DaisyMeetsDallas

I saw a bear!!!

34 posts in this topic

Coming from the desert, I didn't see anything very exciting! Being here only a week, I've seen a bear cub, two elk, and two deer! And all like crazy close!! What's some of the wildlife you've seen close and in person!!! 

Still waiting to fight a raccoon!!! Lol. 

Bald eagle, golden eagle, osprey, mountain lion, bobcat, porcupine, deer, elk, moose, coyote, fox, pheasant, quail, grouse,  jackrabbit, cottontail, black squirrel, rattlesnake, prairie dog, wild turkey, marmot, ferret, bear. Stick around Colorado long enough you will see them, too.

7 hours ago, DaisyMeetsDallas said:

Coming from the desert, I didn't see anything very exciting! Being here only a week, I've seen a bear cub, two elk, and two deer! And all like crazy close!! What's some of the wildlife you've seen close and in person!!! 

Racoons are plenty here and some are as big as a medium sized 30lb dog 

23 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I better not see a 30lb Racoon! My dog doesn't even weigh 15lbs...lol

Daisy welcome to Colorado - there is tons of wildlife here. A moose cut in front of me while driving in Summit County this week.  Get to the mountains and enjoy!!!!!!

9 hours ago, DaisyMeetsDallas said:

Seven bears, 40 elk at one time on a trail run in Evergreen, a family of deer with babies playing and a moose while hiking 14ers, and baby mountain lion. Colorado is full of wildlife and it's wonderful getting to see nature in its element. We just have to respect them and be smart. 

3 hours ago, SabrinaLynn aka KatieCreme said:

I better not see a 30lb Racoon! My dog doesn't even weigh 15lbs...lol

I've seen some raccoons that looked like good sized dogs and a coworker of mine had someone who lived a few houses down from him who had 2 full grown rotties where a single raccoon killed one of them and had the other one critical....

You should come over and meet Ms Yote.

Bears are very busy this time of year, I have not seen one yet this year but have seen fresh bear scat. Last year I did see one up on some rocks near Ouray.  On Hwy285 Going to Conifer, there is a electronic sign stating heavy bear activity along with fire danger . Be glad you saw one from a safe distance. 🍀

Watch out for coyotes if you have pets. I love foxes

Not all yotes are bad. Mostly neglectful animal owners and the fact they are misunderstood.  

I love coyotes, maybe they remind me of myself, but they are good, beautiful creatures who almost never bother humans and keep the damned vermin population down.  I've been within 10 feet of them on numerous occasions and no problems at all, even when there are several coyotes and only one unarmed human (holding his dog carefully to his chest).  They are just tricksters, so don't trust them with your small animals.

Racoons, on the other hand, are extremely dangerous and have big-ass, very sharp teeth.  Be careful around raccoons - give them lots of space if you see them.

Wile E Coyote. I chase em when bored hunting sometimes. Just like the cartoon they'll pop their head up over a log, damn missed, on to the next log. Never shot one and oh I've tried. Had a home inspection, inspector opened the attic hatch, and was charged by a big ass raccoon, never seen a big man retreat down a ladder like he did, we terminated contract based on inspection lol. 

11 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I’ve even heard of our Racoon’s being described as “ass raping racoons” 

Down south it is a banner year for frickin' snakes - red racer, bull and rattle.  Anyone have the pleasure of meeting a badger in the wild?  Serious attitude those little suckers have!  Favorite critter is of course ...... oh really, must I say it lol?

14 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

Bald eagle, golden eagle, osprey, mountain lion, bobcat, porcupine, deer, elk, moose, coyote, fox, pheasant, quail, grouse,  jackrabbit, cottontail, black squirrel, rattlesnake, prairie dog, wild turkey, marmot, ferret, bear. Stick around Colorado long enough you will see them, too.

Yup. Seen pretty much all those at one time or another.

Closest bear encounter was riding a bike to work, came around a bend in the road and there was mama bear just off the road with her cubs up a tree. Danm near pooped my short when I saw that.

Grand Canyon south rim late Sept, early Oct, setting up campsite, bull and harem just feet away in the brush from where was setting up the tent! Luckily, bull was mellow.

Closest moose encounter was about 30ft away: trail in Frisco, came around the bend, there it was in a marsh.

Bears sniffing around the campsite at Golden Gate park. Grizzlies in Yellowstone campsite one night.

Of all places, seen quail, fox, coyote (and not unusual road runners) feet in front of me in Vegas outskirts.

I had all my chickens eaten multiple times by coyotes in Arizona. Jerks. But again. My fault. They even attacked my pigs at one point. It's like no matter how good you are at protecting your animals. They have one up on you!

Edited by DaisyMeetsDallas
Typo

6 minutes ago, DaisyMeetsDallas said:

I had all my chickens eaten multiple times by coyotes in Arizona. Jerks. But again. My fault. They even attacked my pigs at one point. It's like no matter how good you are at protecting your animals. They have one up on you!

Them Coyotes can be Ugly

giphy.gif  

On 7/10/2018 at 0:35 AM, DaisyMeetsDallas said:

I believe Laci is the Board's Resident authority on Raccoon fighting. Pretty sure the term "ass raping raccoon" was thrown out after the last encounter.🤔🤔😂😂😂

2 hours ago, comfortseeker said:

I believe Laci is the Board's Resident authority on Raccoon fighting. Pretty sure the term "ass raping raccoon" was thrown out after the last encounter.🤔🤔😂😂😂

+1

I’m out of rep points already and the day is just beginning. Sure could use 20 rep points a day.  Hint , hint😂

Aww man... I’m jealous.  A whole week I was in Yellowstone and only saw elk and big buffalo.  

On 7/9/2018 at 11:35 PM, DaisyMeetsDallas said:

I see QUITE a few Beavers,

😎

1 hour ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

I see QUITE a few Beavers,

😎

uBRIYyT.jpg?1

4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

uBRIYyT.jpg?1

He reminds me oh the Caddy Shack Gopher!  😎

Seriously though Welcome to our beautiful state. Viewing wildlife is best enjoyed from a safe distance Especially the dreaded Jackalope 😬Although very rarely seen can deliver a punishing lunge to unwary hikers.  Men are especially vulnerable to their pin pointed attacks on their Rocky Mountain Oysters 😬. 

i saw a few bears downtown a couple weeks ago............

Image result for GAY bEARS

Don’t fight the raccoons alone and definitely not after a few cocktails.  Those bastards have thumbs😱