fishndude57

Pony Up or Not…

32 posts in this topic

...Ok, my renewal is due up for P411 August 12th, I still have time to mail in 1 year renewal at $xxx.xx, or CC for a 6mo renewal at $xx.xx. P411 has been such a huge part of my ability to meet Ladies. I’m torn though about renewing at all. Mostly because as a paying member of ECCIE, once they came back on they shit all over me. They suck. TER keeps notifying I have expired, and I keep telling them, “Huh” how can I expire. They only always suggest a VPN, so I hope they absconded with a lot of fees like ECCIE did. So what think? Who’s renewing where and why please?

With the proposed future changes in P411, I too am considering letting my membership expire.

I agree a hard decision. The only reviews I know of are on TNA and here and here (TOB). TOB is of more value to me.

I will not renew under the circumstances. If it creates a problem, I’m ready to say goodbye. 

But I also have a lot of hobbies. Some things lose their color over time. I’d measure worth against sacrifice. These days I’m finding myself worth more and more. But that is a personal  decision. I think it should be personal for you as well. No one will be able to answer for you, at least not in the manner that means something to you. 

Edited by Vassago
Fucking phone typing just shits

I'm in the same boat, but don't have to renew for a few more months. I do like they way P411 works as of now, and I'm comfortable with it. If it stays some what similar to what it is I might re up if not it will be time to decide, and in my case I don't think it would make life to difficult since I only see ladies from TOB, and cross them through 411

1 minute ago, richinco said:

I'm in the same boat, but don't have to renew for a few more months. I do like they way P411 works as of now, and I'm comfortable with it. If it stays some what similar to what it is I might re up if not it will be time to decide, and in my case I don't think it would make life to difficult since I only see ladies from TOB, and cross them through 411

I think it’s more than likely to make things more difficult for the ladies than the gentlemen, but wtf do I know?

Mine came up at the beginning of July so I reupped for 6 months, and don’t plan to renew after that. I was on the fence with the original email and then that second one dropped with all the clarifications making the restructure far less appealing to put it lightly. 

If you can survive without it then do so. If not then roll with it. Given your timing if you did 6 months you’d sure as hell get a good feel for the cutover Which should heavily impact your future decision to keep it or not going forward. 

Do to renew in September I'm totally on the fence but don't know enough about anything to make an informed decision. I agree with fish any information will help

6 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

...Ok, my renewal is due up for P411 August 12th, I still have time to mail in 1 year renewal at $xxx.xx, or CC for a 6mo renewal at $xx.xx. P411 has been such a huge part of my ability to meet Ladies. I’m torn though about renewing at all. Mostly because as a paying member of ECCIE, once they came back on they shit all over me. They suck. TER keeps notifying I have expired, and I keep telling them, “Huh” how can I expire. They only always suggest a VPN, so I hope they absconded with a lot of fees like ECCIE did. So what think? Who’s renewing where and why please?

Funny that this topic came up right at the time mine is set to expire.

I didn't have any reservations about reupping for another round until I stumbled in here. Now I've been weighing it out all day. My conclusion...

In a hobby where $300/hr is a normal expenditure, what is $150/yr to keep a tool in your back pocket for verification, research, knowledge and a bit of piece of mind. If it goes tits up in then end, I feel we would all be out a valuable resource, but until then I'm holding on to it.

I feel better meeting ladies who are p411 verified, and I also find it easier that I'm a verified member as well. Using p411 and TOB together is kind of how I've always done it, and so long as they both stay afloat, I will continue to do so.

Think the activity list will stay on P411?

Wish there could be some new features added to TOB that would help P411 members connect after changes. 

Been a member many years, always been good to me.  I get confused reading the two official messages about how all is supposed to work with expected changes.  Everything is so in flux that I plan to renew at least six months into changes and decide then how useful it is or is not.  Agree with Moose .... comparatively small cost.

Look at it this way:

If you hobby once/month the $150 is <$15/session, which is ~5% on a $300 visit.  To me the reduction in hassle & improvement in quality is definitely worth that much.

Renewal is a nice option. I didn't know about it until they closed to new members. Think twice about cancelling it - there's not much out there. 

21 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Look at it this way:

If you hobby once/month the $150 is <$15/session, which is ~5% on a $300 visit.  To me the reduction in hassle & improvement in quality is definitely worth that much.

The wise man said it for me! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And if you date a couple of times a week, it's only $1.50 per date. Easily worth every penny. I'm sticking with it until I actually see the changes.

my subscription is up in September...I got curious as to renewal options...looks like as of today, max renewal is 6 months @ $99.    I prob will renew for 6 months then see how things shake out...but annually at $198 for the upcoming changes...will have to see.

I started with p411 when I was new any it was extremely helpful. When my first renewal came up they had almost doubled the rate and I was finding the same women on tob. They are a useful tool but I found most of the women did not not read the guys profile when being contacted. I had considered p411 when the shake up happened. While i have not seen the emails or what is currently posted on the site you will have to individually choose whether or not it is worth it to you because ymmv regardless even though they are in p411 

13 hours ago, Winston_Smith said:

my subscription is up in September...I got curious as to renewal options...looks like as of today, max renewal is 6 months @ $99.    I prob will renew for 6 months then see how things shake out...but annually at $198 for the upcoming changes...will have to see.

I sent them the one-year renewal fee and they accepted it and renewed me, which brings it down to $150 for the year.  I find it useful enough for that amount already, but the main reason I renewed was because I am still worried about other channels disappearing, and I don't want to be in the position of not being able to joint P411 at that time, with everything else gone.  I'm not going to get too worked up about the "changes" until I actually see them and see how it impacts the site.

13 hours ago, Winston_Smith said:

They still have the year option...you just have to mail it, no cc for that option. 

Thanks for the tip on the 1 year mail in option...I will prob do that since it's not that much more than the 6 month online renewal.  But I agree, have to see what changes are made to pony up beyond the renew period.

I am so on the fence about renewing P411. Wish we all knew what the revamped P411 was going to do and look like 

On 7/28/2018 at 3:19 PM, fishndude57 said:

Mine is up may 12th of 3010. it's  a decision I don't regret.

11 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Boink how old are you really?

Hes gonna put his p411 account in his will... or maybe hes like father time....🤔

I'm opting 6 mos, that'll give me 2 mos into the new world, then I'll decide from there. 

Edited by fishndude57
Fuckin autocorrect, so I corrected the fuckin autocorrect.

12 hours ago, boink36 said:

Mine is up may 12th of 3010. it's  a decision I don't regret.

WHAT? Mine is only good until September 20, 3000. How'd you get those extra 10 years??

For what its worth, I'm comfortable renewing my membership for now. I like the verification capability for safety reasons, and am keeping my hopes up that wisdom will prevail regarding recent regulation. P411 membership implies a level of professionalism for both provider and client, at least in my mind. Perhaps I will feel differently once the service is verification only in 2019:)

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

WHAT? Mine is only good until September 20, 3000. How'd you get those extra 10 years??

Boink is special 

Some years ago Gina offered a lifetime membership that turns out to be the best investment I've ever made, I'm good until 3011 and I hope that at that date I can talk her into an extension.  If all my investments were as positive as my P411 investment, my hopbbying budget would be much more robust.  Thanks P411 for all you do.  I consider it a national treasure.

6 hours ago, time4fun said:

Some years ago Gina offered a lifetime membership that turns out to be the best investment I've ever made, I'm good until 3011 and I hope that at that date I can talk her into an extension.  If all my investments were as positive as my P411 investment, my hopbbying budget would be much more robust.  Thanks P411 for all you do.  I consider it a national treasure.

I tried to get an extension early but I was told to send an email in 3009. I have a post it note on my computer to remind me. :D 

Yes, maybe the oldtimers can ask Gina for an extension into the next millenium.  Hobbying is the elixir and there's not reason we should be able to continue for another century.