule not mixing with mine, well we have yet to meet. She communicated to me that she doesn't like cancellations and me being the respectful guy that I am, I have had to cancel on her once already but I assured her that I am LEGIT and due to a crazy hectic day, I will make good on seeing her. Now this works both ways, this girl to me could have went crazy and blocked me LOL because she assumes I am a time waster but a person with 70 plus reviews is in no way shape or form a TIME WASTER. So what most don't do is put their feet in other people's shoes and when you don't do that it makes it difficult for a person to understand that what you may assume is a lie, it could have happened. So Madison, I want you to put yourself in my shoes over here for a second, Madison is getting hot over this post and she has caught my attention, I wonder what she looks like sitting at the computer with all of her clothes at her feet......................

On 8/5/2018 at 6:07 PM, a_happycamper_12 said:

Madison!

You are so spot on! I had a lady cancel on me because, she was sick! So I said ok, lets reschedule for the next weekend! NOPE, my phone ap says aunt Flo will be visiting that week! HMM:confused:. Ok, How about the following weekend? NOPE, headed to North Dakota or Idaho or what ever! By this time I get the hint! .
3 weeks later, she messages me! "Want to get together?" So I'm like , "ok"  Her Idaho or North Dakota trip fell thru! I had one of the BEST visits ever!. WHY? I hung in there after the initial cancellation! And because I was understanding! Life HAPPENS!

I have come down with Strep! Had to cancel, Colds, Flu, Dead Battery! SNOW! Heck, One lady, was coming over, Freaking SNOW! Was SO deep, her little car would never make it!

You know Guys, We aren't the only ones that Life happens to!

Lets be a little understating and Forgiving! You just might have a most memorable visit if you are!

Sign Me Up some will probably laugh or think I am crazy but there is a few providers that it took me over 3 years to meet due to our schedules not mixing. Out of all 3 providers, the experience/friendship = TOB most memorable moments for Savior Faire.............

1 minute ago, Savoir Faire said:

Sign Me Up some will probably laugh or think I am crazy but there is a few providers that it took me over 3 years to meet due to our schedules not mixing. Out of all 3 providers, the experience/friendship = TOB most memorable moments for Savior Faire.............

Actually that’s happened to me. Not sure if it was quite that long, but certainly, sometimes, it’s worth hanging in there!😎

1 hour ago, Sophie Layne said:

Wow WG...Yes!!! indeed there ARE 2 sides to every story. And here is mine (for the 2nd time):

I was in the ER recovering after being slipped rufinol.

WOW!  Until I read this I had no idea who WG was talking about. He was fairly careful to not identify any of the ladies mentioned in his rant.

I’m sorry this happened to you; shouldn't happen to anybody. 

1 hour ago, Sophie Layne said:

Wow WG...Yes!!! indeed there ARE 2 sides to every story. And here is mine (for the 2nd time):

I was in the ER recovering after being slipped rufinol. Would you like to see the tox screen and ER discharge paperwork? As we are both aware, I explained that to you after you sent me that ugly, nasty text and I am just learning now (via this topic you posted) that you didn’t believe me???

As I am sure you can imagine, it’s pretty hard to follow up with a client to cancel an appt when you’re unconscious...

As well, my history with you spoke to my character, reliability, responsibility and professionalism. So where is the vengeance coming from? One mis-step and this is how you handle it? 

I have ALWAYS treated you with the utmost kindness, grace, dignity and respect. As well, I offered you the most sincere, heart felt apology that day for missing our appointment annnnd explained what happened, but you didn’t believe me. 

I am sure I am not the only lady on the planet who has been victimized by a predatory man in a bar. It happens allllll the time and it’s a horrifying experience, whether you believe it to be “fact” or not. So on the contrary, the “facts” as you stated above, are actually NOT the same because you left out 50% of them.

What compounds the situation is having to defend myself to,   of all people,   you. So disheartening given our history and what you know of me...

Sophie, my dear Sophie.

Firstly, i hope you are doing well. And I am so very sorry this happened. PLEASE let me know if you need anything!

This also points out WHY we all need to be a little understanding and practice a little patience before jumping to conclusions! People’s feelings,  reputation AND livelihood can be at stake.

Much love and many kisses 😘 

HC

I think it’s alwsys worth hanging in there. I believe in 2nd 3rd 4th even 10 chances because I know things happen. I believe in good people and I am a very honest person. Therefore I will say I was girl #3 I got a new phone recently, it was my birthday a day prior to this day we were to get together and I have been working and socializing and was exhausted. I set my alarm for pm instead of am (remember new phone) I woke up late I got in the shower yo make it work and save the appointment I didn’t feel good (birthday festivities) and I thought it was the right thing to do so I’m not running to the bathroom as sorry as I was and repeated that to him. But I am a lost cause and so many people said to move on. It crushed me, I am the most giving, kind hearted woman and make sure my people are taken care of before I ever take care of myself snd this is how someone behaves. Puts a forum up snd let’s people speak their opinion and assumptions and I thought it was kinda crappy to do as I got sick, it happens to all of us. I am embarrassed that it happened but bottom line we all make mistakes. Now I hope Mr wglide maybe will put himself in others shoes next time and maybe the funk he is in would not be a funk if he had done just that :) 2 sides to every story I hope I’m not such a lost cause anymore btw thanks for that