Just wondering question

32 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

Does a lady know when someone favorites her? Thanks

Yes. We get a notification 

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

interesting!

Good to know!  I also assumed that they may not have known.  Personally I think it would have been hot for one of these ladies to actually contact me after seeing that I had marked them as a favorite.  No one has.  Matter of fact I am going to remove one because they will not answer their PM's or emails that they request for initial contact.

Which brings up an interesting point: are they also notified if you "unfavorite" them?

1 hour ago, new2hobbying said:

Good to know!  I also assumed that they may not have known.  Personally I think it would have been hot for one of these ladies to actually contact me after seeing that I had marked them as a favorite.  No one has.  Matter of fact I am going to remove one because they will not answer their PM's or emails that they request for initial contact.

Most of us have been schooled to wait for a gentleman to contact us. Perhaps I should be more aggressive/forward.

Just now, Audrey Astor said:

Most of us have been schooled to wait for a gentleman to contact us. Perhaps I should be more aggressive/forward.

Audrey Dear, speaking for myself, I am always flattered when a lady, especially one of your stature and fame contacts me and is interested in meeting me. Obviously I cannot speak for other gentlemen but for me, it is always great to hear from a lady that wants to se ME,

much love and many kisses 😘 

When you say “favorite” what does that entail exactly? Fallowing someone? I have no notifications other than people who are on my profile page, reviews, and those who personally write and schedule dates. I know nothing more. 

6 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Are you sure about that?

43 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

Are you sure about that?

Hell nah...😂 I think I was thinking follower not favorite... 

4 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Hell nah...😂 I think I was thinking follower not favorite... 

Marking a profile as favorites is for that User Only.... 

26 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

👏👏👏 

43 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

Now you burst every ones bubble.   If we could mark our not so favorites and be able to sort with them that would be a useful tool. Or at least have the notes change colors or some indication .

2 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Audrey,  Kaduk straightened it out that you don't receive our favorites.  However, I have no problems with the a woman being forward.  Aggressive could be construed the wrong way.  I remember a new to tob traveling girl that sent out pm's (don't know how many) and I was a lucky recipient.  It was well written while I was not able to see her on the first go around I did see her the second time and it was good.   I have also had a few regular traveling ladies send a message, but they tend to send it to late when visiting.  I would think the traveling girls having dates already set up I am sure is helpful.  This would also help those that don't normally have an incall but may want to set one up.

Now I understand you would have to be very careful with this because so many guys that are married or have so's but still play. Choosing the correct communication type would be key. Think of it from the guys perspective. We have seen you and while we know it is a business (some guys may take this wrong also) receiving a "hey I have not seen you in while" or "Something reminded me of you and I just wanted to say hi"  don't you think your repeat business would improve.  What is going through his mind she really did have a good time and does want to see me again.  I make it a point to send a text after our date thanking the YL especially when I have a good time.  It is to bad that I don't receive them from the YL first.  I know I sometimes get lost in the search for the ultimate atf and even though I have a great time with many ladies, some of them don't list that often or I miss seeing their listing if they sent me something It would make me think twice about coming to see them instead of that new face.  Those little gestures go along way.   I remember seeing a post in the forums by one YL and It reminded me i like seeing her but see does not list very often.   I am sure it is hard to balance with this profession emotions and business provide us guys the correct emotions and that is the girl that will probably have the most business. 

3 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I'm with some of the other guys I think it could be a nice thing when a lady shows interest in you too. I actually set up with a yl that I probably would not have if she had not contacted first, and it turned out to be worth seeing her (especially since she wasn't from here)

10 hours ago, mauturin23 said:

Do you get a notification if we un-favorite you? Asking for a friend:)

Me too, :cool:;)

We got off topic a bit, but I really appreciate the information, and will work on taking more initiative.:wub:

3 hours ago, Turtle138 said:

I totally agree.

Agressive women=fun

How does that line go?

Well behaved women seldom make history.

19 hours ago, new2hobbying said:

I have received PM a time or two after "favoriting". I have also seen the notification of their reciprocation a few times.

22 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

Yeah, I didn't know that either.  I thought it was all anonymous.

It is anonymous we do not get a notification. I have been told by several potential and regular clients that I am one of there favorites and we do not know who favorites us. Because I just asked the whisper about this and was told this as well. 

1 minute ago, Calisurfgirl said:

It is anonymous we do not get a notification. I have been told by several potential and regular clients that I am one of there favorites and we do not know who favorites us. Because I just asked the whisper about this and was told this as well. 

5 minutes ago, eatu55 said:

I have received PM a time or two after "favoriting". I have also seen the notification of their reciprocation a few times.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence. Or maybe a fantasy. 

Wait...you mean to tell me it's okay to contact a gentlemen to convince him to come see you?? 

As i recall years ago this upset people!! I remember being chewed out several times for contacting a gentlemen on this board through email or text!! It was like a no go back then! Good to see things have changed!

An Observation;

The saying “Everything in moderation” is prudent when initiatIng any forms of contact. 

Again the favorite feature is for the individual user only & doesn’t go beyond that user.

Every other interaction is visible by users to the extent of each feature found on TOB.

The PM system is the most inclusive of course as it is restricted to a basic one on one.

The over use of any of the features could be considered spamming the board/PM System.

Users have the ability to report these as they see fit.

1 hour ago, SabrinaLynn aka KatieCreme said:

Wait...you mean to tell me it's okay to contact a gentlemen to convince him to come see you?? 

As i recall years ago this upset people!! I remember being chewed out several times for contacting a gentlemen on this board through email or text!! It was like a no go back then! Good to see things have changed!

To Sabrina’s point; remember who you were two years ago as your past persona was in conflict with many of the membership & your unsolicited messaging/PM’ing wasn’t greeted kindly.

As always please be considerate when using the PM function.

2 hours ago, SabrinaLynn aka KatieCreme said:

Sabrina I get contacts from providers that are new and established. It doesn't upset me at all and to be quite honest LOL, its a flattering way for me to notice them. If I have time I will go and visit them. Speaking of that, I just got one today from a newbie.......

1 hour ago, Savoir Faire said:

Sabrina I get contacts from providers that are new and established. It doesn't upset me at all and to be quite honest LOL, it's a flattering way for me to notice them. If I have time I will go and visit them. 

^^True^^

1 hour ago, Savoir Faire said:

Sabrina I get contacts from providers that are new and established. It doesn't upset me at all and to be quite honest LOL, its a flattering way for me to notice them. If I have time I will go and visit them. Speaking of that, I just got one today from a newbie.......

It's not you, it's your cousin Ben they're after. Mercy. 

I've had a handful of ladies reach out via PM's on the board and I am fine with that.  Sometimes it's been a comment on a thread.  Sometimes it is a "Hi" and our PM's have been conversations to see about "mutual interests".   And who knows when those PM's could lead to something mutually enjoyable.  ;)