How my fast judgments on things throughout my life have been so wrong

14 posts in this topic

so I often prejudge things and decide before knowing that I won't like something. Everything from people, movies, TV shows, food, and music.  Since living with my current roomie they have introduced me to countless things I had decided I hated before trying or knowing. Right now I'm in a full on binge fest of game of thrones.  I had put it on my refusal list and my god I was an idiot it's a bad ass crazy show with an intense never disappointing story and great acting.  I'm on season 5 now and spend most my free time watching with glee and can't get enough.  I've decided to no longer judge unless I'm educated the subject. Ive missed out on so many things because I think I knowv what I'll enjoy. Turns out that I really have no idea what I like so I'm deciding to just shut up and allow myself to let go of my judging thoughts.  It's official im a changed women and I'm excited to see what things I'll end up loving even if my first impression is I'll hate that. Does anyone else do this? Hood I'm not alone in being silly and holding myself back from enjoyment.  Also if you haven't yet watched games of thrones stop whatever your doing and get on it. Thank me later.  💋❤💋

I have had some of the same feelings.

And yes it feels great to let go!

But always have a little caution.

I do this ALL the time in regards to television. Every single one of my friends suggests GoT for me but I like you have just written it off for whatever reason. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it, makes it slightly more intriguing to  me. :) 

.... and if George R. R. Martin can finish the 6th book he’s only been working on for the last 7 years, I can get on with the rest of my life.

Martin’s getting up there in age. What if he doesn’t make it to finish the series? Unlike Tolkien, I don’t think he has any kids to carry the torch. Oh well, I guess no story ever really ends.

48 minutes ago, Vassago said:

Martin’s getting up there in age. What if he doesn’t make it to finish the series? Unlike Tolkien, I don’t think he has any kids to carry the torch. Oh well, I guess no story ever really ends.

He’s pretty much if he dies before completion the books die with him because he won’t authorize anyone else to write them. And then he seems to get even more pissed and likely not to complete them every time someone says he should finish it. 

No big deal....as it is a "period piece", history provides closure should the author die before completion....." 'And then, the Black Death swept through all the lands. It claimed the lives of over one third of mankind...including all of the characters in this story...The End"

3 hours ago, Just Jos said:

I do this ALL the time in regards to television. Every single one of my friends suggests GoT for me but I like you have just written it off for whatever reason. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it, makes it slightly more intriguing to  me. :) 

I'm the same way only not with TV. When I first heard of Game of Thrones on HBO, I downloaded all of George R. R. Martin's books in the series. I read them one after the other in the space of a few months. I keep looking for book 6, but I suspect it will never be published while he's alive. It will be published posthumously and with amendments to catch up with the story that HBO put on screen. 

Damn obsessives and perfectionists.

Edited by eatu55

22 minutes ago, eatu55 said:

I'm the same way only not with TV. When I first heard of Game of Thrones on HBO, I downloaded all of George R. R. Martin's books in the series. I read them one after the other in the space of a few months. I keep looking for book 6, but I suspect it will never be published while he's alive. It will be published posthumously and with amendments to catch up with the story that HBO put on screen. 

Damn obsessives and perfectionists.

To be fair, books 6 and 7 are meant to be 1 book. He did the same for books 4 and 5. They got separated in two because they were so long. So I’m assuming 6 and 7 will have already been completed by the time 6 comes out.

I remember thinking Stephen King would never finish The Dark Tower series.  He did and he’s still writing like a book a week.  And he got ran over by a car!  If he can get run over by a car then George RR Martin can finish GOT by God!  Besides there are prequels and spinoffs to be had.  HBO will download him to a machine so he can finish!

He’s been writing prequels instead of finishing the series. 

Tolkien finished the story, then his son published the background material. 

I’ve not been watching the TV series, though I’ve looked at a few episodes. But did download all the books and eagerly await the next installment.

Man, I have jonesing for the game of thrones.  I don't know if I can make it to next year. That rage thrones video is really funny.

Anyone watch Children of Dune? I’m only mentioning it because I found the  two series very similar. And ... I’m a huge Dune fan.

And by the way Kyle MacLachlan is fucking obnoxious. His full head of thick hair waving in the wind. Fucking show off. There wasn’t even any wind inside the citadel. 

Sorry if I’ve already posted this. Memory is going. And the scene is upsetting. Mostly just because of his hair.

On a semi related note. Anyone here ever watch a show called The Book Group? It has Rory McCann (The Hound) as a leading role. I enjoyed it while it lasted. It was definitely one of those shows I was hesitant to watch because I thought it would bore me but found that decision unfair if not outright erroneous.

It is much more enjoyable to watch with a glass of wine. 

Sláinte

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0276650/

Edited by Vassago
The link