Calisurfgirl

Hobbyist 101

14 posts in this topic

Thanks, but it is something I almost did not want to do because I know what the backlash could possibly be. Meaning the ladies that are deceiving or attempting to deceive the TOB admin or hobbyists by regenerating new accounts, and listings once marked Fake or Banned could possibly retaliate. Because I figured out what they are doing. Now these scammers know that they have a certain amount of time to see as many hobbyists as possible before they are found out, they generally post or repost late in the evening around 11:30 then reposting every ten minutes especially on the weekends because that is when most people in this hobby are looking for fun after they have had a few drinks and are not thinking about the what if's but instead the right now. So then once they are found out they change there number and start the entire cycle again. With the amount of work that is has to be to do that over and over again. If they just provided great service with actual REAL photos they would obtain better connections. So even if they are just visiting when or if they returned they could always reach out to that person.  

great info Calisurfgirl...good to know about other image search options.   a request?  how about some paragraphs, it's hard to follow the thread in large blocks of text.  thanks! 

p.s. not a complaint, just an ask...

CaliSurfgirl, as a newbie here, I appreciate the hobbyist 101 help.  I lurked on here for a very long time before joining, and my recent first encounter went well, but there's still so much I'm sure I don't know...

On 8/3/2018 at 0:19 AM, mountainrider33 said:

A little off topic but I have struck out completely, every time, late at night on the weekends and all my NCNS or cancellations, except for one, were always at night on the weekends.  Weekdays, during the day, seem to be the most reliable times for a date, at least from my experience

Back on topic.  Most of the problems with the photos are that they are taken from Instagram, which Instagram isn't searchable in any web search.  I've gotten lucky, in a few instances, that the Instagram photos were used elsewhere and had a name or link back to the original Instagram account.  The scammers/deceivers are getting better.

Actually they are searchable. There is a web site called social catfish you have to pay but it allows you to locate images on instagram and Facebook.. Also download the image from the the other board and use Karma Decay. Then one of the three options that will pop up in blue if the site does not directly find it. Bing image and ImgOp are the other too. But they also give you the additional option for a reddit search. I hope this helps.

That's awesome I already knew about the two reverse image searches Tob offers but it's great knowing they're other tools that can be used as well thank you for the information

13 minutes ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Hobby 101 is such a good idea! Would you consider doing a topic on screening? 

Actual I am doing that topic today, great minds think alike. 

Happy Friday, Hobbyists and Providers. So todays new topic that legitimate providers, also a few hobbyists have requested that I would touch base on is :" Pre-Screening". Since the work week for many hobbyists has concluded I think it is absolutely essential to dive into this particular subject.*** ATTENTION NEWBIES YOU NEED TO READ AND UNDERSTAND*** 

Every provider has if not at first but by trial and error a way they prefer to pre-screen potential clients. Newbies, this means if you have not seen this particular provider. You could be a hobbyist that has 60+ reviews on TOB but if you have not seen the individual provider that you are about to PM, Text, Call or any other methods that the provider prefers to be contacted thru. The provider should put whether in the initial title that they pre-screen or somewhere in the description which is the small EYEBALL icon located under the photo on the left.

Now as a hobbyist after reading her post you have the knowledge that this provider pre-screens. I think that a provider should always pre-screen for safety, and health reasons. Hobbyists should as well, its like shopping for a car online and doing your research to see if it has been recalled, etc. Two methods that I have found great especially to providers that are new is to ask the potential client if they are a TOB member. If so then ask them to PM you and share there references by doing so you can see if this individual is safe. The second method is to ask if they can provide current ACTIVE (meaning they are still listing on TOB) providers. After you have received those two important bits of information it is your job PROVIDERS to investigate and reach out to the providers that they have reviewed or used as a reference. *** This is the part that depending on the provider can suck. Waiting for a response.***

Hobbyists whether you are new to TOB or have been on it since Moses parted the Red Sea. If you have not seen that provider do not be surprised when the provider of your choice tells you that they screen. As a NEWBIE reach out to the providers that are newbie friendly and use the tools that TOB provides like the forums especially the 411. Some of the "Catfish" or "Scammers" will see newbies because they do not screen or discriminate but reach out to established members or active providers that frequently comment in the topic forum. NEWBIES if you are viewing the listing and you see Miss October with zero reviews and/or reviews with dates that all 5 are on the same day or two you need to use the image search and the forums. I hope this is helpful, have a safe and hopefully satisfying weekend.

It appears I can only give one thumbs up per day. So instead, thanks for the explanation of how things work. Personally I have flown so low under the radar I have no references though I have visited, in the past with some providers on this board. 

I hope this topic can be made permanent like a Start Here.