SultryKitten

Question About Excuses.

42 posts in this topic

So I have a question...

When I get a client that doesn't show up for an appointment, I get these two common excuses. "I got in a car accident." or "My phone broke."

My question is, would it be okay if I asked to see the accident report, or confirmation they got the phone fixed. It seems to me to be a way they are just trying to get out of not being able to see me so they can stay in my "good graces", and a good number of times I feel they are lying about it. I don't like being lied to, and I don't like my time wasted especially if another client was eager to see me at the same time they didn't show.

What is your opinion about this?

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Great thread!  Many ladies are getting more and more of this treatment lately and it costs us money.  

I share the information with other ladies and then if they want to schedule again I ask for 2x donation.  

With all the info going around between us ladies it makes it impossible to believe the excuses. This comes down to a lack of respect. If the excuse was valid they would immediately reschedule and make things right. 

I’m sorry beautiful.

I have had this happen when Offering incall.

I think it is a very COMMON Lie ...and a bad one.

The guys do not seem to realize the amount we invest to accommodate them :( 

I block them , note the incident and move on. 

Keep your chin up love ❤

g3xl2lx.jpg

1. I ran out of gas, forgot my wallet, and used your donation...sorry!

2. My calendar deleted our appt so I forgot. 

3. Will a note from my mom work?

4. I double Booked. 

5. Emergency gall bladder surgery. 

6. My dog wouldn't let me leave. 

7. My cat had puppies. 

8. My lobster says I can't see others. 

9. I thought In meant Out. 

10. Football games on. Go Broncos!

8 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

g3xl2lx.jpg

1. I ran out of gas, forgot my wallet, and used your donation...sorry!

2. My calendar deleted our appt so I forgot. 

3. Will a note from my mom work?

4. I double Booked. 

5. Emergency gall bladder surgery. 

6. My dog wouldn't let me leave. 

7. My cat had puppies. 

8. My lobster says I can't see others. 

9. I thought In meant Out. 

10. Football games on. Go Broncos!

Number 10 is the best

Defiantly #10 I'm so blessed games are on Sunday so I can lay around in my SIGNED Broncos sweatpants and scream at the television! I'm telling you my neighbor's hate football season lol...

I could so see me doing #6 

and I know someone that I nursed for #5

Edited by Laci French

S3, if he made time to book the appointment, he could easily make time to cancel...and stay in your good graces!  I'm sure there are other common lies you ladies hear, but the car accident is crazy. 

Have him take a pic of the accident right away with his phone and send to you.  If he had a doctor's appointment or some other important meeting, he'd make sure somehow, the receiving party will know he'll be late, needs to reschedule or cancel.  If it's a broken phone, I'm not sure how this could  happen.  I did forget my phone once, but luckily, i remembered the number and location and called from another phone.

As others stated, it's really about respect. What sucks is one of the lame excuses will actually happen to a good guy, and It'll seem like he cried wolf.

This is one of those issues where I find it best to have a personal or business policy in place. That way I can work backwards into exceptions rather than trying to treat each case individually. Having a "policy" certainly helps to mitigate my resentments. A rehearsed response sounds more solid than "um, uh, umm...."  and I find results in less push back. Most importantly though, it makes me think through any exceptions I might grant. 

I do know that accidents can happen, and yes, that phones can break, but there are computers everywhere to make contact. The issue I have is not just this one incident, but the others that make the same excuse. I mean, is it really that common that clients get in accidents before seeing us? I find it hard to believe. Phones can break, but again you can get to a computer and email me in a pretty quick manner. 

I have had my phone start updating software right when a client was supposed to show up, or have no internet service, but I do everything in my power to get it working or find another way to contact my client so that I am not standing them up. I feel that clients should do the same if they are really wanting to see me that bad.

I don't feel I am asking for too much. I try to make seeing me as stress free as possible so when I encounter these things, it just makes me want to deal with them less. To me, it makes me feel that my time is not valued. I am not sure about other ladies, but I don't like to be disrespected and that is how I feel. I feel this way about ghosting too...if you ask if I am available, and I give you a time...let me know if it will work or not. You aren't the only one contacting us so communication is important so we aren't wondering if you are going to set up or not.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

I could so see me doing #6 

and I know someone that I nursed for #5

And a MIGHTY FINE nurse you were. 

I believe what Samantha is trying to tell you is this:

When you make a appointment with one of us, we lock that time period. So no man can book for that time frame, it is closed. For a high volume princess, this is a inconvenient set back. For a low volume princess, it can be a major setback. We try to create a great experience for you guys when doing incalls. It takes time and money to do this. We provide extra things for you. Sometimes it is drink, or food,etc.  A clean, safe boudoir sets the scene for your tryst. When you last minute cancellation or no show , you have greatly inconvenienced the provider. 

And I will add, we ladies do talk amongst ourselves. We share information about time wasters, no shows, rough clients,  etc. 

This is supposed to be fun for all involved.   If you really want to see someone else, don't make the appointment in the first place.

3 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

So I have a question...

When I get a client that doesn't show up for an appointment, I get these two common excuses. "I got in a car accident." or "My phone broke."

My question is, would it be okay if I asked to see the accident report, or confirmation they got the phone fixed.  ...

Remember the Golden Rule - Treat others how you wish to be treated.  So turn this around. I’ve gotten (after the fact): “I had a flat.”, “I wrote down the wrong room number.”, “I had to watch my sister’s kids.”, “My exam ran over.”, or the ever popular “I got stuck in traffic.”  All from reputable providers.  How would you react if asked for verification? We clients have an investment in our appointments too.  If you’re charging double for a make-up session, does that mean you’re offering freebies if you miss an appointment? (Realistic? No.  Parity? Yes.)

I’m sorry you’re having NoShow problems. It’s part of the territory. I wish it wasn’t, but it just is.  As someone else said, if it was a legitimate excuse, they’ll rebook.

12 minutes ago, Jez UaBriain said:

I believe what Samantha is trying to tell you is this:

When you make a appointment with one of us, we lock that time period. So no man can book for that time frame, it is closed. ...

My schedule is more flexible these days, but when I was married & still worked for a living having selected a YL & made an appointment locked in that time slot. If we failed to connect, it was usually weeks before I had another opportunity to play. Finding a last minute replacement seldom worked (less than 5%).

— EDIT —

Perhaps part of the problem is perception of impact.  While I was scheduling a dozen appointments per year, the ladies are scheduling several per week. They have greater exposure to the issue.

Edited by Bit Banger
Added thoughts

I tell you one thing, I’d be nervous as hell to go see Sultry Kitten knowing how many guys have crashed trying to see her!  That must be a sign!! :D  just kidding, beautiful.  I’ve certainly had times that I was unable to make the appointment but have always made contact first!!  As much as I want to say that I am always 100% available when I make the appointment, it has happened in the past where someone comes to me and says they need me in certain places at certain times and this isn’t the kind of thing where I can say “hey, I gotta run an errand” or “I have an appointment” because this is so taboo and I certainly don’t like to use lame excuses with CO-workers, bosses and my wife just to see a gal.  I guess it’s a karma thing for me and if something else comes up then I don’t want to blow it off for a guilty pleasure because there could be an underlying reason for this to happen and I, like everyone here, want to be as SAFE as possible.  I don’t tempt fate.  However, as I stated, I have never just not called or shown up.  I will always make sure I give the respect of calling even if she gets mad or black lists me or whatever.  I had one that I really wanted to see a few months ago but she only visited my area about 1-2 times per month on weekends.  I kept asking when she’d be here and tryed to plan and it never worked out but with open communication, she was still kind and hasn’t black listed me...yet.  Still hoping to break away on a Saturday and see her but weekends are busy with family stuff. 

44 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Remember the Golden Rule - Treat others how you wish to be treated.  So turn this around. I’ve gotten (after the fact): “I had a flat.”, “I wrote down the wrong room number.”, “I had to watch my sister’s kids.”, “My exam ran over.”, or the ever popular “I got stuck in traffic.”  All from reputable providers.  How would you react if asked for verification? We clients have an investment in our appointments too.  If you’re charging double for a make-up session, does that mean you’re offering freebies if you miss an appointment? (Realistic? No.  Parity? Yes.)

I’m sorry you’re having NoShow problems. It’s part of the territory. I wish it wasn’t, but it just is.  As someone else said, if it was a legitimate excuse, they’ll rebook.

Unfortunately, being stuck in traffic in Denver is becoming the norm. But, at least with this excuse, they are still going to show up. I have learned you cannot ever second guess traffic patterns.I have left my home early, and still been late due to traffic inconveniences. Something's just can't be helped.  I try to not plan anything else near a planned tryst, so as to not stress on someone showing up 15 to 30 minutes late.  So for a no show, we lose up to a three hour window of opportunity. And I reiterate from my prior post that this can greatly inconvenience a low volume providers ability to pay her bills. This is why it is important, and not just a sign of respectful courtesy to let your provider know you need to reschedule-not cancel, as soon as you can.  She can then take another client into that time frame. It's business, besides playtime for us.☘️

Edited by Jez UaBriain
Spelling

One way to fix This problem is having a full or part time income so your not needing to rely on John's to pay your bills, anybody who can't get a job here in Colorado just don't want one,  because there are plenty of them.

What Bit said. Goes both ways. Imagine the howling from the ladies or white knights if guys asked the ladies for proof of accident, phone broke, watch sisters kids, school ran late, car broke down, etc.

From a provider angle, request a deposit. Or require a prepay if they want a second chance. Or schedule "if ready in next X minutes, then we're on". Otherwise, yeah, sucks, but don't book that guy ever again.

2 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

What Bit said. Goes both ways. Imagine the howling from the ladies or white knights if guys asked the ladies for proof of accident, phone broke, watch sisters kids, school ran late, car broke down, etc.

Exactly. Dudes suffer the same lies as the OP.

My 2 favorites are:

I had to take my ....... to the hospital.

I couldn’t make it because I stayed up all night with my sick grandmother.

Sorry this is happening to You Sultry but the same crap is happening to John.

Sam: if those are common excuses you repeatedly hear, I’d tend to think they are just that: lame, lazy excuses. Put those guys in a category of “flakes”: don’t make your own plans with them in mind, don’t give them priority booking if you have other clients interested. Assume they might cancel or are double- booking if they don’t follow up with you with convincing evidence and try to reschedule. Maintain the value of your time, and make clients match up. Just my 2 cents

9 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

So I have a question...

My question is, would it be okay if I asked to see the accident report, or confirmation they got the phone fixed. It seems to me to be a way they are just trying to get out of not being able to see me so they can stay in my "good graces", and a good number of times I feel they are lying about it. I don't like being lied to, and I don't like my time wasted especially if another client was eager to see me at the same time they didn't show.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Miss Samantha, 

welcome to  OUR world.

Excuse numero uno, Phone died, lost phone, phone broke, had to order new phone, phone got stolen, broke screen. Am I missing anything guys?

Car wreck  doesn’t appear on my list of excuses until like ,... doesn’t appear.

Frankly I don’t give a frogs fat ass why she NCNS me. If she gives ANY excuse, I may or may not consider seeing her, It depends on how much I really wanted to see her, how apologetic she is, does she have other NCNS reviews? Lots to consider.

sure, go ahead and ask away if he will produce a report, a phone receipt, 

i have had the reverse happen, declined a request from a lady, and wasted my time on a NCNS.

Edited by a_happycamper_12

10 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

So I have a question...

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Simple.  When they don't show up, just record their excuse and forget about them.  

If they come back later trying again, then they must prove the excuse.  Like a receipt from the tire place, the obituary for grandma, the arrest report, the vial holding their appendix in formaldehyde, etc.

10 hours ago, BigBaldBlk said:

S3, if he made time to book the appointment, he could easily make time to cancel...and stay in your good graces!  I'm sure there are other common lies you ladies hear, but the car accident is crazy. 

Have him take a pic of the accident right away with his phone and send to you.  If he had a doctor's appointment or some other important meeting, he'd make sure somehow, the receiving party will know he'll be late, needs to reschedule or cancel.  If it's a broken phone, I'm not sure how this could  happen.  I did forget my phone once, but luckily, i remembered the number and location and called from another phone.

As others stated, it's really about respect. What sucks is one of the lame excuses will actually happen to a good guy, and It'll seem like he cried wolf.

Triple B, I haven't had a car accident before but I have had a flat tire not once but twice. The first flat tire it was with a new girl. The second flat tire was with a girl that I have seen a few times. Can you believe, I was like 5 minutes away from her IN CALL and both girls I communicated that I had a flat tire, sent them photos to prove that I wasn't lying as well. The one I had seen a few times, I even asked her to come pick me up LOL and she went COLD TURKEY on me. Didn't answer the phone and I was stranded for a few hours. Talked to her the next day LOL and lets just say she saw someone else.

11 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

So I have a question...

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Sultry if it were me,  I would have no problem taking a picture of the accident damage or damaged phone and sending that to you. As I said to Triple B, I have had two flat tires on the way to see two different girls, both thought I was lying even with me taking pics and sending it to them. I am sorry that you are getting the rundown excuses but believe me, us guys get our fare share as well. My opinion is to note who the guy is and give him a one strike chance. Some girls I have given a ton of chances and in all honesty, they turn out to be very good providers. Sometimes circumstances happen that are beyond your control and sometimes those excuses that look and seem like lies really did happen.

I have actually had a flat tire on the way to an appointment AND I still made it on time!  It was like an INDY 500 pit stop minus the crew!

Samantha, I'll just say, it's their loss, and you should simply note who it is, and block them. Put 'em on the blacklist.

I guess I've been lucky! I've NEVER had a lady NCNS me. Thank heavens! :D

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

Samantha, I'll just say, it's their loss, and you should simply note who it is, and block them. Put 'em on the blacklist.

I guess I've been lucky! I've NEVER had a lady NCNS me. Thank heavens! :D

You just won't admit it 😂