Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vassago

They all said no when I asked them to The Prom

3 posts in this topic

For me, that was a long time ago.

I attended our 20th class reunion. It was coordinated by the ladies who had been our cheerleaders. They printed our Senior yearbook photos printed the name tags, to make recognising each other easier. The problem was that during our senior year the yearbook committee only included the photos of the popular kids. Our yearbook has a full page in the back listing all of us whose pictures had been excluded. I was not popular among my classmates, so my photo was not in our yearbook. Without a photo on my nametag, nobody at the reunion recognized or remembered me.

On the other hand, I feel that I have done far better than that herd has done. They all live within a 40-mile radius of our highschool.  I have lived and owned homes in Europe. The year before that reunion I retired with a pension from the Navy, and none of them were even within 20 years of retiring.

They may have been stuck-up bitches in highscool. But I feel that in actual life it was pretty easy to exceed all of their abilities.

:)

I'm surprised some people still aren't over high school slights. I was a huge loser in high school. Now I'm an even bigger loser nearing retirement! Life goes on! Why bring up high school now? :confused: