Fun4uco

Reposting professionalism

48 posts in this topic

I won't name names, but is it just me that finds it tacky when a provider reposts every 10 seconds or less. Literally, no joke. Seems at evening hours if you refresh, a certain lady is always at the top. Occasionally you'll see someone else on top, but if you refresh immediately this, 1 provider will be back on top.

Is it just me that finds this unprofessional? Its like she isn't busy at all for jobs or people contacting her. That, or she has an "assistant?"

Edited by Fun4uco

I have noticed this in the ads as well.  I don't have any empirical data but there are a few names that seem to "stick" in the top spot for a while as other names get added below.  Always made me wonder a little if this was an additional option a lady could elect to use from TOB.  Kind of like wanting you website to be on the top of a Google search?    

It is the provider reposting every minute.  She thinks that being at the top of the first page will bring her more business.  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Clearly that doesn't work because it irritates everyone just seeing her ad over and over and over again at the top of the page. She obviously is not busy because she has enough time to do this.

I haven’t looked, but this has to be a new provider who is used to advertising on BP

Advertising is just that getting your name out to potential customers is the objective as was said if you are willing to spend the money and or the time that is what you have decided as a business model. It would however become quite comical if all decided to do the same thing.

14 hours ago, Fun4uco said:

I won't name names, but is it just me that finds it tacky when a provider reposts every 10 seconds or less. Literally, no joke. Seems at evening hours if you refresh, a certain lady is always at the top. Occasionally you'll see someone else on top, but if you refresh immediately this, 1 provider will be back on top.

Is it just me that finds this unprofessional? Its like she isn't busy at all for jobs or people contacting her. That, or she has an "assistant?"

And why does this matter to you?? Do you pay any of these ladies bills??? This post pissed me off!! What we do with our time is non of anyones business!!

16 hours ago, Fun4uco said:

I open the listings then immediately click on the 2nd page. I never read the first page just because of this. 

Age old concern of some.  There was a large discussion once about the 'weekend' ads on another site.  Whoever posted at exactly 9pm on sunday held that top spot till thursday when it opened again.  Became an insane competition and some even blamed the mods (really?).  Lot of hooplah over nothing really.  Lots of discussion - and - IMO, the most sensible deduction is if it isn't your thing then disregard it.  A good montra for a lot of this hobby, no? As much as research is your friend so is scrolling.  Everyone has their opinion (me included) as to the type of advertising that gets the spidey senses tingling, and we simply migrate to those ads/areas/people.  We make calls, if we are lucky and approved, we have great dates, and do it all over again. 

Try not to let the little things bug ya.  Clouds the reality that this little community has an amazing number of woman who are great dates.  Enough for a lot of people to get together and have a lot of fun.  

9 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Gosh, OP, you must have a lot of time on your hands to be offended by such an irrelevant issue.  The gals have to pay $$$ every time they bump to the top.  If she has made a business decision to do so, whose business is it, and why would anyone mind?

273254-Generation-Butthurt.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

273254-Generation-Butthurt.jpg

+1

I hope you aren’t referring to these Listing set at the top of the page, as they are set to refresh evertime...

301750A3-EC9C-458B-9CFB-EDAE6BA0F696.jpeg 

23 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Gosh, OP, you must have a lot of time on your hands to be offended by such an irrelevant issue.  The gals have to pay $$$ every time they bump to the top.  If she has made a business decision to do so, whose business is it, and why would anyone mind?

Actually on TOB you can bump a paid ad anytime you want for free. Auto posting does cost tho. 😊 

IMO it's super annoying. Or amanagement practice 

Edited by MeganMarie4u

On 7/21/2018 at 0:34 AM, Fun4uco said:

Not sure why this matters? Ladies do what is needed for business. If it turns you off, scroll past the ad. 

Maybe more ladies would benefit from purchasing a banner and it will constantly be there in view??

i agree with Zelda on whatever works for each individual lady.  Power to the p*@@y!

4 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Actually on TOB you can bump a paid ad anytime you want for free. Auto posting does cost tho. 😊 

Thank you Megan. To me it screams management/pimp more than anything. I hate seeing women getting the money they earn taken from them that they earn and sometimes can be taken advantage of. I think a lot of guys don't like seeing prividere they know have "management." To me there is a very fine line between trafficking and "management."

As to the people who say I'm butt hurt. No, its more like when you go to a tourist spot and people keep asking you to try a time share sales presentation every 20 seconds as you walk around. To me, reposting every 20 seconds is as annoying and low class as that. To me. Sure, it probably works or they wouldn't do it. But you cant say you don't get annoyed when you are somewhere and pushy sales people keep bothering you with what you (if you do) consider low class sales tactics. 

But yes, I just skip over it. I also feel bad for ladies that don't on top for more than 20 seconds, but they still get seen. 

11 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

always wondered how a certain lady was always on the top of the page........

1 hour ago, parkercole said:

always wondered how a certain lady was always on the top of the page........

Fast fingers😂 I’m gonna race her

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Fast fingers😂 I’m gonna race her

😂😂😂 like u have time for that....

Unless you train Siri! 

Edited by MeganMarie4u

I need a monkey to do the tough work for me.

20 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I need a monkey to do the tough work for me.

Ready

Set

Go!

Man, I hope it's not the few times a month I post high and realize I spelled things wrong and fix it. hahaha If so I am super sorry. Could also be that no one else has posted or re-bumped themselves cause a lot of us like to have fun at night. 

On 7/21/2018 at 9:17 AM, Bora Bora said:

I really don't mind. If that works for them, then good for them.

Agreed! If she paid for ads, AND it's allowed, More power to her.

Is it just me that finds this unprofessional? 

Yes

Fun thanks for bringing this up LOL. I was curious and wondering if it was my browser playing tricks on me at times. I am not always checking TOB listings but it seemed like every single time that I logged on TOB after midnight that familiar profile/face would sure enough pop up. It didn't annoy me or make me see her as unprofessional, it actually made me NOTICE who she was/click on her profile more than a few times. It also caused me to REFRESH my browser, INVESTIGATE and click on page 2 more so than I normally would.  They say that CURIOSITY kills the CAT. Well in this case, this post/SATISFACTION brought the cat back...................

I don’t think there is something wrong in posting your ads  every girls paid for the ads they post 

As long they follow the rules   They can  post  

I did have to laugh when one of the agencies use to post on here more often... The second I would post an ad their ad would be over mine... maybe, that they just paid extra to always be the top ad, or they had someone that was really busy posting every time they became second....