ReadySetGoForIt

DiGiorno and Wine Selection

46 posts in this topic

This entire thread is hilarious.  Way to come out strong on your first post. You should’ve done Papa Murphy’s. 

8 minutes ago, Laci French said:

This entire thread is hilarious.  Way to come out strong on your first post. You should’ve done Papa Murphy’s. 

Or maybe CiCi's for that ultimate dining experience😁😁😁 but then would have to get more serious with the wine selection

My grandmother used to swear by Mogen David 😳

9 hours ago, Rick_A said:

I worked at that Pizza Hut in '75 (I wasted 8 months at CU).

10 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I built the arches!

SO,

you guys probably remember the Dark Horse Bar! And The Broker right across the drive!? I used to TROLL those 2 Bars! Picked up SO many ladies!..LMAO

In fact, a special someone at Dark Horse! Damn that brings back memories! Seriously, you could count on a fight every Friday and Saturday nigh. AND count on getting lucky! ;)

I tended to hang out at the Pioneer Bar in Nederland.  A colorful and wonderful place it was.  That was where I learned to detect the early warning signs of a bar-fight, so that I could begin to deftly weave my cowardly and yet prudent way towards the exit (never too far away), and how to dodge a flying beer pitcher.  On the other hand, you might end up sitting with Joe Walsh and friends at the bar.

Edited by BadBoy
to make it read better ; )

12 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

Or maybe CiCi's for that ultimate dining experience😁😁😁 but then would have to get more serious with the wine selection

Cici’s. I remember Shakeys. Back in Jr. High.

9 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I tended to hang out at the Pioneer Bar in Nederland.  A colorful and wonderful place it was.  That was where I learned to detect the early warning signs of a bar-fight, so that I could begin to deftly weave my cowardly and yet prudent way towards the exit (never too far away), and how to dodge a flying beer pitcher.  On the other hand, you might end up sitting with Joe Walsh and friends at the bar.

Never partied up in Nedhead! That canyon drive took my father's life.

But you know, alcohol and a$$holes makes a great combination in any bar!

Clearly, this has become us old guys "I remember when..." thread! :)

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

It has sorta gone off track from the OP’s original question.

To help bring this back on track, drink whatever your favorite wine or beverage is with pizza.

9 hours ago, pfunk said:

Yeah, you are right, we did hijack it a bit, but most of the sidetracks had something to do with pizza!  Besides, the OP track had pretty much run it's course: Once you get a picture of MadDog 20/20 as a wine recommendation with pizza, really, what more is there to say?

Edited by BadBoy

On 8/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, BadBoy said:

Yeah, you are right, we did hijack it a bit, but most of the sidetracks had something to do with pizza!  Besides, the OP track had pretty much run it's course: Once you get a picture of MadDog 20/20 as a wine recommendation with pizza, really, what more is there to say?

You could always discuss which is the best wine opener purchase to uncork your bottle. I’m always breaking off & leaving half the cork.🍷 

box wine you can just punch a hole through with a screw driver.

wine bottles with twist caps you just need to remember—-> right tighty lefty lossey....

16 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

You could always discuss which is the best wine opener to uncork your bottle. I’m always breaking off & leaving half the cork in the bottle 🍷 

box wine you can just punch a hole through with a screw driver.

I have used this one for decades: has always got the cork out and doubles as a bottle opener.

https://www.amazon.com/Monopol-Westmark-Germany-Two-Prong-Puller/dp/B0002WZR4K/ref=pd_sim_79_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0002WZR4K&pd_rd_r=MRRJE0S3KDRRB14JZZVJ&pd_rd_w=jZ9hQ&pd_rd_wg=Kr2K9&psc=1&refRID=MRRJE0S3KDRRB14JZZVJ

Big fan of boxed wine. Some nice ones out there that I pick up for cooking, keeps well, makes for easy swig with whatever you cooked with it. And yes, can just punch a hole in it if the tap malfunctions. And can remove the bag from the box to cut down on space the thing takes up. Another substitute for cooking wine are the airline sized bottles at the liquor store. More $$/oz, but each bottle is about one cup and makes easy to keep around small amounts, if just needing splashes of wine here and there (and of course can slam down what's left in the bottle).

13 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Thanks I just ordered one.....

Boink buy the rechargeable one.  Less effort to open the wine and quicker😁😁

On 8/1/2018 at 5:24 PM, NoCoGeezer said:

I have used this one for decades: has always got the cork out and doubles as a bottle opener.

https://www.amazon.com/Monopol-Westmark-Germany-Two-Prong-Puller/dp/B0002WZR4K/ref=pd_sim_79_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0002WZR4K&pd_rd_r=MRRJE0S3KDRRB14JZZVJ&pd_rd_w=jZ9hQ&pd_rd_wg=Kr2K9&psc=1&refRID=MRRJE0S3KDRRB14JZZVJ

Big fan of boxed wine. Some nice ones out there that I pick up for cooking, keeps well, makes for easy swig with whatever you cooked with it. And yes, can just punch a hole in it if the tap malfunctions. And can remove the bag from the box to cut down on space the thing takes up. Another substitute for cooking wine are the airline sized bottles at the liquor store. More $$/oz, but each bottle is about one cup and makes easy to keep around small amounts, if just needing splashes of wine here and there (and of course can slam down what's left in the bottle).

Just ordered for my friends.

1 hour ago, Cecilia said:

Just ordered for my friends.

It Works great ......