CallieVane

The Days Are Warm and The Nights Are Young

28 posts in this topic

I love the summertime and I particularly enjoy that golden hour right around twilight, when everything looks hazy and soft. As soon as the sun sets I find myself taking a cool shower and curling up on my couch with yet another biography and a cup of cold tea. What are some of your favorite things to do in the summer when the sun goes down? :) 

Just now, acmb2017 said:

Is this a trick question?  :P

Perhaps. ;) 

Well I feel like I would get in trouble with the mods if I answer specifically,  let's just go with what she said .:)

2 minutes ago, acmb2017 said:

Is this a trick question?  :P

Knitting of course....anyone need some socks?

1 minute ago, acmb2017 said:

Well I feel like I would get in trouble with the mods if I answer specifically,  let's just go with what she said .:)

Perhaps I should amend my question. 🤣 outside of the obvious after dark summer activity, what do you also enjoy doing once the sun sets but the air is still warm? 

Just now, Laci French said:

LACI! Please, please, please teach me how to knit! I only know how to crochet lopsided beanies! 

You have a deal. Bring the baby oil, melted chocolate and ice cream😜

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Deal! We could 2 for 1 and just do melted chocolate ice cream! ;) 

Summer camping...milking the last rays of daylight to read a little more, then putting the book aside to listen to the stillness and the birds as I sip from a glass of Glenmorangie Lasanta...

Well since you amended. I am usually out on the motorcycle most of the summer. 

58 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Laci, This is at least the 2nd post were you have brought socks into the conversation...am I sensing a fetish? 😊

Relax with a nice cold drink and a friend and watched the clouds and Stars and talk about all the things we have in common

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Sock it to me... ;)

57 minutes ago, Juskiddng said:

Laci, This is at least the 2nd post were you have brought socks into the conversation...am I sensing a fetish? 😊

Is my sock puppet fetish showing?:P

I like two things: either fixing things at home and doing some maintenance to keep things working well, or reading a good essay or an interesting book with classical music playing in the background. 

4 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Deal! We could 2 for 1 and just do melted chocolate ice cream! ;) 

Now that you two went there, I can't think of anything other than joining you both while Callie is learning to knit a sock for...

Watching the sun set with a cold brew in my hand, with great company, and great conversation.  I love summer nights like that. 

Ideally a couple hours in the evening with my knees in the breeze, get home about sunset, open an ice cold lager and sit and listen to the sprinklers go ch ch ch.  Unfortunately so far this summer it has been more a dream than reality.  Too much time on the road working........

7 hours ago, Laci French said:

Can you knit the face of German Shepard in the socks?

Hotzy wants a poodle😂

15 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Hotzy wants a poodle😂

O2VMMp3.jpg?1

hu9nr8b

hu9nr8b.jpg

Edited by Laci French

5 minutes ago, Laci French said:

hu9nr8b

hu9nr8b.jpg

Look at what I can do now 💥 

13 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Look at what I can do now 💥 

Oh Shit! 

10 hours ago, Laci French said:

Laci, because of you and Callie, I have an image in my head....a very good image....and I have quite the imagination.  ;)

10 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Perhaps I should amend my question. 🤣 outside of the obvious after dark summer activity, what do you also enjoy doing once the sun sets but the air is still warm? 

Sometimes I just sit out on the porch and watch the sun set while drinking a sparkling water over ice.  Either before or after the sun sets, maybe a shower and a slow, relaxing shave.  Sometimes it's just sparkling water and watching Netflix.  Just started a 6 episode series called "Kiss Me First", which is creepy, but interesting.  I just finished "The Forest" on Netflix.  This past year I've gotten into some of the foriegn, subtitled offerings.

There are also nights when a shower and relaxing shave are followed with a good book.

So many options.  I am grateful to be able to have a variety of fairly simple things to enjoy fully and mindfully.

Laughing with friends and a glass of wine watching the clouds and sunset listening to something on the turntable. Granted there are plenty of other fun activities to do in the summer.