fmr_racerCOS

What constitutes courtesy and Gentle-manly behavior now days?

20 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone,

I’m a bit confused as how to reach out to some of the ladies here.  Having been military, My go-to introduction generally involves “Good evening Miss...,” or some variation wherein.  I never try to waste anyone’s time, although sometimes I am just doing research and I make that clear from the start.  I also always, end thanking the lady for her time.  I realize there is no absolute right way to initiate contact albeit there are obviously wrong ways .  I typically only receive 1/4 of msg’s back the others are usually complete radio silence.  

Every provider is different, so look at her webpage/site and see what her process is. Then just follow that process. Not every provider has the same process. If you do this and still don't receive a reply, just move on to the next. 

I would introduce yourself, maybe even send.your board handle so they know your serious. With the recent influx of BS... lots if ladies wont respond to a basic generic.message 

Be patient grasshopper, there are some, or at least one that will contact you. 

This is a quote from thread that was started a couple of months ago.  I think it might apply.  This is the way I contact a lady.  I believe in being respectful and kind.

"I completely agree.  It doesn't take much more time to be polite and respectful.  When inquiring to someone new to me, I usually text (if text is the preferred method), "Hi XXX my name is ZZZ.  I saw your post on the board and it interested me.  If you text me back, I'm happy to give you my board handle.  Or if you prefer, I can PM you on the board. I look forward to hearing back from you."  If I get a somewhat positive response, I offer my board handle and offer again to PM her from the board.  At that time I also suggest a time, for how long and say that if this time doesn't work for her, please suggest another time.  And I do say "the board", not TOB, just in case it is a wrong number (which I've had happen once....thankfully I was generic enough to get a nice reply that I must have texted a wrong number). Then I see how the conversation flows.  I try to be friendly, open and polite in my texts, on the phone and in person.  So far, I've met some lovely ladies and hope it continues.

For me, being kind, respectful and polite is the way I try to live my life.  Here in our community and everywhere else.  I know I am an old guy, but for me, I've learned that being nice makes me feel better and doesn't cost anything extra except maybe a bit more time."

I try not to be generic initial msgs, however I also I’m always aware the number/contact method could be incorrect so I am careful with the wording until I can reasonably confirm whom I’m talking too.  I don’t mind introducing myself but again once I’m pretty sure I’m speaking to my intended recipient.  I’m not a fan of throwing out my handle to a new lady, to me it feels like I’m fishing for a discount, which isn’t my modus-aperande.

53 minutes ago, fmr_racerCOS said:

I’m a bit confused as how to reach out to some of the ladies here.  Having been military, My go-to introduction generally involves “Good evening Miss...,” or some variation wherein.

Narc!!!!

But seriously, it is a little stiff, no pun intended. Miss part. Can also come across as a bot.

As average1 posted, a simple, Hi/Hello works great. Heck, even the "good morning/afternoon/evening" and her first name is fine. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

A dick pic usually breaks the ice.

Only if creative 

10 hours ago, fmr_racerCOS said:

I never try to waste anyone’s time, although sometimes I am just doing research and I make that clear from the start. <snip>  I typically only receive 1/4 of msg’s back the others are usually complete radio silence.  

Some girls are not going to respond unless you want to schedule an appt.

Also, if you send an email, when the ad, or website, asks you to text/call, they probably won't respond. 

If a provider says "text or call. No explicit talk" and you email asking about BBBJ, you wont get a response.

7 hours ago, Laci French said:

Only if creative 

I agree. We need to get those creative juices flowing. Shot from behind, balls dangling. Preferably in black and white or sepia. 

Read their website, ad etc., contact them with their preferred method. Whether it’s email, the form on their site, text etc, be complete and forthcoming with the information: name/ hobby name you use, phone, email,age, references an introduction, requested date and time of meeting and duration. If a lady asks for information that you are not comfortable providing, tell her that, and offer up something else, or move on to the next lady. Redacting information that you do not want to provide, will get you ignored, or neccessetate 20 more emails, which is aggravating.  Good luck, I’m sure it will all work out. :-)

1 hour ago, Vassago said:

I agree. We need to get those creative juices flowing. Shot from behind, balls dangling. Preferably in black and white or sepia. 

Great video! So funny how women don't think that much about the guys' "manly parts" while most men think all the time about the ladies' "girly parts" LOL

13 hours ago, fmr_racerCOS said:

Good evening everyone,

I’m a bit confused as how to reach out to some of the ladies here.  Having been military, My go-to introduction generally involves “Good evening Miss...,” or some variation wherein.  I never try to waste anyone’s time, although sometimes I am just doing research and I make that clear from the start.  I also always, end thanking the lady for her time.  I realize there is no absolute right way to initiate contact albeit there are obviously wrong ways .  I typically only receive 1/4 of msg’s back the others are usually complete radio silence.  

You have been here a good 3 years. Try messaging from your board handle. Include date and time requested. Also if you can include one link to a recent verified provider in your message that would help out a lot. Also a contact phone number can go a long way... Happy Hobbying

12 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Be patient grasshopper, there are some, or at least one that will contact you. 

Patient is key! As many have stated before most ladies do not sit around their"office" or phones all day waiting on that call!

How often do they "go to the office"  I feel a week is too long to wait.

Just be yourself and see what the ladies contact preference is based on any information posted or her website. Ladies have to be cautious these days so that could be why the response is slow. Someone will get back to you and hope you have a great experience! 

Read their website, ad etc., contact them with their preferred method. If its a text I normally include some details, such as desired time, date and appointment length (I always say appointment in case its a wrong number). I make no reference to the type of appointment of course. I offer up the fact that I have a board handle, references etc. If I get a reply I will send what they request for screening. I am always polite, before during and after appointments! Some people never respond. I move on in those cases.   

To answer the question in the topic line. My thought is courtesy and gentlemanly is the same now days as it has always been.

Respect, discreet, and be sincere. I have not run into an issue personally following those guidelines. Good luck.