Bora Bora

Tips for Newbies

9 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a Pinned or Featured thread with info and recommendations for the newbies? We all want to help the new guys, we all have been the new guy at some point, but I think we are repeating the same thing once and again. Maybe it would be more efficient to have something like "Tips for Newbies" as the one of the first threads of the General Discussion Forum.

The only downside I see is that some new guy may actually read it and heed it and deprive the majority of members of the fun of hazing the FNG. Otherwise, i think it's a great idea. When the inevitable rookie post hits the board, we can all post the link to the pinned thread.

TIP 1: Read a lady's website/webpage. Independent provider means every lady has her own protocol. Not one size fits all. 

Read a lady's webpage/site. 

Relate to the lady as if *nothing* is "a sure thing" the access to and enjoyment of which you can just take for granted. That includes your introduction, interim correspondence (emails, phone calls, texts), in-person interaction throughout the appointment, and any subsequent contact. This will encourage you to treat the lady with consideration, respect, and class. She will appreciate it.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to pin a thread tips for newbies. as a provider I will explain why, by creating a thread such as tips for newbies you were also allowing since it’s a public forum and does not require someone to join the other board to read the forum  topics or reviews.  So if there is LE reading the forums Which they probably do from time to time then you’re giving them a step-by-step guide of how to overcome the new B status and seek a provider. And I’m not saying your suggestion is not needed. But what you can do is post newbie suggestion in a DM and reach out personally to those that post something on the forum. Because we do not want this arena a.k.a. the other board that is supposed to be a safe way to chat and interact with one another whether on the site or offsite. The creation of that would put providers greatly at risk by doing so would limit the amount of clients that are seen. So it would not  be beneficial for clients either.

Edited by Calisurfgirl
Forgot to include a word.

7 minutes ago, Calisurfgirl said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea to pin a thread tips for newbies. as a provider I will explain why, by creating a thread such as tips for newbies you were also allowing since it’s a public forum and does not require someone to join the other board to read the forum  topics or reviews.  So if there is LE reading the forums Which they probably do from time to time then you’re giving them a step-by-step guide of how to overcome the new B status and seek a provider. And I’m not saying your suggestion is not needed. But what you can do is post newbie suggestion in a DM and reach out personally to those that post something on the forum. Because we do not want this arena a.k.a. the other board that is supposed to be a safe way to chat and interact with one another whether on the site or offsite. The creation of that would put providers greatly at risk by doing so would limit the amount of clients that are seen. So it would not  be beneficial for clients either.

Hmmm... good point!

30 minutes ago, Calisurfgirl said:

Frankly, all anyone has to do is google "theotherboard" with any known handle and they can find everything any of us posts. It's a moot point.

49 minutes ago, Calisurfgirl said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea to pin a thread tips for newbies. ...

I also think it’s a moot point because any vice department worth it’s salt has been following the various boards for years. They already know all this stuff.  Hell, they could probably teach us ole timers a few tricks they’ve picked up from other boards & vice departments around the country. 

But the newbies could use the education. Some of it’s outdated, but Marc Perkel has several newbie guides.

I do agree with both posts but I would also like to add that LE had backpage and the other websites to concentrate on. Now they do not .