Chrissy

Just Wrong!

28 posts in this topic

So a well Known Gent has Prebooked 24 hours in advance..

( address and all) He then with only 2 hours Notice cancels on me. 

I needed the session for Reasons that is no ones business, So I posted another " special" Ad this weekend. 

He saw the posted "Special" and the Next day Asks if he can have That rate and Would make up the Apt..

I Hung up. No reply. Nothing.

Am I wrong??? 

Chrissy,  speaking as a Gentleman, at least allegedly, in my opinion you are right.

Nah, nothing wrong. Yes, stuff happens, and maybe had a good reason to cancel, but to call next day and ask for the special and treat that as a make good? Nope.

Now, to be fair, you could have nicely informed him you would be willing to see him, but at regular rate, and then let him be a d-bag and get in a snit about why isn't he getting a deal, blah, blah, blah.

2 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Nah, nothing wrong. Yes, stuff happens, and maybe had a good reason to cancel, but to call next day and ask for the special and treat that as a make good? Nope.

Now, to be fair, you could have nicely informed him you would be willing to see him, but at regular rate, and then let him be a d-bag and get in a snit about why isn't he getting a deal, blah, blah, blah.

I did leave details out in first post as My concern was Did I handle it wrong. Let me clear up.

Yes. I did inform him of his options for a later booking. He politely declined and Said he was really aiming for the Special. 

No he did not offer an excuse or reason for cancelling. Just a text that said " Sorry can't make tonight"

And a text The next day " Hey! You got a Special ! "Can I do that instead. I can make it happen tonight if You can do it" 

What he did was not right.

You refusing to see him and hanging up on him, I don’t blame you one bit.

28 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

I did leave details out in first post as My concern was Did I handle it wrong. Let me clear up.

Yes. I did inform him of his options for a later booking. He politely declined and Said he was really aiming for the Special. 

No he did not offer an excuse or reason for cancelling. Just a text that said " Sorry can't make tonight"

And a text The next day " Hey! You got a Special ! "Can I do that instead. I can make it happen tonight if You can do it" 

Unless your target market/ideal client is "cheap ass narcissist" you did the smart and correct thing.  Doubly so that you chose professional over ripping him a new one - deservedly.  

I think you did the right thing. 

Considering the circumstances you handled it well. It certainly would have been your right to tell him if he wanted to reschedule he would have to pay a cancellation fee. 

IMO if he was going to reschedule he should have done it when he cancelled, if something truly unavoidable had come up.

I had a similar circumstance happen to me this weekend (except in reverse of course). Cancellations suck in either direction. I was prebooked and confirmed, with a well reviewed provider on this board, 24 hours in advance. The morning of I received a gift of extra time (thank the lord for sleepovers) so I asked if her schedule would permit an extension from sixty to ninety minutes. I received my ninety minutes, unfortunately it was the time before we were supposed to meet, when I get a text that she had to cancel. She was cordial about it. 

Me being the complete idiot  that I am, responded ok thanks and asked if It was ok to try and schedule again sometime. Needless to say I’m still waiting for a response. 

Chrissy, I apologize It was wrong to hijack your post. 

Edited by ironman318
Apology for post hijacking

Well done!!

I think that if something happens and either side have to cancel then there have to be a compensation, completely opposed to asking for a special price! 

16 minutes ago, ironman318 said:

Considering the circumstances you handled it well. It certainly would have been your right to tell him if he wanted to reschedule he would have to pay a cancellation fee. 

IMO if he was going to reschedule he should have done it when he cancelled, if something truly unavoidable had come up.

I had a similar circumstance happen to me this weekend (except in reverse of course). Cancellations suck in either direction. I was prebooked and confirmed, with a well reviewed provider on this board, 24 hours in advance. The morning of I received a gift of extra time (thank the lord for sleepovers) so I asked if her schedule would permit an extension from sixty to ninety minutes. I received my ninety minutes, unfortunately it was the time before we were supposed to meet, when I get a text that she had to cancel. She was cordial about it. 

Me being the complete idiot  that I am, responded ok thanks and asked if It was ok to try and schedule again sometime. Needless to say I’m still waiting for a response. 

Chrissy, I apologize It was wrong to hijack your post. 

No all is good! I do not do cancellation fees, I do not understand how to get a fee from A no show???? But YES!  I know stuff happens, is why I prefer pre book or Same day p411..It just sucks.. Kind of like a Guy cancelling , Only to see a Review of another lady pop up For that same date was canceled on LOL.😎

Chrissy, the dude sounds like a time waster  and cheap. You  handled it well.we put out the effort to make them comfortable at our incall, at our expense . And he cancels then wants the cheaper rate? Consider it a lucky break.Had he seen you, you probably would have had to do everything while he just layed there. Anyway ,really cheap guys tend to be lazy in bed in my experience.

Chrissy, you were right.

This business seems to bring out some really poor behaviour, in certain people.

Anyone who would cancel on short notice, then say he can do the special, the next day, but not offer full price, to make up for the cancellation, is a  "cheap ass narcissist" (Thanks, gr8owl!).

He's not a customer anyone would want. 

Chrissy, you were totally right - this guy is a total douche-bag so fuck him (oops, no don't).

<Shrug> you lost a sale. I guess you didn't need the money that much.

Chrissy, you handled it fine. Dude sounds like an opportunistic asshole. If he had to cancel short notice (it happens sometimes), he should have offered to pay a cancellation fee next time he tried to book with you, and then gone with the rate of the original appointment.

28 minutes ago, 2Big said:

Not all sales or customers are equal. 

Sometimes the short-term sale has long-term negative consequences. 

Ok. I'll take a slightly different (and probably unpopular) view.  Chrissy states that this is a well-known  gent - not some random newbie or lurker.  I assume "well-known" means some combination of reviews, board posts, and references (no, it wasn't me....). That being the case, how about pointing out his poor approach and giving him a chance to acknowledge/apologize and do the right thing? By simply hanging up, it killed that possible appointment and possibly any in the future. Yes, he was wrong/made a mistake. If he was unwilling to acknowledge/apologize and do the right thing (full rate appointment) then he deserves all the name calling in this thread.  

15 hours ago, Chrissy said:

So a well Known Gent has Prebooked 24 hours in advance..

( address and all) He then with only 2 hours Notice cancels on me. 

I needed the session for Reasons that is no ones business, So I posted another " special" Ad this weekend. 

He saw the posted "Special" and the Next day Asks if he can have That rate and Would make up the Apt..

I Hung up. No reply. Nothing.

Am I wrong??? 

Nope! 

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Absolutely did the right thing. Not even sure what there is to debate.

1 hour ago, 2Big said:

It is the principle of things, asshole.

You don't cancel which screws us out of money(that pays our bills, food, etc), and then reschedule immediately because we run a deal to save our ass from the perp to begin with. He is not conscious of our time, and doesn't respect our rates.

Your attitude is why we screen, have the rules that we apply to. Quit thinking we are just bodies that you can have just because you believe your money is entitled to it. It is really getting old.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, sb1212 said:

Ok. I'll take a slightly different (and probably unpopular) view.  Chrissy states that this is a well-known  gent - not some random newbie or lurker.  I assume "well-known" means some combination of reviews, board posts, and references (no, it wasn't me....). That being the case, how about pointing out his poor approach and giving him a chance to acknowledge/apologize and do the right thing? By simply hanging up, it killed that possible appointment and possibly any in the future. Yes, he was wrong/made a mistake. If he was unwilling to acknowledge/apologize and do the right thing (full rate appointment) then he deserves all the name calling in this thread.  

Thank you kindly for offering a different point of view. THIS was what I was afraid of..

Others seeing my actions as rude and UN called for. I love my business and put a lot in to it. It is just a hard pill to swallow when A gent has been around 10 years and does the things mentioned  :(

But as Samantha pointed out. Because we are for Rent, we often are treated like Lifeless dolls Or Cheap Thrills fighting off keyboard Asshats..

I guess it was just my week for all of the crap chute dates I've been missing out on over the last month. LOL... No one has Perfect attendance. 

Unless you are Fish 😂

10 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Thank you kindly for offering a different point of view. THIS was what I was afraid of..

Others seeing my actions as rude and UN called for. I love my business and put a lot in to it. It is just a hard pill to swallow when A gent has been around 10 years and does the things mentioned  :(

But as Samantha pointed out. Because we are for Rent, we often are treated like Lifeless dolls Or Cheap Thrills fighting off keyboard Asshats..

I guess it was just my week for all of the crap chute dates I've been missing out on over the last month. LOL... No one has Perfect attendance. 

Unless you are Fish 😂

Even the well-known gents occasionally can get sloppy in their habits and manners, and need correction.  The actual question I guess is, does a well-known gent deserve more leeway in their transgressions than some newbie?  Maybe its the opposite, that the newbie should have a little latitude until they fully are trained in how to behave, and someone who should know better gets punished for a screwup they should not have made?

You did well.

Now you have learned from this, and maybe you will be better equipped to handle the situation next time. We live and we learn.

22 minutes ago, SubmarineNavigator said:

You did well.

Now you have learned from this, and maybe you will be better equipped to handle the situation next time. We live and we learn.

I think she handled it just perfectly!

3 hours ago, sb1212 said:

I understand your view. However... It's pretty much just treating folks the way that you would like to be treated. Although this is an "underground" sort of thing, it does not negate behaving appropriately and with manners. Also since he seems to know his way around, he should know that behavior was not appropriate. As we've discussed many times unavoidable "things" do happen. On my end, I'll offer a discount next visit if I have to cancel. Chrissy counted on this meeting, so I'm sure she prepped, did not accept other meetings etc. Gosh, it may be the same guy that writes reviews, and constantly contacts me asking for specials. So crass....