mrfeelnothing

Stood up too many times

58 posts in this topic

So Ive been a member of the board for a couple years now. This is the first time Ive put anything out in the forum but I just wanted to speak my mind and hope yall dont mind my rant. Ive met some incredible women and Ive had lots of fun. The last 3 providers I have tried to schedule an appointment with have either cancelled or ignored me when I try to meet for scheduled rendezvous. I wont mention any names and Im not about to write bad reviews because they are reputable providers. I know things happen and I know this line of work can be tricky its just that I get no explanation as to why these cancellations have occured. Im beginning to think its me and my bad luck. It really makes it difficult to wanna try again. Its not easy for me to step out of my comfort zone and it takes alot of courage on my end to reach out to all you beautiful women here on the board. I get worked up and excited when I have an oppurtunity to spend time with a beatiful woman and to be ignored or cancelled on is a huge downer. Anyway....I think this may be it for me in the hobby. Thank you to all the great women of this board who were willing to spend some time with me!! Be safe and have fun! 

It could be your approach. It could be who you are approaching.

Sit back and think about your approach.

I agree, it must be the approach. Things have changed lately because of the laws and everybody is more cautious. So if your approach worked before and it's not working now, then you'll have to upgrade it.

Wow, sorry this is happening. Do you actually have confirmed appointments in place? It's difficult to determine if it is who you are choosing without reviews. I guess I would use reviews and advice from your piers as to who you may be able to contact who will not only make you comfy, but not cancel on you. 

Why is it we blame these situations on the guy, maybe he didn't follow her protocol or said the wrong thing etc... 

You ladies have control of when you want to work, who your gonna see etc... And you know what? us guys will keep calling you.

The unfortunate about this is that there is not to many places any more to look for the ladies so your not worried about losing business, just be courteous and a simple phone call or text to say hey I need to cancel if appointment has already been set would be nice

44 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Wow, sorry this is happening. Do you actually have confirmed appointments in place? It's difficult to determine if it is who you are choosing without reviews. I guess I would use reviews and advice from your piers as to who you may be able to contact who will not only make you comfy, but not cancel on you. 

There actual confirmed appointments, 2 cancelled 1hr hour before said appointments and 1 went completely quite when I was ready to head to the appointment. Even after confirming 2 hours before our scheduled time.  I think my approach is fine because Im able to contact and set up dates. 

Oh come on guys. Why does have to be his fault?  Some of you guys just put these women up on pedestal, or thrones and act like they are  perfect angels. LOL, yea right, just like us guys are. When I contact a lady, it's to see how far and how much and if they are available now.  Even then, I've had 2 that quit answering when I got to the location, then they call or text an hour later when I'm with some one else, and want to know what time I'm coming or to tell me I can come now

We're all crooks, but we shouldnt be crooked crooks with each other 

Keep your money mrfeelnothing, and save it for something better

I go with "good vibes only" and I think most ladies do too, but even then, a text saying "Sorry, I got a bad feeling  and changed my mind" is the least they could do. I've changed my mind before too, but I always let them know

Sometimes you just go through a round of bad luck.  This should not happen with reputable providers but as you stated life happens and it is a bummer when it does happen.  I went through a spell where things were agreed on and did not happen and it is a major downer and you doubt yourself.  If I wanted that disappointment I would go back to real life dating.  But if you look at what you are doing how you are approaching things it generally comes back around.  If you are truly get ncns (meaning  you had a set appointment) and they just ghosted you and you have tried contacting them to find out why and they are still ghosting you and there was honestly nothing on your end that would have caused red flags for them to ghost you then a truthful and proper review is warranted.  But make sure that they have had every chance to make it right. Again life happens.  Some one canceling could be lots of things.  At least they contacted you and let you know and hopefully you had a plan B in place or were able to come up with one and it was not Rosie Palm.

Take a close look at how these interactions were and adjust them in a positive manner and you could be surprised.  My last outing has just been fantastic.

7 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

Oh come on guys. Why does have to be his fault?  Some of you guys just put these women up on pedestal, or thrones and act like they are  perfect angels. LOL, yea right, just like us guys are. When I contact a lady, it's to see how far and how much and if they are available now.  Even then, I've had 2 that quit answering when I got to the location, then they call or text an hour later when I'm with some one else, and want to know what time I'm coming or to tell me I can come now

We're all crooks, but we shouldnt be crooked crooks with each other 

Keep your money mrfeelnothing, and save it for something better

I go with "good vibes only" and I think most ladies do too, but even then, a text saying "Sorry, I got a bad feeling  and changed my mind" is the least they could do. I've changed my mind before too, but I always let them know

The frustrating part is that I dont even get an explanation, maybe i dont deserve one I dont know. But i just get a message saying "sorry I have to cancel" no offer to reschedule or just complete quite on their end. I think youre right though, maybe I need to invest in a new hobby. Thanks for reply!

Well "sorry I have to cancel" is not bad, you can do that too,  but when you are in a hotel parking lot and they just quit answering, that ain't right.   And I don't think it's me either,  because they call  or text later after I found someone else.   But, I think they might have been on some drugs or something and in their own world.

OP - I note that you have three reviews of lovely ladies that you really had a great time with.  And they are gorgeous. Why not call them?  Regulars don't NCNS regulars, and I have found that the dates get better and better with regulars.  If nothing else, it will give you the confidence to get back on the horse (there is actually a great pun lurking in that sentence that, white knight that I am, I am reticent to make).

When I was starting out, I thought that the new and unknown was more fun, and it was OK, but constantly beating the bush for new pleasures carries with it some level of risk, and lately it seems like the risk is increasing.

Just one point of view.

PS - Your handle is probably the worst possible choice if you are trying to get ladies to spend time with you. Seriously?

Edited by BadBoy

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

PS - Your handle is probably the worst possible choice if you are trying to get ladies to spend time with you. Seriously?

LOL. ^^This^^ glad you said it instead of me but that was my very 1st thought. That and another whiner thread. 

Edited by fishndude57

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

LOL,   it could be worse, like  "the ice man"  or "Mr Ogre"

Just now, fishndude57 said:

LOL. ^^This^^ glad you said it instead of me but that' was my very 1st thought. That and another whiner thread. 

Perhaps he's hoping some charitable lady will take it as a challenge.

Or...maybe that a provider of a certain interest would unleash an arsenal of weapons of ass destruction on a guy with a name like that?

My thought everyone, as if it really matters, is that since the demise of BP and the new rules of engagement are now in place, we all are having to jump through hoops that we didn’t used to.   My god I bet in the last five days I have noticed several new male and female newbies asking questions and spilling their guts to us.   Let’s all step back and reevaluate why we sre here and what we are all trying to accomplish.     Making $ and getting laid😀😀😀😀.   Thanks rant off now.  

And PS newbies - learn some manners.  This is really not the neighborhood candy aisle at the drug store.   The girls need us yes but not as bad as you may think!!!!

Actually, I have always thought that this was just like  the neighborhood candy store....

BB, I grew up in a drug store.  This candy is totally different.  A lot more cavalries come in this aisle 

Sorry this happened to you.  It may just be a dry spell, which can happen to any of us, gentleman or lady.  Though my little head thinks this is a sprint, my big head reminds me this is a marathon.  Rough patches happen for a variety of reasons.  You've had some fine encounters, so I hope you don't let it be the reason to quit.  Hope you soon meet with a fine lady who rocks your world.

Who cares if they are "reputable". If they truly ghosted you, they deserve a bad review. I have had no issue writing a bad review in the past for a well reviewed lady when she pulled that on me. So, write a review if not afraid of rebuttal.

That said, since we are getting only half the story, maybe they slotted you pending references and you never came through? Or back channel traffic said stay away (and maybe info came in late)? And "reputable" is pretty vague: how many reviews, months/years in business (ie. Two reviews from one review wonders do not constitute "well reviewed").

I find this shocking! I have not been "ghosted" 'stood up" or "short notice cancelled" in 10 years, or more! What must cause a reputable provider to do this? I'm sure mrfeelnothing, Stevie, 2Big, and Mike940370 are high quality men. 

(Sarcasm font off) LOL!

3 hours ago, pfunk said:

I find this shocking! I have not been "ghosted" 'stood up" or "short notice cancelled" in 10 years, or more! What must cause a reputable provider to do this? I'm sure mrfeelnothing, Stevie, 2Big, and Mike940370 are high quality men. 

(Sarcasm font off) LOL!

Am I missing something? I didn’t see 2Big respond here. I agree with you though. A true ‘ghosting’ means no response at all. It’s been a long while since that’s happened to me. I think the problem breaks down to bad communication. You don’t need to be annoying but for fuck sakes communicate. I think that’s what BadBoy was getting at earlier. I agree with him.

Edited by Vassago
Typo

Your handle mrfeelnothing could cause a lady to have second thoughts after agreeing to an appt. 

That being said, are the ladies who are ghosting you well established ladies or recent transplants from BP?

It sucks when you get ghosted...especially when you are at the appointed place and time.

29 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

Sarcasm back on,

I'm sure mr. Funk is God's gift to the boards women

With 76 reviews, I wouldn't assume otherwise (though he hasn't posted any yet this calendar year).B)

On 7/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, mrfeelnothing said:

So Ive been a member of the board for a couple years now. This is the first time Ive put anything out in the forum but I just wanted to speak my mind and hope yall dont mind my rant. Ive met some incredible women and Ive had lots of fun. The last 3 providers I have tried to schedule an appointment with have either cancelled or ignored me when I try to meet for scheduled rendezvous. I wont mention any names and Im not about to write bad reviews because they are reputable providers. I know things happen and I know this line of work can be tricky its just that I get no explanation as to why these cancellations have occured. Im beginning to think its me and my bad luck. It really makes it difficult to wanna try again. Its not easy for me to step out of my comfort zone and it takes alot of courage on my end to reach out to all you beautiful women here on the board. I get worked up and excited when I have an oppurtunity to spend time with a beatiful woman and to be ignored or cancelled on is a huge downer. Anyway....I think this may be it for me in the hobby. Thank you to all the great women of this board who were willing to spend some time with me!! Be safe and have fun! 

Mr MFN its a bummer that you have had such bad luck lately but I think a lot of us have been stood up before, so don't think that you are alone. I am not going to say this is what happened to you but the times I have been stood up were because of OVERBOOKING/SCHEDULING issues and they chose the first one that arrived and the second one is circling the parking lot or sitting in their carLOL. I take it with a grain of salt, depending on what the excuse is, I reschedule or I go see someone else. You have to understand, they have probably dealt with a ton of NO SHOWS or CREEPS for the day/week and you just happened to be the one who is going to pay for it. I will admit, 3 times in a row with a different girl would make me wonder as well. Unless you are stuck on one specific type, I see no reason for you to just give up and throw in the towel, last time I checked, TOB has some beautiful women. Get back in the saddle and use/consider all the WONDERFUL advice that has been thrown your way in this post/thread............

21 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

Mr MFN its a bummer that you have had such bad luck lately but I think a lot of us have been stood up before, so don't think that you are alone. I am not going to say this is what happened to you but the times I have been stood up were because of OVERBOOKING/SCHEDULING issues and they chose the first one that arrived and the second one is circling the parking lot or sitting in their carLOL. I take it with a grain of salt, depending on what the excuse is, I reschedule or I go see someone else. You have to understand, they have probably dealt with a ton of NO SHOWS or CREEPS for the day/week and you just happened to be the one who is going to pay for it. I will admit, 3 times in a row with a different girl would make me wonder as well. Unless you are stuck on one specific type, I see no reason for you to just give up and throw in the towel, last time I checked, TOB has some beautiful women. Get back in the saddle and use/consider all the WONDERFUL advice that has been thrown your way in this post/thread............

Well said. 

On 7/17/2018 at 7:25 PM, mrfeelnothing said:

Not a fun turn, brah. Sounds like you might be personalizing (making the negative outcome about you and your sense of worth) as well as putting yourself on the ass end of 'luck'--as if the Hobby Universe were out to get you. Things tend to get squirrely when we do that to ourselves, and the desperation that commonly results can leak out into how we communicate with the lovely ladies on this board (with not-so-great results). If a provider--even three [gasp] in a row--ghosts you short notice (assuming your approach is solid), that's about *her*--her reasons, possibly her burner malfunction, perhaps her lack of professionalism, maybe her hair-trigger instinct to shut it down if something feels off, whatever--not you. Next. Move on. Dial another series of digits. Hobby on, Wayne. It's literally a numbers game.

On 7/17/2018 at 4:50 PM, mrfeelnothing said:

There actual confirmed appointments, 2 cancelled 1hr hour before said appointments and 1 went completely quite when I was ready to head to the appointment. Even after confirming 2 hours before our scheduled time.  I think my approach is fine because Im able to contact and set up date

If id have quit after a half dozen times being stood up. My career would have ended 3 months in!!!

NO QUITTERS

Hey listen , sometimes timing isnt right , or maybe certain circumstances dont allow us to get back to everyone.... and sometimes its a patch of bad luck as to why you havent made a few connections.. but tough it out . If your having fun and meeting great people than dont let a string of bad luck make ya QUIT?  That word is not in our vocabulary

no quitters NO QUITTERS NO QUITTERS

NOW chin up shoulders back and get back on the horse or bandwagon .  Whatever it is get back on it!!! 

Thanks for participating

Ryann😜